RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And the codependent part. She wouldn't even sit in our kitchen and eat dinner by herself. She yells at our other roommate to come sit with her. They sit and keep each other company while they POOP.
NO. THANK. YOU.)

Hahahahaha. I am definitely with you on that one!!! I just do not think you have really experienced college unless you go through one really bad roommate situation. I'm sorry for all the drama though! Girl drama can make life so difficult. I mean guys for the most part yell about it, hash it out, and then they watch the game together, while mean girls for the most part have to take it to a whole other level.

Members don't see this ad.

AUillinoisan, that's awful about the dog! Are you sure there isn't anything you can do, short of going to court? Maybe if you threaten to go to court, she'll cave? And wow, she sounds crazy. I'm sorry you had to go through that!

Members don't see this ad :)
OO roommate stories!! lol this will be fun. Here's mine!!

I walked into our bathroom and it looks like a horror scene. literally. RED everywhere. and i'm thinking, holy shi**tttt someone get murdered in here or what?? flashes of what this could possibly be ran through my head. There is red on the toilet, the floor, the sink, the shower, the mirror, the trashcan, the door!!!

I have 4 roommates but only share the bathroom with 1. So i asked the others of my one roommate is ok and they are like yea she is fine she just went out. So finally, my roommate comes back and i'm like what the heck happened in there?!?!?!? she then begins to explain how she tried to dye her hair red for the first time, and for some reason got out of the shower before she was supposed to and red dye got EVERYWHERE. sighhh, very unique roommate story though! lol

AUillinoisan, that's awful about the dog! Are you sure there isn't anything you can do, short of going to court? Maybe if you threaten to go to court, she'll cave? And wow, she sounds crazy. I'm sorry you had to go through that!

Unfortunately, no. I called the police where she lives and they kept trying to convince me it was like divorcing parents, therefore a civil matter and they won't enforce it. Even though a dog is legally property and my name and phone number are on his microchip, not hers... It sucks. But that is really the only thing that upsets me about the whole situation anymore.

But hey, karma's a b****, right? :) Got that to look forward to!

I once woke up to the roomie snorting cocaine. In a dorm. Good times.

Unfortunately, no. I called the police where she lives and they kept trying to convince me it was like divorcing parents, therefore a civil matter and they won't enforce it. Even though a dog is legally property and my name and phone number are on his microchip, not hers... It sucks. But that is really the only thing that upsets me about the whole situation anymore.

So...how about going to steal the dog back? Hiding it somewhere until she gives up. Obviously if the police won't get involved, then she is **** out of luck. Possession is 9/10 of the law. ;)

If you adopted the dog from the shelter, don't they make you sign papers saying it yours and you must take care of it? Tell the cops she stole the dog. Essentially she did!

So...how about going to steal the dog back? Hiding it somewhere until she gives up. Obviously if the police won't get involved, then she is **** out of luck. Possession is 9/10 of the law. ;)

hahaha oh I've thought about it! I've mostly settled on trying not to sink to her level, even though I really want my poor dog back.

She stopped taking care of him this spring semester, and would just leave for the weekend and not say anything and leave him here, which made me more than happy! She was gone! but then wanted to claim he was hers... and when I confronted her about the fact that she didn't spend any time with him or take care of him her response was " I haven't been around him because I don't want to be around YOU!" She's a peach, really. But her mom loves the dog enough to make up for her lack of caring and I don't think she'll bring the dog back to school this next year because she really doesn't want the responsibility, she just wants the idea of the dog.

It's a really awkward mix of trying to take the high road but still thinking the dog is worth it.

amom427 said:
If you adopted the dog from the shelter, don't they make you sign papers saying it yours and you must take care of it? Tell the cops she stole the dog. Essentially she did!

They just won't get involved at all, which sucks because yes I did have to sign those papers! Any cruelty charges relating to him will legally fall on me, even though they won't let me take him back. We're in the south, and not to generalize or offend anyone but their animal protection laws(or maybe I should say their enforcement) pretty much suck (side story: last year my neighbor had this really sweet puppy, and one day I went out at the same time as them and noticed that her tail looked weird. Upon closer inspection I realized that he had tied a rubber band around it too tight in an attempt to dock her tail and it had mostly fallen off, but was hanging by a thread. She was 4mos old. I called the police and they said they couldn't do anything except 'advise him on how to raise his dog." I was OUTRAGED. Animal cruelty IS a misdemeanor and felony offense here in wonderful Alabama)

Last edited:
found a job, found a house to rent, working on finishing my fellowship and then find out that the house flooded this past week.:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is he taking up a bedroom in the house or is he sharing with your current roommate. If it is the latter good luck getting rent from him. Although I think he should contribute some to the household in the form of rent, they will most likely see it as he isn't an actual roommate just shacking up. I would stand firm on the utilities. Since he is leaving with you guys, he must have increased your energy and water consumption. I would just approach your current roommate first, and explain your situation and why you feel he should contribute to rent as well as state that he has to start contributing to utility bills since they have increased. Good Luck!

Try before you buy, people.

So it's been a while since I've been here, I guess. I'm so happy for you guys that are entering vet school this fall! That's amazing. :)

This quarter has been a wreck...house flooded, orthodontist killed himself, one of my friend's husband almost killed her and she's in the hospital, and so my grades plummeted (this is kind of rather here nor there). Oh, and I picked up a full-time job (night shift) the week before finals.

Due to all of this, I had decided on nursing because it'd be something I could complete quickly and be done with it. I could make money that way. Did I mention the job I picked up was as a nursing assistant? It took a week and I swore off nursing for good. I know I ramble a lot, and that's mostly what this is...

But to the people out there that come here and boast how they know veterinary work is for them because their aunt's sister's cousin's daughter's grandmother's grand-daughter's friend is a vet-tech...well, basically having no hands-on experience themselves....try it before you buy it.

For me, I'm going to look into getting a kennel tech job at least part-time and gathering experience to either apply straight to vet school or learn that I don't like it. At least at that point I've tried, right? I'll be taking the summer off from school, I think, and hopefully retaining my four-year university acceptance (depends on whether or not my cGPA "dropped too much" for them).

Basically...I have a long road to go to undo GPA damage. This last quarter sank my sGPA quite a bit (tons), not just my cGPA (a bit). Anyways...I know I ramble, and especially since I can't really ask for advice since I don't know where I'll be in the fall.

I'm also considering vet-tech school and working as a tech for a few years before applying. Not sure yet.

Sorry for rambling, guys...going to try and 4.0 grades no matter where I end up. Definitely know at this point I'm going to have to apply very, very broadly. Least I have a job now, despite it not having any relationship with veterinary medicine it's still work, life experience (albeit bitey, catty, bitchy coworkers make it a bad life experience - is that less common in the veterinary world?).

Okay, done now. I plan to start looking for a job this summer as soon as I can. Even shadowing...though it'd probably have to be an emergency clinic since I sleep during the day until the mid-afternoon.

:laugh: I sound like such a fool. /endrant.

lizinwonderland:

If he uses any common living space (any bathrooms, kitchen, living room, garage, yard, etc) he should be paying some portion of the rent, and you should definitely call him on it. You shouldn't necessarily split it up 3 ways since they're sharing a room, but to have 2 people in the one room they should be paying more than an even split with you - they aren't paying rent JUST for that room but for the common areas as well, and also any included utilities (water, sewer, trash, etc..) and if there are 2 of them they're taking up more space and time in those common areas than one person.

The way we worked it out when I lived with an ex of mine in FL in a 3 bedroom house with 2 other roommates (rent was $1350 - I miss Orlando cost of living!) was that we took the master bedroom/bath and paid $550 total and the other two roommates split the other $650. Essentially we said our room was worth about $225 more than each of theirs accounting for the fact that we would all share kitchen/living room/dining room/yard/garage but we had to share a room when they each got their own, so we still paid less per person.

Sorry if that's confusing, but you probably need to draw a line in the sand for this. It's absolutely unquestionable that the bf should be paying some part of utilities, but IMO he should also be paying some share of the rent. If they are disagreeing about this you could always bring up any conditions in the lease about guests and adding people to the lease and see where that gets you..

I really agree with Nyanko (btw if that is your dog in your avi, he/she is adorable!) on this one. Especially if he is using your dishes or cookware in the kitchen, or using your sofa or TV in the living. I really hope this goes smoothly for you, but prepare with a decent argument. You are totally in the right here, but I think a lot of people have this sense of entitlement that makes situation like this difficult!

$1350 for a 3 bedroom house? Woah. I pay $1150 for a studio apartment and that's actually pretty good for the city!

and wow, $1350 for 3 bedrooms?? i guess dirt cheap accommdation is the only upside to living in northeast ohio!

haha actually I was saying that was cheap compared to out here in Davis. The 2 bedroom tiny little duplex I lived in before where I live now was $1350 and going up to $1400 in September.

After narrowly averting a complete and utter blowup and DISASTER OF DRAMA between associate Dr and one of our awesome clients over a kitten from the rescue group she is in charge of, I have a completely pathetic scruffy ball of said kitten in my office. The poor thing is dehydrated from all the V/D, TEENY at not even 2lbs at 7 weeks old, and just sad. I am feeding him every 3 or 4 hours. I'm going to be so mad if he dies on me.

I am also dogsitting. This means I have to be in two places at one time. So I'm driving back and forth. Every 3-4 hours. As you might imagine, this is not conducive to my sleep patterns.

To top it off, my paycheck this week was completely messed up. Of course, our office manager didn't come in today, so I have to wait until Monday to get it fixed. Which means things like paying rent and buying groceries mostly has to wait. And the dogsitting people? Only left me half of what they owe me. *stabbity* :bang:

I MIGHT be a little overtired and stressed. Ahem.

I'm in Saskatoon right now, looking for an apartment, and it's horrible. I know it's just a shock and I'm overwhelmed and scared from not having lived anywhere but Calgary, but I'm so unhappy right now.

At first I got excited because in a little over a month, I will have an apartment here and will live here and will be starting a new life, kind of. Now, not so much. A smaller city doesn't mean less traffic congestion. The drivers are also just as bad, if not worse, than Calgary drivers (and Calgary drivers are baaaaaad). I don't know my way around and I don't know where anything is, it's like I am constantly lost. It's really humid and there are tons of mosquitos EVERYWHERE (it seems like there are more here than in Calgary but who knows), and the gas is WAY more expensive. Seriously, 101.9 cents a litre?! Calgary spent the last week at 88.9/89.9, and when it jumped up suddenly to 92.9 yesterday, I thought THAT was expensive!

I know I'm lucky to get into vet school, and I'm choosing this school over Calgary's and that there is a great program here, and it'll be different once I get used to the city and actually live here, but I really, really miss home. I miss roads that I know, with a road system that makes sense (what the hell is with these lettered avenues?!), and I want to see my boyfriend and my cats. My mom and I were supposed to stay here until Monday, but we're both really hoping that we can find a good apartment tomorrow and just go home then.

Man, seeing all of these housing prices makes me really happy to be from Oklahoma. My mortgage for a 3-bedroom house is $600.

$1850 for a 2br apt. Yay Cali?

I also smushed my car yesterday running into an angry old lady with no tail lights in rush hour traffic. I was thinking about this gd cat at work and didn't notice her lightless car slowing. Of course since it's a rear end, I pay, even with her no lights. Awesome. More money I don't have. I try to be cool on these things and take them as they come, so I just said I'd have my insurance contact hers and she should really get her lights fixed so no one else would hit her so she could stay safe, and she went nuts on me. Old bitch. Thank god for geico.

$1350 for a three bedroom house? Woah. My mortgage is only $820 on my three bedroom house. :hungover:
That's what I was thinking. I've got 1900 sq ft plus 2 car garage on half an acre and the mortgage is 1090 including taxes. The plus side: it jumped in value $30K since buying it in '06. Hate to sell it if I get into school, and definitely won't be buying near Raleigh. The housing market near Ft. Bragg is skyrocketing due to BRAC.

I have a one bedroom apartment, heat and lights included for $495 a month :p

I'm in Boston, just slightly outside of actual downtown. Our really crappy falling apart ghetto 2 "bedroom" (one definitely used to be the dining room but whatever) apartment is $1750/mo. Hate this place but it was all we could afford that was close to school!

haha, yep... my teeny tiny 2 br 1 bath apt in cambridge was $2100/mon + all utilities in not the hippest of neighborhoods. my roommate moved out to a studio closer to harvard, and she's paying $1350/month all because that's the only decent place she could find that allowed any pets.

I'm just going to jump in and say that my biggest rant right now is having to sell my horse because I'm going to college in the fall.

I grew up in Manila, Philippines, where I spent the first 15 years of my life; now my Dad's job requires him to be reassigned to different countries every 4-6 years or so. We're about one or two years away from finishing our first assignment in Bangkok, Thailand. The thing is, when I moved I was extremely involved with horseback riding in Manila. I would help out at the stables, help organize local shows, exercise horses, etc - I was a few months away from teaching for the first time. Then I had to move.

The consolation was that I got to bring my horse with me, which was amazing in itself - it was really expensive and also a little risky because there was air travel and land travel involved in a country we knew nothing about. But things went fine and he's with me now. We still compete, it sucks that I can't even understand the announcer when my name is called because no one here ever speaks English at all, but I'm extremely grateful that I got to have him while I finished high school.

The bad part, however, is that there is no way I can bring him to the U.S. for college, and he's too expensive to keep without me there, so I'm going to have to sell him. We tried to find clients back in Manila, because that is the only country I'm sure about going back to - since it's my home our family tries to go back there for Christmas. But we can't find any because most people would rather buy some random young horse that has great potential but of course will buck off their beginner jumping kids etc. Most of the teachers would rather import their horses from Europe, which I completely understand, but not for kids who are just starting to compete and aren't sure they'll be devoted to the sport for more years anyway. Why not get a sure thing from nearer by who is not only very simple to ride but a champion who wins or places in almost every single show I've joined, as long as I don't fall off? He has taken me so far and I was actually really excited to share his amazing talent with some kid that was me a few years ago.

But since no one back home will take him we have to sell him here. Okay, it sounds spoiled of me, but I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THIS. First of all, there are many more riding clubs here than in Manila, so we can't keep track of all the teachers and whether they treat their horses well. Most of the showjumpers here like to push their horses so that they wear out in half the number of years they're supposed to. Some people don't even know how to teach their kids, I don't know where the hell they learned to ride but bolting at the jumps around a course is not the way to do the jumpers. I am incredibly scared that my horse will end up with some owner that doesn't realize how special he is and will just run him into the ground. He has joint problems that need supplements and how do we know they'll be taken care of the same way?!

Plus, most of the stables have much worse facilities than the one I'm boarding at, but none of the students at my stable here want to buy him. What if he ends up in some crappy city riding stable (not that all stables in the city are crappy, but I know the ones here are) in a tiny stall with a tiny paddock sometimes and bad ventilation?

The worst part is that since my Dad is going to be reassigned in a couple of years I have no idea if I would ever, ever see him again if I sold him here in Bangkok. That might be the biggest reason why I want him back home - I know at least that I will always return here. Selling Jacko to someone who doesn't even speak my language and who might not keep in touch with me and who I might never see again in my life is so terrifying.

I keep having these bad bad thoughts about him being overridden and overcompeted (if that's even a word) by some kid who didn't get taught right, and then he'll stop winning because he can't tolerate people riding him stupidly, and then they'll sell him and he'll get passed on from person to person until he ends up jumping crossbar classes with a kid who pulls on his mouth. I don't know what to do. Even if we find a good owner here there's the possibility that when he changes hands again after that the whole downhill slide will start from there. So finding one good owner doesn't guarantee that all of his owners will be the same.

It's not an irrational fear either. Some weeks ago I was sitting with my coach at a riding show and we were watching the little kids' classes, around 2'. Some kid went into the ring with a skinny bay horse that jerked its head up and down a lot and refused two jumps, getting his rider eliminated. My coach turned to me and said, "That horse used to be on the national team here. Can you believe it?" I think the scary thoughts started from that day onward.

:( :( :( It was good to get all of that out since I don't think people here really know how scared I am. But I'm also more scared now that I'm actively thinking about it, haha.

I'm just going to jump in and say that my biggest rant right now is having to sell my horse because I'm going to college in the fall.

I grew up in Manila, Philippines, where I spent the first 15 years of my life; now my Dad's job requires him to be reassigned to different countries every 4-6 years or so. We're about one or two years away from finishing our first assignment in Bangkok, Thailand. The thing is, when I moved I was extremely involved with horseback riding in Manila. I would help out at the stables, help organize local shows, exercise horses, etc - I was a few months away from teaching for the first time. Then I had to move.

The consolation was that I got to bring my horse with me, which was amazing in itself - it was really expensive and also a little risky because there was air travel and land travel involved in a country we knew nothing about. But things went fine and he's with me now. We still compete, it sucks that I can't even understand the announcer when my name is called because no one here ever speaks English at all, but I'm extremely grateful that I got to have him while I finished high school.

The bad part, however, is that there is no way I can bring him to the U.S. for college, and he's too expensive to keep without me there, so I'm going to have to sell him. We tried to find clients back in Manila, because that is the only country I'm sure about going back to - since it's my home our family tries to go back there for Christmas. But we can't find any because most people would rather buy some random young horse that has great potential but of course will buck off their beginner jumping kids etc. Most of the teachers would rather import their horses from Europe, which I completely understand, but not for kids who are just starting to compete and aren't sure they'll be devoted to the sport for more years anyway. Why not get a sure thing from nearer by who is not only very simple to ride but a champion who wins or places in almost every single show I've joined, as long as I don't fall off? He has taken me so far and I was actually really excited to share his amazing talent with some kid that was me a few years ago.

But since no one back home will take him we have to sell him here. Okay, it sounds spoiled of me, but I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THIS. First of all, there are many more riding clubs here than in Manila, so we can't keep track of all the teachers and whether they treat their horses well. Most of the showjumpers here like to push their horses so that they wear out in half the number of years they're supposed to. Some people don't even know how to teach their kids, I don't know where the hell they learned to ride but bolting at the jumps around a course is not the way to do the jumpers. I am incredibly scared that my horse will end up with some owner that doesn't realize how special he is and will just run him into the ground. He has joint problems that need supplements and how do we know they'll be taken care of the same way?!

Plus, most of the stables have much worse facilities than the one I'm boarding at, but none of the students at my stable here want to buy him. What if he ends up in some crappy city riding stable (not that all stables in the city are crappy, but I know the ones here are) in a tiny stall with a tiny paddock sometimes and bad ventilation?

The worst part is that since my Dad is going to be reassigned in a couple of years I have no idea if I would ever, ever see him again if I sold him here in Bangkok. That might be the biggest reason why I want him back home - I know at least that I will always return here. Selling Jacko to someone who doesn't even speak my language and who might not keep in touch with me and who I might never see again in my life is so terrifying.

I keep having these bad bad thoughts about him being overridden and overcompeted (if that's even a word) by some kid who didn't get taught right, and then he'll stop winning because he can't tolerate people riding him stupidly, and then they'll sell him and he'll get passed on from person to person until he ends up jumping crossbar classes with a kid who pulls on his mouth. I don't know what to do. Even if we find a good owner here there's the possibility that when he changes hands again after that the whole downhill slide will start from there. So finding one good owner doesn't guarantee that all of his owners will be the same.

It's not an irrational fear either. Some weeks ago I was sitting with my coach at a riding show and we were watching the little kids' classes, around 2'. Some kid went into the ring with a skinny bay horse that jerked its head up and down a lot and refused two jumps, getting his rider eliminated. My coach turned to me and said, "That horse used to be on the national team here. Can you believe it?" I think the scary thoughts started from that day onward.

:( :( :( It was good to get all of that out since I don't think people here really know how scared I am. But I'm also more scared now that I'm actively thinking about it, haha.

Awwww I'm so sorry, that must be awful. :( I hope you find a nice home for him. Could you maybe try to sell him in the USA, or is transporting him here at all just impossible?

Bluesails, I am so sorry for the position that you are currently in. I can only imagine how difficult of a situation this is for you. I hope that you find the right home for your beloved horse!!! And once again, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this!

I don't know if this is really a rant, but....

I'm conflicted if I should feel sorry for or happy about a former acquaintance losing her job. She's had two jobs in her 23 years of existence. The first she lost for dressing provocatively, insubordination, and suspicion of theft. This time I can only imagine what she did to get fired from a video store (a supposedly lax work environment by her own admission). :smuggrin:

I suppose it's karma... but I don't really believe that. I believe in the power of people. When you insult, disrespect, or otherwise offend those who have power over you in the workplace, you kind of sign your own pink slip.

I'm grumpy that I get more hands on involvement and learning experiences shadowing vets for half-days than working for pay at the clinic who hired me 1.5 years ago. :( I should probably just be happy I have a clinic job and get the opportunity to shadow some wonderful vets, but sometimes it seems a little weird that I touch more animals in a shadowing environment than as an assistant in a clinic.

I think i'd like to keep my rent $ a secret since so many people know who i am. i don't want to be judged lol lets just say i'm so glad my bf is splitting it 50/50 with me because the city is a lot (maybe i should put this in the RAVE thread lol). i havent heard of one person who is paying the same price as us, maybe we have high standards? but i love it here, and most importantly, i feel safe!!! I guess this is the down side of going to school in the city vs. farms haha

I'm grumpy that I get more hands on involvement and learning experiences shadowing vets for half-days than working for pay at the clinic who hired me 1.5 years ago. :( I should probably just be happy I have a clinic job and get the opportunity to shadow some wonderful vets, but sometimes it seems a little weird that I touch more animals in a shadowing environment than as an assistant in a clinic.

Breenie, I know exactly what you mean. I interned (for free) at a rehab facility a few years ago and did everything from drawing blood and giving IM and IV injections to wrapping legs and hand walking spastic thoroughbreds. The last few equine vets I've worked with have had me lugging the ultrasound machine and scrubbing surgical instruments and I got excited if I got to temp a horse. On the one hand you know you ought to be grateful to have a clinic position, but on the other you can't help but feel that they're wasting your skills and you could be learning so much more.

i don't want to come off as a jerk, but i'm REALLY broke right now, especially since i'm moving across the pond for vet school soon and i really want him to contribute! anyone have any ideas for a tactful way to address the situation??

well your roomie's a freaking jerk for not offering to pay for his share, so don't worry about coming off as a jerk. i was sharing a 2 br with 3 people where my ex and i were sharing the master bedroom. to make it fair, we said that the two of us would collectively pay half way in between 1/2 and 1/3 of the rent. that worked out well for everyone.

My room mate and I have a tiny budget so we decided to just forgo convenience (neither of us have cars so it's gonna suck) and are moving out further to Medford. We currently live in Allston (but near the projects, not where most of the college students live)... there are crazy/drunk people out all the time, I have literally been spat at by some weird old woman on her stoop walking home before, etc. It's also not particularly safe - my door has definitely been kicked down before, and our front lobby window has multiple cracks in it from people destroying the place. There was blood in our stairwell once after a particularly ..."rambunctious"... group of people upstairs got into a fight. Yay.

wow... that's rough :eek:. i did end up in the end with a tiny but moderately cushy apt, but the amount i ended up paying was $650/month because i shared my bedroom with a douchebag ex who probably cheated on me 4-5 times in the year that we were living together and still dating. i ended up living another year with the sob before i could get out of there because of the ridiculous cost of living up here (as you painfully know). relatively safe area, but the living situation sucked!

The poor thing is dehydrated from all the V/D, TEENY at not even 2lbs at 7 weeks old, and just sad. I am feeding him every 3 or 4 hours. I'm going to be so mad if he dies on me.

huh... i had no idea that 2 lbs at 7 weeks old was considered teeny. i knew pampered kittens that grow up in homes are like ginormous, but i only ever had 1 litter of kitten fosters from the shelter that hit 2 lbs at 8 weeks :(. don't i feel like a lousy foster mom! in my defense though, unweaned kittens were almost always euthanized, so i got them at least after they were 4 weeks old. smallest litter was just about 1/2 lb at 5 weeks, and seriously about to die.

2# is "average" for 8 weeks...IME most are slightly smaller and hit the magic 2# mark at 9-10 weeks. Anything bigger than 1.5# at 7 weeks is normal. Healthy 7-week-old kittens are eating ravenously and crazily active and gain weight steadily. Someone who's tiny but doing all of those things is probably just going to be smallish. It's when they're sleeping excessively and not playing as much that I get worried.

The sad movie did not make you 'ball your eyes out.' you did not start 'balling' because you were sad. You BAWLED. You were BAWLING. Please. Ballin' is like flossin' - not something that white people generally participate in. Lol.

This was directed at annoying status update girl in FB, not you guys. :hungover:

The sad movie did not make you 'ball your eyes out.' you did not start 'balling' because you were sad. You BAWLED. You were BAWLING. Please. Ballin' is like flossin' - not something that white people generally participate in. Lol.

This was directed at annoying status update girl in FB, not you guys. :hungover:

ROFL. :laugh:

:love:
This. I was an english major, and spent 3 years editing for the newspaper/various websites/any paper my friends decided to hand me. I CANNOT stand this stupidity.

I just found out that a student that I taught several years ago is going to be in my entering class. I thought this might happen since I teach a subject in a related field and I figured at worst it may be a little awkward at first.

Clearly my imagination was underestimating the possible options since the student who ended up in my entering class is probably the most negative experience I had teaching.

As a nontraditional I am already anxious about getting along with my fellow classmates and now this.....:(

I just read a post (not on here) where 'advice' was spelled 'advise' and they used it over and over again. One is a noun, the other is a verb. Made reading the post quite taxing by the end. Had to have been at least 20 'advise's. Drives me absolutely up the wall.

/selfadmittedspellingnazi

And I don't even know how the crap people mix up "lose" and "loose" like that doesn't even make any sense to me????

This!

I worked at a practice where this sign was on the kennel door.

PLEASE GIVE LEASHES BACK TO THE OWNER, OTHERWISE WE WILL LOOSE THEM.

I pointed out the error and was met with blank stares. Every day for two years I had to read that sign and cringe in pain. TWO DAMN YEARS. It never seemed to bother anyone else, while I slowly went insane.

Speaking of grammar, it drives me crazy when people say "less" when they should say "fewer." Less = for things that you can't count. Less time. Less water. Fewer clocks. Fewer drinks. And then there's that Gardasil ad where the women all say "One less" over and over again.....Agh.

Speaking of grammar, it drives me crazy when people say "less" when they should say "fewer." Less = for things that you can't count. Less time. Less water. Fewer clocks. Fewer drinks. And then there's that Gardasil ad where the women all say "One less" over and over again.....Agh.

The same goes for "too much" vs. "too many"... it pisses me off SO DAMN MUCH.