Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVIII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to part 18 of the random thread! All random thoughts welcome here! :D

Members don't see this ad.

*yawn* I'm awake way too late again.

We're driving home tomorrow and there's going to be a snow storm in the mountains. :( Wish us luck that it doesn't take ten-bazillion hours to get home.

*yawn* I'm awake way too late again.

We're driving home tomorrow and there's going to be a snow storm in the mountains. :( Wish us luck that it doesn't take ten-bazillion hours to get home.
get home safe!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your 4,000th post was on March 7th. I, unfortunately, was in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and therefore unable to cue up songs on SDN.

I blame penguin.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your 4,000th post was on March 7th. I, unfortunately, was in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and therefore unable to cue up songs on SDN.

I blame penguin.

Ya I blame her too. We should get her for that one.

I blame penguin.

Ya I blame her too. We should get her for that one.

he never asked. dem's da rulz.

"get" me? hmmmmmmmmm... *rubs hands together* bring it on, boys! :smuggrin: :laugh:

watch myself before I wreck myself? :smuggrin:

given the schedule that Durden sent me, it looks like we may not see each other until the 14th anyway. I'm not scurred of you. :hungover:

Are you busy on Friday night, April 13?

Durden are you going to watch that symphony that Friday night?

I've cleared the weekend, minus studying on Sunday. So whenever, whatever is fine with me. We all (you, megboo, Durden, myself, and if she's not completely teasing us above, Ana) need to get together via chat or something and figure out "the plan". Although for right now, my "plan" is figuring out how to clean the house so that it's at least presentable for people who have never been here...

I just figured it'd be easier to skip the second night's BBQ dinner, student musical, and post-theater "party" rather than the formal dinner and symphony.

I just figured it'd be easier to skip the second night's BBQ dinner, student musical, and post-theater "party" rather than the formal dinner and symphony.

I was thinking about going to the formal Friday dinner but skipping the symphony afterward.

penguin, it looks like WashU is booking a flight that arrives on Thursday afternoon April 12....are you free that evening too?

I was thinking about going to the formal Friday dinner but skipping the symphony afterward.

penguin, it looks like WashU is booking a flight that arrives on Thursday afternoon April 12....are you free that evening too?
you......... are very demanding. :laugh:

I'll have to see when my monthly hospital meeting is. But typically I'm at my office Thurs until about 7pm, which is maybe 2 blocks from the hotel. So we'll see.

you......... are very demanding. :laugh:

I'll have to see when my monthly hospital meeting is. But typically I'm at my office Thurs until about 7pm, which is maybe 2 blocks from the hotel. So we'll see.

YGPM

boooooooooooooo....... USMLE step 2 CS costs $1,005 to register for. :eek: :mad:

and thats only half of step 2, the other part (USMLE step 2 CK) costs over $400.

what. a. rip. since its required for our licensing they could charge anything they wanted and we'd have to pay, thats just messed up. im surprised they dont just charge $10k for the damn test, we'd have to pay it.

:laugh: i actually got rejected from penn twice! (two emails referring me to the rejected status page). wow, how obnoxious!

Hey A-man! Sucks about how expensive Step 2 is. :mad:

Glad you're loving peds surg! I didn't like it because they always kept the rooms so hot. :oops:

very true! the pts are so cute though beary, ie 4 year old girl grabbing her belly and saying "my tummy hurts". or babies smiling when you listen to their heart and lungs in the mornings during pre-rounds. such a nice break from the typical adult patient thats pissed off over why theyve been in the hospital for a week or why they are getting their blood drawn everyday, etc...

very true! the pts are so cute though beary, ie 4 year old girl grabbing her belly and saying "my tummy hurts". or babies smiling when you listen to their heart and lungs in the mornings during pre-rounds. such a nice break from the typical adult patient thats pissed off over why theyve been in the hospital for a week or why they are getting their blood drawn everyday, etc...
cute avatar! :)

Wow, how do you do that??!! I always made the babies cry! :oops:

But you're right they are cute. I did my sub-I in peds onc and got pretty attached to many of my pts.

one of my patients is this 6 month old baby girl that ive been following for a week now. i was off this weekend so she hadnt seen me since friday. when i went to listen to her this morning she had such a big smile on her face when she saw me. i think she registered my face! :love:

no special tricks, just constantly being around them.

:laugh: np man

i think your school has rejected me and just forgot to send me a letter. i heard that they are all done giving interviews. do you have any insider information if that's true?

crap, sorry to break it to you then sweetie. this week is the final week they are interviewing people, ie today and friday. ****, im sorry. you'll probably get an official letter soon.

whatever, im pissed i never got the chance to meet you down here but happy that you are going to be a doctor regardless. :love:

Ha! I was reading NJBMD's blog some time back and she was saying Peds surg was one of her fav. rotations in her surg residency.

At any rate, yeah I agree that kids are soooooooo cute. Well until they get older that is. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.