RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh. I'm sorry. :(

And news about the other situation?

meeting in a week.

I'm just getting burnt out from the stupid.

I was supposed to go to the wizarding world of HP tomorrow but the weather isn't cooperating at all.

And I'm really sad for all those whose grandmothers are sick.

Members don't see this ad.

2 year old cockapoo with leukemia euthanized tonight. Poor thing was so painful and weak. I just feel awful...

P.S. F*** CANCER

This is such a minor rant compared to everyone else's. I really don't feel well, vomiting, and I am all alone. :cry: I don't have anyone to go get me grape juice popsicles.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is such a minor rant compared to everyone else's. I really don't feel well, vomiting, and I am all alone. :cry: I don't have anyone to go get me grape juice popsicles.

Aww I hope you feel better ASAP!

Being sick, alone or not, just plain sucks :thumbdown: Hope you feel better soon! Try a cold washcloth on your forehead/back of neck, and remember, only sip liquid, or it may all come back up.

2 year old cockapoo with leukemia euthanized tonight. Poor thing was so painful and weak. I just feel awful...

P.S. F*** CANCER

my best friend's parents just euthanized their 5 yr old spaniel b/c of osteosarcoma that disintegrated her spinal column. i agree with your sentiments towards cancer :(

You need to live in NC... so many nights you've mentioned wanting something I could easily provide while I'm just sitting on the internet, dicking around. Watch horrible tv and eat some chicken noodle soup (slowly!) That's my cure-all.

You need to live in NC... so many nights you've mentioned wanting something I could easily provide while I'm just sitting on the internet, dicking around. Watch horrible tv and eat some chicken noodle soup (slowly!) That's my cure-all.

That would be awesome if only :oops: Watching Franklin and Bash sipping lifewater. :lame:

**Except you have real parasites. I live in a little no-zone for parasites. I don't have my dog on flea/tick or HW meds, as about 97% of the people around here don't. (Unless I travel with her of course) Our HW cases have risen in the past years even and that's to about 1-3 positives per year or so lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Crappy week. I'm over-stressed because I'm trying to do 6 or 7 things at once to make my application better. I have some sort of respiratory illness and am now on steroids and antibiotics. I also have some sort of GI upset. Fever off and on since Sunday. Tired all the time. Two exams on the same day next week. Oh, and my boyfriend and I broke up last week.

Fail.

Minor Rant compared to what a few of you are going through.

My sister's dog (my sister is in the military so the dog lives with my parents) has suddenly gone deaf. It did not happen slowly either. It was like she could hear one day and the next day nothing. She gets spooked real easily now and if one of the cats walks up behind her she will snarl at them and growl. She never used to do this before. I feel bad for her because there is absolutely nothing I can do to help. :(

so remember how I was talking about these little red bumps on my forearms...well some of them are going away but there seems to be at least one new one every day. They aren't itchy, but we had a dog come in today and scrape positive for sarcoptic mange...I helped with this dog when he was hospitalized like a month ago. So now, I'm kind of freaking out that I have scabies but at the same time I think that might be completely unreasonable since they don't have the typical appearance and they aren't pruritic at all. So if it's not scabies...what is it? Is it bedbugs? I would think that they would have been affecting me before now since I haven't changed anything in my apartment since I moved in last July. Is it flea bites? I guess that's possible, I'm constantly restraining dogs with my arms and since my upper arms are covered by my scrub top, my forearms are the only part in contact with the animal. I had a vacation ruined 2 years ago by ringworm and I have been washing my arms to no end lately to prevent that from happening again and I'm kind of terrified that I'm going to have sonething really gross and contagious that's going to make my dad ask me not to come.
Thought about doing a skin scraping on yourself? Do you have access to a microscope?

Minor Rant compared to what a few of you are going through.

My sister's dog (my sister is in the military so the dog lives with my parents) has suddenly gone deaf. It did not happen slowly either. It was like she could hear one day and the next day nothing. She gets spooked real easily now and if one of the cats walks up behind her she will snarl at them and growl. She never used to do this before. I feel bad for her because there is absolutely nothing I can do to help. :(
That is freaky. What are they thinking, some kind of sudden onset arteritis?

Being sick without someone to take care of you is the absolute worst. I like to think of myself as an "adult" these days :rolleyes:, but it's amazing how having your mom hold your hair back can make a world of difference. Feel better soon!

So, yesterday I laid out by the pool for about an hour and a half, no sunscreen, and got completely burned! It's the kind where you don't want to wear clothes or do anything cuz it's just too painful. Including super cute raccoon eyes from my sunglasses. The weird thing is that I laid out for over 2 hours about a week ago and hardly got a few freckles out of it. That's usually how it goes for me; lay out for a few hours, nothing to show for it. So it kindof took me by surprise when I got burnt. On the plus side though, I used some sun burn gel with aloe and lidocaine and I feel much better. And I was able to work some makeup magic and hide my raccoon eyes reasonably well :laugh:

Being sick without someone to take care of you is the absolute worst. I like to think of myself as an "adult" these days :rolleyes:, but it's amazing how having your mom hold your hair back can make a world of difference. Feel better soon!

:laugh: You just made me feel so old!!! I just got out of a 10 year relationship

So, yesterday I laid out by the pool for about an hour and a half, no sunscreen, and got completely burned!

An hour and a half? Would have taken me about 20 minutes. I barely walk out of the house in the summer without sunscreen on - unless we're bathed in a typical Atlantic Canada fog bank where I'm not sure the sun actually exists.

Finding affordable pet-friendly housing in Charlottetown is proving to be quite the challenge. My options appear to be Brown's Court (which is mostly students so probably noisy) or having my dad purchase a house and renting it from him with 3 other students. The second option isn't too bad if I could find quiet, sane people who, combined, don't own more than 2 pets. I have 2 cats and I feel more than 4 pets with 4 people would be too crowded.

This is not how I dreamed it would be. My boyfriend was supposed to accompany me to the island but refused to take a job there because it wasn't his dream job. We were going to purchase a starter home with a yard so we could get a dog. Now I won't have my house or dog and I may end up crowded with 2 cats. It is a little disappointing :(

Dear coworker,

Texting me at 7am (as my alarm is going off) to tell me that you can pick me up 45 minutes earlier than usual is a JERK MOVE. Assuming I can get a ride with someone else is a JERK MOVE. Assuming I have enough change for the bus is a JERK MOVE.

*I* can rush and be ready at 7:45 to go to work with you. My roommate, who also depends on a ride with you, does not wake up until 7:50.

When I explain to you *WHY* I would like some notice, saying "Don't argue with me. I was up until 1am bottling" (he is working on some super secret wine project for the boss who is out of town... which means he can skip out on field work, leave work early, and spend all afternoon on his computer not appearing to do anything useful).

My poor manager had a b**** fest last night. This coworker? He was never supposed to be hired! His primary reference told him that he had poor work ethic. The only reason why he got the job is because he kept emailing the PI about it and because he took a class with him (and got a D-).

He was hired because he has molecular biology experience.
I am the only other person with molecular experience.
He cannot even follow simple instructions regarding how to put together a drawer or a cabinet. AND HE WAS HIRED TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY IN THE LAB DOING DNA EXTRACTIONS. WTF. Thank goodness my lab manager saw right through that.

His primary reference told him that he had poor work ethic. The only reason why he got the job is because he kept emailing the PI about it and because he took a class with him (and got a D-).

:eyebrow::shifty: um... wow. He's a douche canoe.

I work with someone who gets paid double everyone else, had a title made up for her to "justify her salary somehow" (we're talking 90K a year here :annoyed:) and does absolutely nothing. As in, she has so little to do that she went to the director of pharmaceutical quality in our gigantic company and said "I'm bored, I have nothing to do" :whistle:. She isn't given work because all she does is screw it up. She's a huge P.I.T.A. She even went to HR the other day complaining because she couldn't take 3 weeks in a row off. Cry me a frickin river biotch! Unfortunately it is almost impossible to fire someone at my company, so we keep these dimwits around who do nothing and suck up all the salary. Another guy that works there "hates science"... WRONG industry buddy! :rolleyes:

Anyway, just thought I would share to make you feel like you aren't alone. I know you have been through WAY too much the past year, and again, I find your perserverance and dedication very admirable :love:. This will all be worth it one day, I promise! :thumbup:

dyachei's avatar made me remember that I saw a dog once named Trogdor. It made me laugh...especially since no one else in the clinic knew what it was in reference to.

On my way out the door to leave and take an exam... my proctor calls me to let me know she never recieved it :mad:. I call Ok State to see what's going on and they say it was sent the 15th. Call back the proctor "well it's not here". Neither place was willing to take a second look to see if just MAYBE something was misfiled, not sent, etc. I am beyond pissed off right now!! Then the lady at OK State says "we tell people to give us three weeks to send it but sometimes it takes longer" How the HELL can it take 3 weeks to get through the stupid mail?! I know OK mail is all screwed up but COME ON! I got a letter from them that was sent the exact same day, stating the exams were sent out and I recieved it a week ago. So I feel like it's at the library and someone is being a feckin idiot! Headed there now to seach through the damn mail myself! :mad:
:boom:

On my way out the door to leave and take an exam... my proctor calls me to let me know she never recieved it :mad:. I call Ok State to see what's going on and they say it was sent the 15th. Call back the proctor "well it's not here". Neither place was willing to take a second look to see if just MAYBE something was misfiled, not sent, etc. I am beyond pissed off right now!! Then the lady at OK State says "we tell people to give us three weeks to send it but sometimes it takes longer" How the HELL can it take 3 weeks to get through the stupid mail?! I know OK mail is all screwed up but COME ON! I got a letter from them that was sent the exact same day, stating the exams were sent out and I recieved it a week ago. So I feel like it's at the library and someone is being a feckin idiot! Headed there now to seach through the damn mail myself! :mad:

:mad::mad::mad: I would be so pissed!!!! I'm so sorry emiloo! I hope you can find it!

UGH!!!! :mad: Seriously, online classes are the worst because of that. I luckily didn't have any issues with them having my exams, but sending them back to be graded?? PLEASE. Took FOREVER to receive a freakin grade. They act like it's being sent across the globe with the processing time. Well crap, Emi, what are you gonna do now??

:annoyed: Well what a morning it's been so far! :mad:
Went down to the library and helped them search for my exam... oh wouldn't you know... IT WAS RIGHT FRICKIN THERE!!!!!!!!!!
So I'm about to take my exam and I get a call from the vet....
Dog STILLLLLLLL has a bladder infection and they want to schedule another vaginoscopy. :poke:
So now that I am all nice and stressed out from the panic of not having an exam, to thinking about how in the HELL I'm going to pay for this vaginoscopy (let's not forget, I am moving across the country in a few weeks, have to pay for gas, uhaul, 2 months rent, 2 truck payments, 2 insurance payments, a new power booster for my brakes, security deposits, possibly 2 root canals next month, and all my other bills without financial aid until September) :soexcited::eyebrow: ... I have to try and take an exam that I BARELY studied for in the first place. Just glad it's over at this point.
We are having our annual 4th of July party here on Saturday and I was planning on spending all morning tomorrow before work, cooking and cleaning to prepare for 60-70 people, and now I get to take the dog to my vet who lives 45 minutes away. No freakin clue when I'm gonna do anything for the party. I have HOURS of preparation ahead of me still. Ok, I'm gonna stop the pitty party now.
+pity+
Sorry, but that's what this thread is for :mad:

See, I feel better now :D

TLDR me, it's cool :cool:

Just had one too many donuts. I may or may not feel better now.
Don't judge my stress eating... time for a nap before work :yawn:

:annoyed: Well what a morning it's been so far! :mad:
Went down to the library and helped them search for my exam... oh wouldn't you know... IT WAS RIGHT FRICKIN THERE!!!!!!!!!!
So I'm about to take my exam and I get a call from the vet....
Dog STILLLLLLLL has a bladder infection and they want to schedule another vaginoscopy. :poke:
So now that I am all nice and stressed out from the panic of not having an exam, to thinking about how in the HELL I'm going to pay for this vaginoscopy (let's not forget, I am moving across the country in a few weeks, have to pay for gas, uhaul, 2 months rent, 2 truck payments, 2 insurance payments, a new power booster for my brakes, security deposits, possibly 2 root canals next month, and all my other bills without financial aid until September) :soexcited::eyebrow: ... I have to try and take an exam that I BARELY studied for in the first place. Just glad it's over at this point.
We are having our annual 4th of July party here on Saturday and I was planning on spending all morning tomorrow before work, cooking and cleaning to prepare for 60-70 people, and now I get to take the dog to my vet who lives 45 minutes away. No freakin clue when I'm gonna do anything for the party. I have HOURS of preparation ahead of me still. Ok, I'm gonna stop the pitty party now.
+pity+
Sorry, but that's what this thread is for :mad:

See, I feel better now :D

TLDR me, it's cool :cool:

AWWWW do you need help, Emi?? I'm willing to drive 1.5 hours to help your sorry ass. Seriously. :love:

AWWWW do you need help, Emi?? I'm willing to drive 1.5 hours to help your sorry ass. Seriously. :love:

:laugh::laugh: You're sweet, but I'll figure it out somehow. You are more than welcome to join on Saturday though! :D:hardy:
The BF has most of tomorrow off, and he's doing the yard and everything so he'll just have to suck it up and add a few more things to his honey-do list.:p But as far as food goes, he can't boil water for god's sake so the cooking is definitely up to me. Guess I'll have to wake up extra early on Saturday. It just sucks working till midnight and getting up early 3 days in a row. Oh well... so is life. Thanks though :love: And seriously, we'll be here all day Saturday if you want to join! We have a spare room and everything :D

I'm sorry, Emiloo. That sucks. Hope the pup feels better soon too.

Side Note: I like how you used devyn's word, feckin...:p

Well coworkers suck, tests suck, schools suck sick puppies definitely suck. I'm sorry everyone I love you all and I hope your day gets better!

:laugh::laugh: You're sweet, but I'll figure it out somehow. You are more than welcome to join on Saturday though! :D:hardy:
The BF has most of tomorrow off, and he's doing the yard and everything so he'll just have to suck it up and add a few more things to his honey-do list.:p But as far as food goes, he can't boil water for god's sake so the cooking is definitely up to me. Guess I'll have to wake up extra early on Saturday. It just sucks working till midnight and getting up early 3 days in a row. Oh well... so is life. Thanks though :love: And seriously, we'll be here all day Saturday if you want to join! We have a spare room and everything :D

you're the best. i will see what's up this weekend and let you know. :D

My poor kidney failure cat has worms and I found this out while petting her yesterday.

Yeah so I have to go to the vet today and pick up tons of stuff. She is fine, I will dose her and all better on that front.

Now you have another excuse to go show off your Emma Stone locks! :D

Now you have another excuse to go show off your Emma Stone locks! :D

Hahaha, there you go! Except I didn't get to shower this morning before heading off. So hair is in a french braid/bun, so can't show it off to its best advantage.

Phone calls with my grandma are getting worse and worse. She's always siding with my brother and most of our conversations are about him.

When we live together in the house, I need to be quiet before lunch because my brother works until 3 or 4 in the morning and he needs to sleep. I'm ok with that. I can do that.

But according to her, I can't blame him for not being able to sleep a couple of hours after work. He needs to stay up a bit and wind down before going to sleep. Even if it takes having loud friends over and turning up the music, so I can't sleep. I can't be mad at him for that. Even if I need to get up soon because I start work at 7. I shouldn't be so sensitive!

If I need to be quiet then he does, too! :mad:

I'm not even sure why she brought it up again and made a huge deal about it.

Phone calls with my grandma are getting worse and worse. She's always siding with my brother and most of our conversations are about him.

When we live together in the house, I need to be quiet before lunch because my brother works until 3 or 4 in the morning and he needs to sleep. I'm ok with that. I can do that.

But according to her, I can't blame him for not being able to sleep a couple of hours after work. He needs to stay up a bit and wind down before going to sleep. Even if it takes having loud friends over and turning up the music, so I can't sleep. I can't be mad at him for that. Even if I need to get up soon because I start work at 7. I shouldn't be so sensitive!

If I need to be quiet then he does, too! :mad:

I'm not even sure why she brought it up again and made a huge deal about it.

Oh that is a frustrating situation. I can't stand being woken up before my alarm goes off.

I love my old (13) Husky. But this "sorta Cushings, sorta not" crap, combined with maybe a bit of CDS, combined with (now) a large (but benign-appearing) mass on the inside of her forearm....

Sigh. All sorts of "what to do, what to do" questions with her.

Don't watch One Nation Under Dog. Just don't. I'm bawling right now.

the BF and I were scrolling through HBO and almost selected this. Good to know my suspicions were right about the sad factor!! :(:(

I've been working for nearly 14 hours, and now it's getting dark and I have to bike home. Also, the sides of the road are covered with puddles. Guess where I'm going to be riding my bike. Splash city.