RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rough day at work so I'm eating my feelings in the form of mozzarella sticks and a buffalo chicken calzone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Cheat day was a bad idea. I'm very very sick rn. at least this will deter other cheat days from happening.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lost at least two people from our class because of grades so far this semester.... :(

Have to retake my gen chem lab because I got a C- (which wasn't even listed as a possible grade on the syllabus... grrr.....). Which means i have to convince the chemistry department to let me take the lab seperate from the lecture (got a C+ in the lecture. Could have had a B- if I'd done this one puny extra credit thing. That's how close it was.) I really hate myself in case you were wondering.

A C- in a chem lab is a pretty small thing in the grand scheme of things, and definitely not worth hating yourself over. Undergrad convinces you to define yourself in terms of numbers, but we are all so much more. Chin up, it really will be okay!

Reactions: 1 users
My brother's girlfriend posted a thing on "how vaccines cause seizures" on Facebook. Her child has a rare genetic defect that causes her to have seizures. She claims it was triggered by vaccines and is out to spread "awareness." The comments from her friends are hurting my brain.

There is no fixing it. I just need to keep telling myself this. They don't want science, they want something to blame besides themselves. If I open my face, I will only get them to turn the blame my way. Right?

Lost at least two people from our class because of grades so far this semester.... :(

:(

We already lost one for personal reasons in the middle of the semester. Really hoping we don't loose any from grades, too.

It's kind of terrifying. I feel like I did fine on all my finals, and I wasn't in a position in any of them that my final would make or break me passing the class, but you never know.

My friend withdrew right before finals started. It was hard, but ultimately the right decision for her. It sucks to lose great people due to grades.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

We already lost one for personal reasons in the middle of the semester. Really hoping we don't loose any from grades, too.

It's kind of terrifying. I feel like I did fine on all my finals, and I wasn't in a position in any of them that my final would make or break me passing the class, but you never know.
I'm sorry guys, that really sucks :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Losing people is hard, but at least it has dropped in number pretty decently after we implemented tutoring owing to my class losing a total of 13 people the first year, nine first semester.
Oh wow :( glad they put things in place to try to prevent that

I need a helmet.

I opened my car door onto my forehead 2 weeks ago, left a dent in my head (literally..). Sad thing is, that is the second time I've done it since owning the car.

I hit my head on the entryway table yesterday. Yet another bruise on my forehead and a headache to go with it. It hurts to move my face.

I need a helmet.

I opened my car door onto my forehead 2 weeks ago, left a dent in my head (literally..). Sad thing is, that is the second time I've done it since owning the car.

I hit my head on the entryway table yesterday. Yet another bruise on my forehead and a headache to go with it. It hurts to move my face.
Yikes. Are you sure you're not rocking a concussion? That sounds like a hard hit.

Losing people is hard, but at least it has dropped in number pretty decently after we implemented tutoring owing to my class losing a total of 13 people the first year, nine first semester.

Well it's just two that I know of.... I think it's actually gonna end up being more than that. But yes, at least the number has dropped.

Well it's just two that I know of.... I think it's actually gonna end up being more than that. But yes, at least the number has dropped.

I feel so bad for them. We have all worked so hard to get to this point. :(:( Ashame to loose anybody.

My dog took off after some deer today and still hasn't turned up...it's been 3 hours now and it's 23F :(

Reported missing with animal control, her microchip company, I've driven around everywhere...the latter not being very effective obviously.

I'm just not sure what else I could do. I've taken every measure one takes with a lost dog. I guess I just have to wait.

My dog took off after some deer today and still hasn't turned up...it's been 3 hours now and it's 23F :(

Reported missing with animal control, her microchip company, I've driven around everywhere...the latter not being very effective obviously.

I'm just not sure what else I could do. I've taken every measure one takes with a lost dog. I guess I just have to wait.
Oh no :( I hope you find her soon

That is the worst feeling in the world, I'm so sorry. Make sure you post on Craigslist and any facebook groups that deal with pets, too. Call vets tomorrow, and make sure you actually go by the shelter in person. Maybe even enlist a friend to help you make lots of posts. I'm hoping he/she shows up again soon.

Reactions: 2 users
That is the worst feeling in the world, I'm so sorry. Make sure you post on Craigslist and any facebook groups that deal with pets, too. Call vets tomorrow, and make sure you actually go by the shelter in person. Maybe even enlist a friend to help you make lots of posts. I'm hoping he/she shows up again soon.

I posted her on a lost dog facebook page and she's gotten over 250 shares which is good. I was skeptical about craigslist, but you think it's okay to post on there?

Hopefully you find her! I'm sure she'll turn up. Does your dog have a favorite squeaky toy? If so, you can try squeaking it around where you think she may have wound up..
I bought this www.whistle.com after my hound dog with 2 brain cells ran away 4 months ago. Needless to say, we found him walking on the sidewalk (just like we taught him!!) in our neighborhood. Worst 30 minutes of my life.

Hopefully you find her! I'm sure she'll turn up. Does your dog have a favorite squeaky toy? If so, you can try squeaking it around where you think she may have wound up..
I bought this www.whistle.com after my hound dog with 2 brain cells ran away 4 months ago. Needless to say, we found him walking on the sidewalk (just like we taught him!!) in our neighborhood. Worst 30 minutes of my life.

That's such a good idea. This is the second time she's done this, unfortunately. So a tracker would be great for the future, hopefully we won't need it though...

It's been 3 hours so that's my biggest concern :( she, too, has 2 brain cells, lol...

I posted her on a lost dog facebook page and she's gotten over 250 shares which is good. I was skeptical about craigslist, but you think it's okay to post on there?

I have seen it work. I wouldn't necessarily post your phone number or address but if it were mine I'd post her photo, say she has tags/microchip/is lost, and ask people to reply by email or take her to the vet/animal control.

Warning: scary story I hope hasn't happened and I don't mean to scare you but is proof Craigslist works:
When I was working ER last year we had a stray dog that good samaritans saw be hit by a car right around 7am. They brought him in and we stabilized him. Collar but no tags, no microchip. We called the police department/animal control who basically put it on us to do what we thought we needed to do regarding euthanasia or additional medical care because they couldn't make it to us fast enough. Then literally just as we were about forced to make a tough decision for the dog (we'd done pain meds and fluids, etc but the dog needed workup to determine extent of injuries if he was going to make it), a random person calls the hospital and says he thinks the dog he was dogsitting was HBC and is at our hospital. The good samaritans saw his craigslist post, called him and said they saw a dog that looked kinda like the one in his post, and he authorized care, approved a 3k estimate, and came and identified the dog. We were shocked because we hadn't thought to check CL and the good sams were doing all that behind the scenes and it was literally just at the right minute and seemingly out of the blue. Within 90 minutes we had an owner for the dog.

Reactions: 3 users

Oh no!

If it makes you feel any better, last night I was driving home from a final and a stray dog ran out in front of me. I managed to not hit said dog and then pulled over and tracked him down and was able to call the owners. They'd been looking for him all day! My point is, I'm sure your really stressed out, but you're doing everything you can...I'm sure she'll turn up!

I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out.

Weird story from work today:

Was restraining a huge fat lab while dr got a temp... owner was standing next to where we were on the floor. Next thing I know. She reaches over and starts twirling my ponytail in her fingers and goes "wow hunny, I'm sure school taught you exactly how to hug a dog so you could do jobs like this." I didn't even know what to say.

You can bet the dr and I got out of that room as quickly as possible.

This is my nightmare. I hope you find her soon. Definitely GO to local shelters daily. I knew a woman whose old lumpy, blind, diabetic cocker ran off and she called the local SPCA every day and they kept telling her they didn't have a dog that matched her dog's description. One day she went in and there he was. He arrived there within a few hours of going missing and had been there almost a week at that point.

Was restraining a huge fat lab while dr got a temp... owner was standing next to where we were on the floor. Next thing I know. She reaches over and starts twirling my ponytail in her fingers and goes "wow hunny, I'm sure school taught you exactly how to hug a dog so you could do jobs like this." I didn't even know what to say.

:uhno:

That's creepy. I'm glad the Dr was with you and you weren't stuck in there alone.

@sheltermed have you tried a scent lure? Does dog have something that would smell like him to put on the porch? I've heard of that sort of thing working to bring a dog back home by scent.

Um. What the actual ****.

Reactions: 3 users
@sheltermed have you tried a scent lure? Does dog have something that would smell like him to put on the porch? I've heard of that sort of thing working to bring a dog back home by scent.

Yes I did. I put out her towels that she sleeps on, my sweatshirt, and some of her toys. They've been out this whole time.

This is my nightmare. I hope you find her soon. Definitely GO to local shelters daily. I knew a woman whose old lumpy, blind, diabetic cocker ran off and she called the local SPCA every day and they kept telling her they didn't have a dog that matched her dog's description. One day she went in and there he was. He arrived there within a few hours of going missing and had been there almost a week at that point.

Luckily my local SPCA is SUPER nice (they're very well funded and Cornell uses it for shelter med rotations), so I doubt that would happen -- but yes, I have definitely been in touch with them!!

It's been about 7 hours now and no sign. =\

I haven't been sleeping too well at home. I don't have a bed so either I'm "sleeping" in this recliner in the living room or I'm having to share a room with my mom, who talks my ear off until 2 in the morning. maybe I just need to find a new place to sleep at a friend's house or something.

P.S.- do you think that bitter cold changes their smelling ability? It's in the low 20s (F) here, so I'm wondering if that makes a difference..

I'm pretty sure we have too, including one that was originally in the c/o 2019. And we aren't even done with finals yet. :( We also lost two people within the first couple weeks of school for personal reasons.

P.S.- do you think that bitter cold changes their smelling ability? It's in the low 20s (F) here, so I'm wondering if that makes a difference..
I don't know anything about how temps affect scents or sense of smell. Sorry :(

My friend withdrew right before finals started. It was hard, but ultimately the right decision for her. It sucks to lose great people due to grades.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm pretty sure we have too, including one that was originally in the c/o 2019. And we aren't even done with finals yet. :( We also lost two people within the first couple weeks of school for personal reasons.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I think that we also might have had one girl leave who was originally in the c/o 2019, but other than that, everyone is still here as far as I know. But grades also aren't out until after this week, so whether or not we lose anyone to academics remains to be seen. It sounds like there are always at least a couple... :(

Luckily my local SPCA is SUPER nice (they're very well funded and Cornell uses it for shelter med rotations), so I doubt that would happen -- but yes, I have definitely been in touch with them!!
I second (third?) the go in person.

When my pup was young, he would break out and follow baby carriages. The same shelter that I got him from listed him as a brindle lab (mastiff mix) and when I came to get him, they said he had no id and fined me for it. They had microchipped him in the first place (I made them rescan it to prove it was there and working while I stood there) and they brought him out wearing his collar and tags. (They swore they just found them and guessed that they must belong to him.:rolleyes:)

As an old man, he was called over to the side of the road and loaded up by a different animal control right off my property. (They said they didn't see my electric fence and assumed he was on public land.) I had just put him out for 15 minutes and so panicked and called them first. They said no calls had come in for a dog matching my dog's description. I called 3 more times but they technically closed 20 minutes after they picked up my dog so the dispatcher told me that I would need to wait until morning before they updated any after hours pick ups. They listed a brindle lab on their website at 8:30 pm and I knew he was safe at least. They gave him all his vaccines except rabies again and charged me an overnight and a wandering without tags fine... (again wearing collar or how did they know his rabies was up to date, yet not that they got him from my yard/pasture?) but, I got my pup back. They told me there was a lot of interest in my young sweet dog. (They listed him as 4-6, he was 11.)

Definitely go in.

When my pup was young, he would break out and follow baby carriages. The same shelter that I got him from listed him as a brindle lab (mastiff mix) and when I came to get him, they said he had no id and fined me for it. They had microchipped him in the first place (I made them rescan it to prove it was there and working while I stood there) and they brought him out wearing his collar and tags. (They swore they just found them and guessed that they must belong to him.:rolleyes:)

As an old man, he was called over to the side of the road and loaded up by a different animal control right off my property. (They said they didn't see my electric fence and assumed he was on public land.) I had just put him out for 15 minutes and so panicked and called them first. They said no calls had come in for a dog matching my dog's description. I called 3 more times but they technically closed 20 minutes after they picked up my dog so the dispatcher told me that I would need to wait until morning before they updated any after hours pick ups. They listed a brindle lab on their website at 8:30 pm and I knew he was safe at least. They gave him all his vaccines except rabies again and charged me an overnight and a wandering without tags fine... (again wearing collar or how did they know his rabies was up to date, yet not that they got him from my yard/pasture?) but, I got my pup back. They told me there was a lot of interest in my young sweet dog. (They listed him as 4-6, he was 11.)

Definitely go in.

I definitely will first thing tomorrow!

I definitely will first thing tomorrow!
I can see my dog doing something like this. :( I hope you get good news soon! My dog has disappeared for just a few minutes before, and it terrifies me so much every time.

Very sorry to hear about your missing dog. I feel for you; it's stressful. You've definitely initiated positive and prompt action to find your dog - so I hope you get good news ASAP.

Definitely go in.
This kind of thing just makes my blood boil

Just as an update, she's still missing. She has had over 700 shares on facebook which is great. People have reached out offering to do this or that because I'm poor as heck and don't have the means to do a whole lot (like make fliers and stuff). Getting nervous because it's been in the teens here and snowing on and off.

Returning rental books that are in the exact same condition I got it and they won't take it back.
+pissed+
Slightly related, I tried to do Amazon's textbook buy back for one of my sister's books, and they kept sending it back because it wasn't the right book. Nevermind that I went to the item page for the exact book I had purchased based on my order history, and set up the buy back from there. ISBN matched and everything. :mad: