RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I love my old (13) Husky. But this "sorta Cushings, sorta not" crap, combined with maybe a bit of CDS, combined with (now) a large (but benign-appearing) mass on the inside of her forearm....

Sigh. All sorts of "what to do, what to do" questions with her.

:( Hope you can get it figured out. I know the feeling. My dog has had a stinkin bladder infection for 7 years :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad.

I texted the vet who was super nasty to me last night to let her know that I wasn't going to be coming in the next day because something came up (it really didn't, but I don't want to repeat my experience with her and didn't want to go back to her). However, I decided that I would be polite and let her know.

In reply, I got a text message first that "ok maybe better later in summer or next summer doesn't seem this is going to work now." Then at 6:30 in the morning, I get another text message that "I am thinking that i will no longer be taking volunteers as the insurance is high and the return doesn't off set the amount of money it costs me. I wish u the best on ur future."

I didn't reply to either message, but I really wanted to. First of all, I don't believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that vets have to pay insurance on shadowers. In addition, she made me work at her dad's farm 2 days (eight hours a day) for 2 and a half months which I did not get paid for, and she promised in return that I could shadow her. So, its apparently ok for me to do free work for her. It can count as animal experience hours, but I could of walked to my uncle's farm to get experience with the same types of animals. To make it even worst, I know that she has other girls that are working for her dad this summer under similar pretenses, but I don't know them well enough to warn them about how nasty she is (her parents and sister are not like her at all).
:wtf:

I also think she just wants to tell people that I was "fired" as a volunteer so that it looks like I was bitter about the experience because she knows a lot of the same people that I do.

Luckily, I did find another vet to shadow in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just lost over half a bag of cat food that I just bought (expensive Blue Buffalo, big bag of food) because I was stupid. :smack:

I have been cleaning things, organizing things, and putting aside things as storage in preparation for leaving to Scotland. I have a bunch of shoes, blankets, jackets, and boxes stacked up in my closet. I also keep the cat's food in the closet on a high shelf so that she can not get to it (in hindsight probably not the best idea since I am only 5' 3" and I have to reach a little to get the bag). I went to pull down the bag of cat food tonight (like I have done many, many nights in a row) and the entire bag fell forward and all of the food spilled out into the boxes, blankets, etc that I have in the closet... :mad:

I spent the last 45 minutes slowly and carefully pulling things out of the closet and fishing pieces of cat food out of everything...

Here is the pile of cat food when the process was finished...

View attachment cat food fiasco.jpg

I just hope I got all of it cleaned up because otherwise I could end up having to deal with ants too... :thumbdown:

So remember how my lovely undergraduate institution didn't read my name when I graduated. Well, I just got my diploma and it has the wrong major on it. I have a BS in Biophysics, but it says BS in Physics. It's not really a huge deal (and frankly, kinda an upgrade the Physics requirements in Biophysics were more lax- I didn't have to take quantum or e&m), but still frustrating to no end. Like everyone has started joking that maybe I didn't actually go there. To be fair, they are sending us new diplomas and if I get to keep the messed up one it would be kinda awesome!

So remember how my lovely undergraduate institution didn't read my name when I graduated. Well, I just got my diploma and it has the wrong major on it. I have a BS in Biophysics, but it says BS in Physics. It's not really a huge deal (and frankly, kinda an upgrade the Physics requirements in Biophysics were more lax- I didn't have to take quantum or e&m), but still frustrating to no end. Like everyone has started joking that maybe I didn't actually go there. To be fair, they are sending us new diplomas and if I get to keep the messed up one it would be kinda awesome!
Your school administration may actually be more f'ed up than mine.

But if you do get to keep it, think of the stories you can tell/have two framed degrees.:laugh:

Sooooo. My work just called and said they accidentally scheduled me a knee sx release this afternoon. Seriously? I live an hour away! It's not like it's easy to just pop in! And there's no one else that can do it? Grrrrrrr

My dog Mickey was put to sleep today. I wasn't able to be there for it so even though I knew he was gone it didn't really hit me until I came home and he wasn't sleeping in my bed. I miss him so much. Everyday for the last 11 years he would be at home waiting for me and now he's just gone. I stayed up all night last night cuddling him and telling him that I loved him. My mom said it was very peaceful. She took him for breakfast and got him three ham, egg, and cheese croissants from Burger King. At the very least I know that his last couple of days he got lots of love and tons of treats. Such a spoiled puppy.

6328_1096119051189_7683265_n.jpg

My dog Mickey was put to sleep today. I wasn't able to be there for it so even though I knew he was gone it didn't really hit me until I came home and he wasn't sleeping in my bed. I miss him so much. Everyday for the last 11 years he would be at home waiting for me and now he's just gone. I stayed up all night last night cuddling him and telling him that I loved him. My mom said it was very peaceful. She took him for breakfast and got him three ham, egg, and cheese croissants from Burger King. At the very least I know that his last couple of days he got lots of love and tons of treats. Such a spoiled puppy.

What a handsome guy :love:. I'm so sorry you have to go through that strange, empty, silent period without him around, but you will always have awesome memories with him. I'm sure he is so grateful to you and your family.
*Hugs*

I'm so sorry for your loss, Hedgie...:(

I hope the good memories you made with Mickey can fill the void..

It never is easy, but it gets better over time... :hugs:

Members don't see this ad :)

He sounded like a great dog who was very lucky to have a great family.

I'm so sorry, Hedgie. He was a lucky pup to have such a loving family, that's for sure. And very handsome in his picture.

I'm so sorry to hear about your pup Hedgie.

I euthanized a technician's pet today. While that sucked in and of itself, her mom, little brother, and little sister came with her. And the mother asked me to explain to a bawling 9 year old why this was good for the pet.:(

That sucks dyachei.

Minor minor minor rant: I have heartburn but my dog is laying in my lap and she is too darn cute to move so that I can reach my TUMS.

I'm really sorry, Hedgie! I hope you feel better soon!

My rant: fighting with the bf about him leaving in a month. I don't know when I will see him again because it can take years for him to get another visa. But yet, he's planning on working the entire time until he leaves. I understand he needs money, but I still want to spend as much time as possible with him before he leaves. :(

I'm in a cheap hotel room next to the Atlanta airport, and it was 100+ today and when i.got to the room the air was OFF. Yes, not set on like.75/80. Plain off. think it was over 90 in here. I'm still wiping sweat off my forehead as the air unit works hard to cool the room down. Its been almost 2 hors and it is still blazing hot in here :mad::mad::mad:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I'm in a cheap hotel room next to the Atlanta airport, and it was 100+ today and when i.got to the room the air was OFF. Yes, not set on like.75/80. Plain off. think it was over 90 in here. I'm still wiping sweat off my forehead as the air unit works hard to cool the room down. Its been almost 2 hors and it is still blazing hot in here :mad::mad::mad:

YUCK! :thumbdown:

and
Just went to walk the dogs...almost midnight and STILL 86 degrees out with like 200% humidity. (ok.. .i exaggerate... maybe 90% humidity).

Ugh.

YUCK! :thumbdown:

Definitely one of the things I'm dreading about moving back to FL. I used to walk my dog at 5am and break a sweat in 2 seconds from the humidity.

Woke up to no power which means no ac. Apparently it could take up to 4 days to get back. The forecast high for today is only something like 100.!

Woke up to no power which means no ac. Apparently it could take up to 4 days to get back. The forecast high for today is only something like 100.!

Saw that there is a massive power outage. Hope you stay cool and safe!

:thumbdown:

Our AC has been having a difficult time keeping up with the 112+ we have been having lately, I could not imagine having no AC.

I hope they get it fixed quickly for you..:xf:

I didn't read the bus schedule right last night and didn't see that the bus wouldn't go early enough to get to work this morning. Which I realized while standing at the bus stop. Had to walk to work half way (25 minutes) before a tech saw me and picked me up. Horrible. First day in the Small Animal Hospital, too. :(

Somebody told me it was 104 here while I was walking to the bus stop for 20 min. X.X

I live in Snowville USA(the bipolar state as I like to call it, such weather extremes) and it's in the 90's here, thankfully the humidity has gone down the last few days. It WAS at 70+ humidity. At least the Desert area is usually less humid.

Id rather be cold than sweat from just standing outside!

My computer, which has been plagued by heating issues, is not loving this weather.

In happier news, I set up a tray of water for my ferrets and they are thinking it's the coolest thing since sliced bread.

I hate not having Internet in the house. And probably won't get it until next weekend. :(

Accidentally scheduled a pet sitting job (where I spend the night in another city) on my one year anniversary with the bf.

He is PISSED and now I feel like the crappiest gf ever. I can't get out of it because they bought plane tickets and I *really* need the money.

Accidentally scheduled a pet sitting job (where I spend the night in another city) on my one year anniversary with the bf.

He is PISSED and now I feel like the crappiest gf ever. I can't get out of it because they bought plane tickets and I *really* need the money.

Can he come with you?

You can all just quit your bitching about the heat... I don't want to hear it.......

I will gladly trade you..I am sitting INSIDE my airconditioned house and I am sweating.

It is supposed to cool off on Wednesday and Thursday this week to 102!!! :woot: But the humidity is going to go up and we are going to have thunderstorms...

Can he come with you?

No, it is an hour away from his work and he needs to be home for the dogs. Plus, he hates stating with me places.

I will gladly trade you..I am sitting INSIDE my airconditioned house and I am sweating.

It is supposed to cool off on Wednesday and Thursday this week to 102!!! :woot: But the humidity is going to go up and we are going to have thunderstorms...

Well don't worry you will be out of it very soon.... and then you will wonder what you got yourself into :laugh:

I love Ireland, but sometimes I just want my LA weather :nod: