Random non–MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread Part XXX!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PBandJ

hot dog back in action!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TRIPLE X randudes and randudettes!!

I had to start the new one b/c the old one should have technically been closed a while ago, and we need reviving!! RANDOM THREAD MUST NOT DIE! :)

And just for yucks, here's a dog with a bunch of tennis balls in his mouth!

4.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
woohoo for another year passed another year. Before I know it you'll be an attending.

Ha, not soon enough for me! Third year isn't so bad though, am used to being a resident.

I am in Boston right now at a meeting and am having an ok time but looking forward to going home. What are you all up to?

haha, obviously med school is occupying all of my time since i haven't logged on here in 2 months...and to think i used to check SDN many many times a day!
anywho, congrats to those who have been accepted!
funky, good luck with everything...i hope something comes around for you!

terrible
1 WL
0 A
1 sad person :( :(

1 WL is better then those with 0 WL/0 A/0 interviews. ;)

Hopefully next year will be better for me. haha. Whatever. I think you just need to hang in there because May 15th will come around before you know it and you will get off the waitlist. Don't worry.

lol
congrats! :clap:

Thank you. Good luck on the waitlist...you never know what can happen! Perhaps call and ask to speak with the dean of admissions or if you live close enough go and meet with him/her in person!!! You have got to take control of this situation and do everything you can to get their attention! SINCERELY showing them how much you want to get in may help! Don't worry about being annoying, don't be intimidated--just freaking do it. You have to actually speak with them--sending letters is not enough. Do you really want to spend another entire year applying and everything--you are on a waitlist dude!!! take advantage of that!!

At my school matriculants drop out during the first week of class or just never show up for orientation--so it's the end of August and they pull a couple people off the waitlist!! It's not over til it's over.

Congrats to the new 1st years about to set sail and to the newly minted 2nd years, who just finished their first voyage. And to the soon-to-be third years, much luck to you on your boards!

To those who are still waiting to hear, good luck to you... I hope you hear good news soon.

Looks like I'm going to med school. I think I robbed somebody of their acceptance :laugh:

thanks! I'm going back to NY!!

That's even better if it is where you are from. That must be exciting for you. it is always good when you get in somewhere but even more exciting when you get in somewhere close to home or close to where you want to be.

That's even better if it is where you are from. That must be exciting for you. it is always good when you get in somewhere but even more exciting when you get in somewhere close to home or close to where you want to be.
Actually, distancewise it's as close as DC (4 hour drive) but at least it's cheaper on the tolls :)
just like instate tuition and not ridiculous private school prices

Actually, distancewise it's as close as DC (4 hour drive) but at least it's cheaper on the tolls :)
just like instate tuition and not ridiculous private school prices

Yah but look at the bright side. 4 hours in nothing. Maybe cuz I'm from Fl. and UF is 3 hours away from home, Miami is 4 hours away. Jville where some of UF hospitals are is 4 hours away. But back to what I was saying, the bright side is you are not like those Californians or other out of staters that go even from south to North or north to south, etc. that have to go to NY or the east coast and be a much longer distance away from home. You are in state so you can go home more often even if it is still a slight inconvenience. And 4 hours is not that bad. i'm not sure if you are from NYC itself but I've heard one of the other SUNY's is like 8 hours from the city. That's what my friend told me.

PBandJ,

I may be moving to your old city next fall for the BU MAMS program. But the cost is scaring the crap out of me. I wish my dad would let me sell the mutual funds he had saved for me and let me use the funds like y friend's grandmother let him use the fund's she had put in a trust for him for educational purposes when he di the SMP at Gtown.

PBandJ,

I may be moving to your old city next fall for the BU MAMS program. But the cost is scaring the crap out of me. I wish my dad would let me sell the mutual funds he had saved for me and let me use the funds like y friend's grandmother let him use the fund's she had put in a trust for him for educational purposes when he di the SMP at Gtown.
yep, almost all programs at BU are pretty pricey. boston in general is expensive.

ps: hi everyone!!