RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll take your pathology exams if you take my genetics and cellular signaling of neoplasia exam :D

I would make that trade. Seems like it would be a really fair one, actually.

Members don't see this ad.

Professor asks question in class. I answer said question. I am 99% sure I am correct. She says I'm wrong. I look it up, and sure enough I am right. So I look stupid in front of entire class even though I am right. So frustrating.

Professor asks question in class. I answer said question. I am 99% sure I am correct. She says I'm wrong. I look it up, and sure enough I am right. So I look stupid in front of entire class even though I am right. So frustrating.

Maybe cite your source with a quote and email to prof and class?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe cite your source with a quote and email to prof and class?
meh, not worth it. She also contradicted another professor later in the lecture. When someone pointed it out, she pretty much just brushed it off.

meh, not worth it. She also contradicted another professor later in the lecture. When someone pointed it out, she pretty much just brushed it off.
...and she gets paid the big bucks. Go figure. I hope there are student evals of profs at end of semester.

Welp, moved out this morning... Happy Valentine's Day to me! :(:confused::scared:

It wasn't easy let me tell you, especially when I got beautiful roses lying next to me when I woke up (I just told him the other day that I miss when I used to wake up and my dad always had roses lying next to me for Valentine's Day) and one of my favorite danishes because my friend and I ate the entire thing the other morning from stress lol. It was mostly hard because these things were thoughtful based on my personal life.

It wasn't easy to say "Thanks, see ya later" :cry: I love him very very much so this is just all a little too overwhelming for me right now. Especially with two decisions (UFL and Aurburn) coming this week. :eek:

Welp, moved out this morning... Happy Valentine's Day to me! :(:confused::scared:

It wasn't easy let me tell you, especially when I got beautiful roses lying next to me when I woke up (I just told him the other day that I miss when I used to wake up and my dad always had roses lying next to me for Valentine's Day) and one of my favorite danishes because my friend and I ate the entire thing the other morning from stress lol. It was mostly hard because these things were thoughtful based on my personal life.

It wasn't easy to say "Thanks, see ya later" :cry: I love him very very much so this is just all a little too overwhelming for me right now. Especially with two decisions (UFL and Aurburn) coming this week. :eek:
I'm so sorry emiloo :( I know it's hard, but I'm SO PROUD of you!!!! it takes a strong person to leave, and while it's hard now, it's only going to get better from here on out!!

You've done something that takes so much maturity, to be able to look to the future and not do the easy thing in the moment. Your life will get better because of this difficult decision, not worse. Guaranteed. You deserve to hear good news this week from both Florida and Auburn. Before you know it, you will be in vet school with all of this mess behind you. It will feel like another life, and you'll wonder how you put up with it for so long. You'll be into another mess (studying your brain out), but moving ahead to the life you want (without having to take care of another person who has really dragged you down with all his issues which he has to resolve himself). PM if you need anything (place to stay or anything).

I'm so sorry emiloo :( I know it's hard, but I'm SO PROUD of you!!!! it takes a strong person to leave, and while it's hard now, it's only going to get better from here on out!!

I am so proud too, Emi. Please check your messages and let me know if you need anything. Where did you move???

I need to RANT:

Winter break my co-worker pet sat for me for 2 nights. I asked her if she planned on having anyone over (because I knew she had a BF) and she said, "no."

2 days after she pet sits, my dad calls me saying that someone had taken their credit card. I asked he if she knew anything about it and if she had anyone at the house while she was pet sitting my dog. She said, "no."

I insisted my family pay her for her work because I believed her when she said she had nothing to do with it and knew nothing about it.

Anyways, my parents found 3 Marlboro cigarettes on our patio. The felon who had used the card was flagged for purchasing Marlboro cigarettes and being born in '91 (the same age as her BF).

Eventually the cop had approached him and the kid fessed up because he was basically caught. Then he waits in his car for me after work only to corner me and beg me to do something. Ultimately I cant, it was my step-mothers card (and I already had a horrible relationship with her before this event). In the state of VA, the state automatically presses charges whether or not the individual who made the call wants to press charges, the credit card company pursues legal action automatically too, and my dad's wife is heartless anyways. However, I did defend her to my family/cops and insisted that she shouldn't receive any charges.

I think the only reason he felt sorry was because he got caught red-handed and had to turn himself in the next day. Apparently he was already on probation for breaking and entering (I wouldnt have asked her to pet sit for me if I had known this).

Major part of my rant:

My co-worker still continues to date him, he is the bother of one of the receptionists, and she (the GF of the thief) never even bothered to approach me and apologize. I dont care how mad I am, if you come to me and are sincerely sorry about what happens, I will probably forgive you... If you dont, I am left assuming that you dont think what happen was actually wrong (I have learned that it is stupid to forgive people who didnt want to be forgiven... same crap will happen again).

Work really sucks now because they are both on my shifts ALL the time.
... and simply, I just do not think it is appropriate for him to be sending flowers and balloons to her at work when he is forbidden by the owner to come near the practice and remind co-workers of the convoluted bull-@#$% that has gone on recently.

my life can be summarized like this: I cant even get a co-worker to pet sit for and have it work out well... I am really sick of this crapola

:mad:+pissed+:bang::boom::wtf:

--------

And Emiloo4, I am glad you took a stand. You deserve better. :thumbup:

i truly admire your courage and you are so brave. just know you made the right decision, some times you have to do things that are for YOU! :hugs: i know it's hard but it WILL get better. and YOU deserve BETTER.

we are all here for you!

Wow Virginger, that is quote the story. I wouldn't think that your stepmother could really put the blame on you, though. And luckily, if you tell your credit card company that the card was stolen and which purchases you didn't make, they will not hold you accountable. How horrible is your co-worker, though? She lied and knows you know now, and still nothing. Just awful.

Members don't see this ad :)

I agree with what everyone else has said, you are an incredibly strong person for being able to walk away from the relationship. Keep truckin' along. I've got my fingers crossed for you that you hear good news from UFL and Auburn this week.

:xf:

Rant: Dear boyfriend, thanks for not doing a thing for me for Valentine's Day. Not even a 'Happy Valentine's Day' text. It makes me feel ultra special that you acted like this day doesn't exist. Love, your sarcastic, pissed off girlfriend.

Wow Virginger, that is quote the story. I wouldn't think that your stepmother could really put the blame on you, though. And luckily, if you tell your credit card company that the card was stolen and which purchases you didn't make, they will not hold you accountable. How horrible is your co-worker, though? She lied and knows you know now, and still nothing. Just awful.

Thanks Bisbee, at lest its not crazy to feel to ticked off then..

Yeah the step mom is not really the forgiving type but she is happy that she isnt accountable for the $$$ spent.

My eukarotic cell bio exam bent me over the table and just gave it to me. I think was a general consensus. It's not fair. I studied everything. I knew everything. ALL THE PROTEINS. Oh well, life goes on. Hoping I at least 2.0'd:xf:

Good for you. I am very proud. It is so easy to go back. Stick to your guns. You will soon realize that your life is better without him and all the issues and stress he caused in your life just are not worth it. Ginger love.:love:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all of your support. :love:

It wasn't easy let me tell you, ...

Emiloo, hard as it is, you know that you've done the right thing for yourself. And, for that, you should be commended. Not everyone in a 'bad' relationship has the courage to leave. So, you should feel very good about putting yourself into a better position. Remember to get in touch if you need anything.

In other rant news, I have a bitchin' UTI. I haven't had one in so long that I've been letting it fester for days; and it finally dawned on my stupid ass at 3am when I got up for the 2nd time to pee and was in pan that 'Duh - I should get to the doctor'. I drag my sorry ass to work (because we had something really big going down this am that required plenty of hands), and call the doctor who kindly squeezes me in late morning... I am then dragged into something else and told 'Oh no, you're not going to the doctor today - we can't spare you.' So, there I am covered in critter, in pain, having to pee, on hold with my doctor's office trying to get another appt. Luckily the guy felt really bad for me, but all they could do was tomorrow afternoon. I told 'them' I didn't care if the building was on fire, I was going... So, yay. Looking forward to another lovely evening with likely little sleep. What really sucks is that I can't even bring myself to go to the gym. The thought of hopping off the equipment every 10 to 15 minutes makes me shudder. Thanks for listening...

Emiloo, hard as it is, you know that you've done the right thing for yourself. And, for that, you should be commended. Not everyone in a 'bad' relationship has the courage to leave. So, you should feel very good about putting yourself into a better position. Remember to get in touch if you need anything.

In other rant news, I have a bitchin' UTI. I haven't had one in so long that I've been letting it fester for days; and it finally dawned on my stupid ass at 3am when I got up for the 2nd time to pee and was in pan that 'Duh - I should get to the doctor'. I drag my sorry ass to work (because we had something really big going down this am that required plenty of hands), and call the doctor who kindly squeezes me in late morning... I am then dragged into something else and told 'Oh no, you're not going to the doctor today - we can't spare you.' So, there I am covered in critter, in pain, having to pee, on hold with my doctor's office trying to get another appt. Luckily the guy felt really bad for me, but all they could do was tomorrow afternoon. I told 'them' I didn't care if the building was on fire, I was going... So, yay. Looking forward to another lovely evening with likely little sleep. What really sucks is that I can't even bring myself to go to the gym. The thought of hopping off the equipment every 10 to 15 minutes makes me shudder. Thanks for listening...

Drug store to pick up some Azo or Urinstat! The god send of UTI's. You may pee dark orange for a while but the urgency will go away.

Drug store to pick up some Azo or Urinstat! The god send of UTI's. You may pee dark orange for a while but the urgency will go away.

:thumbup::thumbup: I agree! I love Azo lol

Thanks for the advice, guys! :love: I did think about it given past discussions on this board; but, the pharmacologist in me stopped me... I've let it go long enough that the strip is likely to light up like Christmas & I feared that the Azo might affect the results and mask something. Thus, been sampling cranberry juices. Nantuket Nectars & Tropicana both get a :thumbup:.

Thanks for the advice, guys! :love: I did think about it given past discussions on this board; but, the pharmacologist in me stopped me... I've let it go long enough that the strip is likely to light up like Christmas & I feared that the Azo might affect the results and mask something. Thus, been sampling cranberry juices. Nantuket Nectars & Tropicana both get a :thumbup:.
Have you tried cranapple? It's a mix of cranberry and apple juice. Old Orchard is my favorite- no added sugars or HFCS. Both cranberry and apple juice are good UTI drinks. (?what:idea:)

Have you tried cranapple? It's a mix of cranberry and apple juice. Old Orchard is my favorite- no added sugars or HFCS. Both cranberry and apple juice are good UTI drinks. (?what:idea:)

While we wait on the WW tally... I've had cranapple in the past (meh). But, I'm a fan of Ocean Spray's cranblueberry (or at least was - do they still make it?). Don't think I've ever seen Old Orchard juice. I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!

My favorite is when you have a male doctor and you tell them that blah blah blah pretty sure I have a UTI and I've taken Azo ect. They do the test and they come in and are like well we cant tell you may have a UTI or possibly an STD and all that jazz. As a women when hes discussing this I just want to ring his neck. I have a UTI damnit I need to pee ever 5 minutes Abx NOW please!

My favorite is when you have a male doctor and you tell them that blah blah blah pretty sure I have a UTI and I've taken Azo ect. They do the test and they come in and are like well we cant tell you may have a UTI or possibly an STD and all that jazz. As a women when hes discussing this I just want to ring his neck. I have a UTI damnit I need to pee ever 5 minutes Abx NOW please!

OMG yeeeees. I'm usually pretty calm and patient with my docs but I get really, really pissy (no pun intended) if they give even a hint of denying me my cipro when I have a UTI. I guess I'm the only one who isn't an azo fan. The OTC strength doesn't do anything for me and the one time I got it from the pharmacy I was left nauseous and vomiting. Being a girl is lame sometimes. :rolleyes:

my rant on valentine's day is that once again i hate to admit that i hate being alone and single on valentine's day!!!! if i see one more facebook status update/picture/whatever about how wonderful one's SO is with all the flowers/chocolate/dinner/candles they got from them i'm gonna punch someone in the face.

LAMEEEEE

I have to rant about this. I'm tired of my boyfriend and his ex girlfriend telling each other 'I love you'. I don't care if they are 'best friends'. I'm also tired of her calling him late at night to bitch and complain about her life. It's not cool anymore. And we've all been over this so many times, and it just keeps on going...:bang::boom:

my rant on valentine's day is that once again i hate to admit that i hate being alone and single on valentine's day!!!! if i see one more facebook status update/picture/whatever about how wonderful one's SO is with all the flowers/chocolate/dinner/candles they got from them i'm gonna punch someone in the face.

LAMEEEEE

:thumbup::thumbup:

I went to walmart and it made me feel slightly better. This was around 9 pm
Half dozen guys fighting over the last sickly looking bouquets.
And a couple in the veggie aisle arguing about their sex life .Loudly.
"Well I wanted to have sex with you every day this week and you said no."
"I want to now! It's valentine's day, honey!"
"Too late."
Right by the potatoes. It made me snort-giggle

I'm just looking forward to chocolate going on sale after this.

I have to rant about this. I'm tired of my boyfriend and his ex girlfriend telling each other 'I love you'. I don't care if they are 'best friends'. I'm also tired of her calling him late at night to bitch and complain about her life. It's not cool anymore. And we've all been over this so many times, and it just keeps on going...:bang::boom:

Oooo yikes! If that makes you uncomfortable in the least bit (which it obviously does... no one blames you lol) than he should respect that and not do it. Plain and simple, no argument needed. Sorry to hear about this... I could NOT handle that! Stand up for yourself and tell him it's enough... that does not lead to a healthy relationship.

"Too late."

:laugh: :thumbup::thumbup:
wish i was there in person so i could have laughed out loud in their faces :smuggrin:

yum chocolate -- maybe i'll treat myself to some ice cream right....sooooo tempting but must lose weight! oh the difficult decisions in life.

LAMEEEEE

Eff Valentine's Day.

Also, today was the perfect day for the girl I've been tentatively seeing for the last few weeks to decide on a policy of complete radio silence.

After about 6 excellent dates, (seemingly) mutual attraction, and a plan for a casual non-valentine's day themed date this evening... she stood me up for dinner and never called.

Why is it that every woman vocally and incessantly pines for the theoretical guy with manners, brains, a sense of humor and basic standards of decorum, but runs away screaming when he's actually in front of them? I know it will come as a surprise to forum readers here, but my real life persona is absolutely nothing like the stupid stuff I do on the internet. I'm actually a pretty decent human being.

I'm not Brad Pitt, but I'm not a mutant either. I bring flowers and I hold doors. I fit in my clothes. I don't try and get in your pants on the second date. I'm a funny son of a bitch, too.

Valentine's Day is a fantastic holiday for looking at the couples surrounding you and wondering 'Why the hell is the guy who's 40lbs overweight, with the George Costanza bald spot, the porn addiction and the video game obsession in a normal relationship and I'm home with my goddamn dogs again?"

So, to reiterate: Valentine's Day is for Assh*les.

I got sushi, shortbread cookies from Panera, and Flight of the Conchords seasons 1 and 2 on disc. We watched like 5 episodes. Love it.

Also made a 94 on the parasit lab part. Nit bid. Still mad about the ones I missed, lol.

Eff Valentine's Day.

Also, today was the perfect day for the girl I've been tentatively seeing for the last few weeks to decide on a policy of complete radio silence.

After about 6 excellent dates, (seemingly) mutual attraction, and a plan for a casual non-valentine's day themed date this evening... she stood me up for dinner and never called.

Why is it that every woman vocally and incessantly pines for the theoretical guy with manners, brains, a sense of humor and basic standards of decorum, but runs away screaming when he's actually in front of them? I know it will come as a surprise to forum readers here, but my real life persona is absolutely nothing like the stupid stuff I do on the internet. I'm actually a pretty decent human being.

I'm not Brad Pitt, but I'm not a mutant either. I bring flowers and I hold doors. I fit in my clothes. I don't try and get in your pants on the second date. I'm a funny son of a bitch, too.

Valentine's Day is a fantastic holiday for looking at the couples surrounding you and wondering 'Why the hell is the guy who's 40lbs overweight, with the George Costanza bald spot, the porn addiction and the video game obsession in a normal relationship and I'm home with my goddamn dogs again?"

dsmoody i think you expressed all my thoughts about valentine's day better than i could (except from a guy's perspective). bravo.

LAMEEEEE

I totally understand how you feel!!!! My roommate is particularly bad about going on and on and on about how wonderful her bf is for making such amazing plans for them on Valentine's Day. It's definitely not easy with FB either. :(

"Too late."

ANDDD this just made my night! Thank you cowgirla!!!! :rofl: :thumbup:

EDIT: I have to give you a big :thumbup: for your post, Dsmoody. I'm sorry about your date. Some people just don't know what they're missing.

Last edited:

Dealbreaker. Not acceptable.

Ugh, writing IEPs for my students. Where my teachers at?!

:eek: You are a SAINT, girl!

I always seem to forget you are a SPED teacher...I was a SPED aide for 2 years, so I sort of know what you're going through. My husband and I stopped asking each other about how work was at the end of the day, because he would just get pissed off (he was a HS science teacher) and I would get depressed and/or cry!

Oh yeah, and eff V-Day. I kinda hope all the saps can now refer to it as VD Day. :smuggrin:

My husband has NEVER done anything on Valentine's Day. He doesn't believe in it cuz "it's just another stupid Hallmark holiday." I can see where he's coming from, but he's not the romantic type any other day of the year, either.

My (female) CO-WORKER sent me flowers at work when I got accepted at Mizzou. The hubby? Jack ****. Thanks, hon! :mad:

Oh well. It's a small complaint given what many other people on here have going on.

Yeah man, that was my gut reaction, too.

How long is "best friends" going to be good enough for her? Sounds like she's still hanging on, and he's not that enthusiastic about encouraging her to move on.

DSM, stop being so serious and grumpy. You can be my valentine.

I'm sorry DSM. My roommate is like that, "I want a NICE guy with a sense of HUMOR." Men with the aforementioned qualities come along and then it's "Oh. I just don't feel a SPARK. No thanks. I want something MORE." Well she's alone this valentine's day just like last 3 I've known her for. oh well, right? Sorry about the fickle hoebag. She's a poor representation of the female gender. I hope you find someone deserving. :)

Awww sunnex. Sending you V day hugs. :love:

Nordicat, hubby needs to step up to the plate and buy into this "hallmark holiday" for your sake. Happy V day from me to you. :love:

"Too late."

How far were they from the carrots and cucumbers?

soooo not cool, or appropriate, in ANY circumstance. totally agree with twelvetigers. he need to cut it loose!

Wow! He should NOT being saying, "I love you" to this person and referring to her as his best friend. You should be the only one he says that to (except maybe his mother on Mothers' Day), and you should be his best friend. It sounds like he has "unfinished business/feelings" for her (which, by the way will never go away if he keeps up the contact with her). It also seems that one woman in his life is not enough, that he's insecure enough to want the love and constant attention from outside your relationship. As others have said, "deal breaker!"

Eff Valentine's Day.
I'm totally an assh*le then. I had a lovely 25th birthday yesterday (DMD I guess that means I am 1/4 as awesome as AZ?)

Aww, but I like your internet persona! Women are stuck in a loop in which they are told to pine for the qualities you listed, but are then bombarded with images and stories sensationalizing and fetishizing "bad boys" and the "thrill" we are supposed to experience in the first 5 minutes of meeting someone. I think the whole "must have spark now/love at first sight" thing is what causes guy's like you with the measured, not all about sex approach to be overlooked. It's a damn shame too.

As to the balding porn-addicted dudes, I can't get inside the girls heads to understand what made them stay. I will however once again rail against media's promotion of that type of relationship. Case and point: "King of Queens" heavyweight dude and his smokin' hot wife who puts up with him, all for the sake of comedy TV.

+1000 If he did not stop doing it the first time you mentioned it, that's pretty much it.

I didn't wanna be with my current bf because I liked someone that seemed more exciting and "bad." he was terrible. I am so thankful that the other guy stuck around and tried again, because I am absolutely in love with the "good" guy. I wish I would have realized that in the beginning, but better late than never. :)

Bad guys are there for a short thrill. It's the good ones that are worth staying with for a long time.

Oh yeah, and eff V-Day. I kinda hope all the saps can now refer to it as VD Day. :smuggrin:

My husband has NEVER done anything on Valentine's Day. He doesn't believe in it cuz "it's just another stupid Hallmark holiday." I can see where he's coming from, but he's not the romantic type any other day of the year, either.

My (female) CO-WORKER sent me flowers at work when I got accepted at Mizzou. The hubby? Jack ****. Thanks, hon! :mad:

Oh well. It's a small complaint given what many other people on here have going on.

Every holiday is just "made up" by humans (christmas, 4th of July, Mother's Day...), not just Valentine's Day. Hallmark simply makes money off of theses holidays (as many other companies do). That doesn't mean it's okay to ignore cultural mores and folkways of observing these occasions when others expect it. I find it sad not to take advantage of these occasions to celebrate and make the ones we love feel happy and special.

As to the balding porn-addicted dudes, I can't get inside the girls heads to understand what made them stay. I will however once again rail against media's promotion of that type of relationship. Case and point: "King of Queens" heavyweight dude and his smokin' hot wife who puts up with him, all for the sake of comedy TV

Or maybe they love the balding, overweight, video game obsessed dude? :shrug: You have no idea from a glance what other personality traits they have that are more positive than their perhaps slovenly appearance. I understand being bummed on Valentine's, but try not to be tooooo shallow.

How far were they from the carrots and cucumbers?
:laugh: