RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been trying to one by one identify all the plants in my perennial gardens.
So far I have giant perennial beds filled with mugwort, goutweed, and giant ragweed with very few actual perennial flowers. No wonder my allergies are off the chart bad this year. I'm not even sure I can get close enough to them to yank them out without dying. The mugwort gave me an awful rash already this year. FML.
ragweed can die in a fiery pit of hell.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Had a patient arrest on the table today. It was an ASA 4, and my suspected reason for its death was not preventable and had nothing to do with what I was doing or the other doctor doing the procedure was doing, but it obviously still sucks.
blergh. I raise a beer for you and the the patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Had a patient arrest on the table today. It was an ASA 4, and my suspected reason for its death was not preventable and had nothing to do with what I was doing or the other doctor doing the procedure was doing, but it obviously still sucks.
@variegata ... very sorry. :(

Agree. As much as I hate the thought of roundup, I might have to resort to it for the ragweed. It's everywhere. Everywhere. I'm going to die.
@cowgirla ... you can get some cattle to graze on your weeds. :D

Look at those cute little faces: they're the perfect addition to a veterinarian's backyard!

cattle.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately I am exactly 1.08acres short of the minimum for livestock :(
Do you live somewhere that allows goats on small acreage? (And by small, I mean technically you can keep them on apartment porches in some cities. Only minis and you have to prove you can care for them properly... blah, blah blah... but it is officially a thing)

Do you live somewhere that allows goats on small acreage? (And by small, I mean technically you can keep them on apartment porches in some cities. Only minis and you have to prove you can care for them properly... blah, blah blah... but it is officially a thing)

In our area, if you aren't zoned agricultural you need to apply for a permit from the county for things like goats, chickens, etc.

Wallpaper glue is torture. That is all.

Fingers crossed for you!

My rant: My landlord is currently trying to charge me for the 'repairs' (I don't have any receipt or even a phone call proving someone came out to fix anything) needed after I called him and told him one of our outlets quite literally blew up a lamp as I plugged it in and burned my hand. This isn't something that occurred due to my negligence or clumsiness. I'm no expert, but I think this indicates some sort of electrical problem they need to fix on their dime since they maintain the unit. I've hated this company all year and this is just the cherry on top.
Update: My landlord finally responded after repeated calls and emails to the owner of the company (his father). The a** didn't even tell the repairman what happened, so the guy came to the condo just to say "I don't see any problems here" so the charge is basically because I "Reported a problem that didn't exist." Also, apparently I lied about the fact that half of the outlets don't even reliably work, because the repairman said they were just fine when he tried them.

$35 isn't the end of the world, but this guy has caused so many headaches for me this year that I almost just want to tell him to go ahead and take me to small claims over this because I'm so fed up.

Hugs. No one likes that. Even if it's 100% not your fault, it still hurts. Take care of yourself.

I have been at my mother's house for 3 hours. I want to leave. I don't understand how other adults live with their parents. I assume the parents are less involved than my mother tries to be.

And I miss my damn housemate already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree. As much as I hate the thought of roundup, I might have to resort to it for the ragweed. It's everywhere. Everywhere. I'm going to die.
I don't usually have allergies till full bloomage in August, but I am already looking pathetic with red eyes and rather loud and insulting sneezes. So it begins. :grumpy:

it is all the rain's fault. too much rain makes stupid allergy weeds and grass grow. So everybody mows over the weeds and grass, and that makes my allergies go nuts. I almost had to postpone chemo last week because I was so sick on Tuesday...thankfully it cleared up enough for a "go" on Friday!

My grandmothers dog who was diagnosed with CHF last fall is now in renal failure. I am so sad. Also frustrated because they've recently blindly doubled the furosemide dose without indication or checking labs first. Hopefully dropping the dose back will help, but I'm sure its only a matter of time at this point. Stinks. My poor grandmother is going to lose both her son and her dog in the span of a couple months, and more bitterly ironically, both to heart disease and renal failure. Life is so unfair sometimes.

My grandmothers dog who was diagnosed with CHF last fall is now in renal failure. I am so sad. Also frustrated because they've recently blindly doubled the furosemide dose without indication or checking labs first. Hopefully dropping the dose back will help, but I'm sure its only a matter of time at this point. Stinks. My poor grandmother is going to lose both her son and her dog in the span of a couple months, and more bitterly ironically, both to heart disease and renal failure. Life is so unfair sometimes.
@jmo1012 ... wish I had some comforting words to offer to you. It's never easy to lose a beloved pet or a beloved human. Very sorry to hear about this situation. :(

Last day of work and some stressful things went down and I feel like I'm in a very difficult position.

Anybody with experience in a small one vet/no official techs clinic want to give me a second opinion or advice about a situation. If I should do/say something or if it's just my conscious being different compared to my boss and I should just leave it? That would be super.

Ugh not how I wanted this to end.. :(

Last day of work and some stressful things went down and I feel like I'm in a very difficult position.

Anybody with experience in a small one vet/no official techs clinic want to give me a second opinion or advice about a situation. If I should do/say something or if it's just my conscious being different compared to my boss and I should just leave it? That would be super.

Feel free to PM me if you want, I work in a super barebones staffwise clinic.

Sigh.

Bloat surgery at 4:24AM.

Grumble.

Why can't I ever just have a nice "one patient out, one patient in" shift any more?

We're rigggggggght on the cusp of needing a second ER doctor for the busy periods. Our busiest hospital has 2, and one of the docs there is pushing for 3. Life would be SOOOOOO much nicer with a second doctor here.

Always open to listen in pm.

Always open to PMs here. I was in a multi-doctor practice, but definitely had staffing issues.

Last edited:
My GI-turned head flu bug decided today was a good day to turn back into a GI bug. Just in time for working 3 12+ hour days in a row. Thanks body, I'm glad you appreciated me taking the day off and not moving off my couch yesterday.

My GI-turned head flu bug decided today was a good day to turn back into a GI bug. Just in time for working 3 12+ hour days in a row. Thanks body, I'm glad you appreciated me taking the day off and not moving off my couch yesterday.
This is the worst ever. That is exactly what happened to me this week! Switched from a chill rotation to a super intense one with lots of extra duties and of course that's when I got sick :rolleyes: I'm sorry you had to deal with that, get better soon!

Day 5 with pneumonia and only seeing minimal improvement. I know it takes time to recover from it, but I have so much work I need to get done research-wise and I don't really have time to spare. Tried going to the lab today to get some done and only made it through about an hour of stuff before I had to leave and go lie down.

Not the way I was hoping to start my summer research.

Day 5 with pneumonia and only seeing minimal improvement. I know it takes time to recover from it, but I have so much work I need to get done research-wise and I don't really have time to spare. Tried going to the lab today to get some done and only made it through about an hour of stuff before I had to leave and go lie down.

:( I'm sorry. Hope you start feeling better soon.

I just very suddenly and very quickly started having a severe headache and neck pain. Freaking hurts.
@DVMDream ... very sorry to hear about your sudden severe headache and neck pain. Hope you begin to feel better!

[Make sure none of the WW players are passing around a voodoo doll with pins in the head and neck. Seriously, they'll do anything to win that game!]

@supershorty ... sorry to hear about your pneumonia. Hope you begin to feel better!

Here's some hot soup for you ...

Chicken soup1.jpg

Some of the replies in this thread irritate me: https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthou...e_who_dont_scoop_up_their_dogs_****_while_on/

Disease transmission is pretty much last on the radar. I've never not picked up my dog's poop.

Just slightly moving my neck makes the headache worse. Stupid damn headache.
Tension headache or did you get whiplash recently? Both after a car accident and after catching a 140 lb rottie that woke up and jumped off the table, I had muscle tightness that seemed to somehow have claws in my head so every muscle movement on the hurt side(s) sent incredible pain through my brain.

I will get something similar if I have to look down for long periods of time while engaging my arms, more so if it is a high stress activity. (Think cramming and reading and scribbling furiously, first month milking a grouchy doe, nursing, some art projects)

Tension headache or did you get whiplash recently? Both after a car accident and after catching a 140 lb rottie that woke up and jumped off the table, I had muscle tightness that seemed to somehow have claws in my head so every muscle movement on the hurt side(s) sent incredible pain through my brain.

I will get something similar if I have to look down for long periods of time while engaging my arms, more so if it is a high stress activity. (Think cramming and reading and scribbling furiously, first month milking a grouchy doe, nursing, some art projects)

I dunno. Can't move my neck. Starting to feel feverish. Taking more pain meds and will see how it is in the morning.

I dunno. Can't move my neck. Starting to feel feverish. Taking more pain meds and will see how it is in the morning.
If you can't touch chin to chest (at least as much as normal ) and get shooting pain when you try and have a fever, go in sooner rather than later. I know at least one of the worries with that is meningitis.

I have to miss my niece's first birthday party because my work schedule was screwed up :(

More specifically, I was scheduled to work the day of a wedding I'm standing up in (mind you, they've known about this for months and before I even started working). I had to switch my days with someone else to fix that. When I asked if I could leave early (if not have the whole day) for my niece's party the following weekend, I was told "PP9, we've already had to adjust the weekend just before that for you. We won't do it again." Maybe schedule me the way we agreed upon when I first accepted the job?

Also extremely frustrated that whenever my boyfriend's family barges (literally) in to come 'fix' his house, we have to completely redo everything that they do. No, please don't insist you have to paint "RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU BUY A HOUSE" (Yes, that's exactly how his mom typed the text she sent us). The walls weren't ready, and you slapped over all of the nail holes/gauges/dings/leaking ceiling and you also used so much paint that there are drips running down the length of the walls. So now we have to spend more money on paint and time on resanding everything when our budget/timeline is already tight enough as it is. Trying to get my boyfriend to put his foot down since no one listens to me, but it's not going well.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Edit: Also just had my landlord's dad (owner of the company) literally screaming at me on the phone because I'm "clearly making up a story about the condo having electrical issues." Yes, I made it up because I so badly want to give you more money :rolleyes:. During that conversation, it only became more apparent that their communication is really horrible because the owner really didn't even have the details of the story and I had to explain it to him. I eventually just said "This is why you guys are losing your student clients" and hung up. I'm just going to pay it and move on. I made them aware, it's in their hands now.

Last edited:
Before I left school for the summer, my roommate and I talked about her plans and she said she was staying on for another year at least. We talked about it twice and twice she told me she was staying and she would resign the lease.

I've been home three weeks. Guess who just got a text saying that she's moving out? Not even a phone call, just a text. So awesome.

Before I left school for the summer, my roommate and I talked about her plans and she said she was staying on for another year at least. We talked about it twice and twice she told me she was staying and she would resign the lease.

I've been home three weeks. Guess who just got a text saying that she's moving out? Not even a phone call, just a text. So awesome.
:(

One of my former coworkers at the very first veterinary clinic I worked at committed suicide yesterday.

She taught me the ropes of being a kennel tech and she was such a bright star of a person - her FB timeline is completely filled with posts from her friends, more than I've ever seen for any person I know.

She was the first time I've ever had a crush on a girl and she was unique in every way possible. I'm still reeling from the shock, gah.

One of my former coworkers at the very first veterinary clinic I worked at committed suicide yesterday.

She taught me the ropes of being a kennel tech and she was such a bright star of a person - her FB timeline is completely filled with posts from her friends, more than I've ever seen for any person I know.

She was the first time I've ever had a crush on a girl and she was unique in every way possible. I'm still reeling from the shock, gah.
I am so sorry :(

I'm so sorry, Butts. :( It's an unthinkable pain to have to happen to one of your friends/ coworkers. Sending big big hugs. We're here for you, GB!

I am so so sorry<3
Sending big hugs (or air hugs if you prefer)

I'm so sorry for your loss, GB! :(