RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the racism subject, so as to make this less of a wasted spot (and this is just a statement, aimed at no one here): I really wish people would stop associating the South with racists. Seems that if you go north, and talk with a southern accent, you're a racist. :eek: Interesting, at times.

More so, I wish the ******* racists form the south would stop giving the rest of us bad names.

Amen! I am a New Yorker born and bred, but my mom is from Alabama and my dad is from Texas, so I have some intense love for the south. Earlier this summer my mom and I were at a farmers market and the pickle man asked my mom where she was from (still has a VERY strong southern accent). She said Alabama, and a random woman passing by stopped and said she should be ashamed of herself. Random b**** actually told my mom she should be ashamed. Well, my mom is so not one to take something like that, so she turns and asks the woman why, and she says "Well, your people have a lot to make up for...you know...slavery". My mom laughs in her face and says "Hunny, how old do you think I am. I no way owned any more slaves than you, and you might want to read a history book. Ya'll had slaves up here too." We walked away with the woman still looking like she was superior. UGH.

Members don't see this ad.

NM, I should try reading comprehension...I hear it's the bees knees.

On the racism subject, so as to make this less of a wasted spot (and this is just a statement, aimed at no one here): I really wish people would stop associating the South with racists. Seems that if you go north, and talk with a southern accent, you're a racist. :eek: Interesting, at times.

More so, I wish the ******* racists form the south would stop giving the rest of us bad names.

Agreed. I have a lot of friends and family from the South, and they're a lot less racist than some people I know up North.

I've lived in the Chicago suburbs and Dallas so I've experienced North vs. South. I think everyone's prejudice regardless of location. They're just prejudice about different things occasionally.

Members don't see this ad :)
so yeah, pet peeve of mine is when people equate liberal = not racist, and conservative = racist. also when people say peeps of one location = racist/not racist. both very much not true. in certain locations, it's more likely to run into outwardly racist folk but that doesn't mean everyone there is racist. and then there's the distinction between racist and ignorant. a lot of people think ignorant = racist, and sometimes a person is both, but they're also not the same. i don't classify someone as being racist unless there's an element of bigotry and/or mean intent.

i grew up in a small town in central MA almost bordering NH. it was 99.99% white, with my family of 6 pretty much making up the .01%. sure there were a few jackasses here and there (mostly unruly teenage boys) who gave my parents a hard time when they were ordering food or something with a less than perfect English. but overall it was the most nurturing environment for my family there. people were really curious and helpful for the most part. people had very ignorant ideas a lot of the time. a lot of people didn't realize that sony, toshiba, toyota, etc... came from japan, and used to ask if tv's and cars existed in japan. and i would get the eeew gross for eating seaweed or something, but i don't think that makes people racist. i tend to run around in "very white" suberbs/towns in MA in NH often where i'm the only non-white person around because of my current life circumstances... and i do get the "wow, you speak very good english. i don't even hear an accent at all" a lot. i've yet to encounter someone who purposely tried to offend me for who i am (and i've encountered that numerous times at other places). that being said, there are plenty of people up here who are against their kids being in interracial marriage and even friendship :eek:.

i think the MA being "one of the most racist places" as was said by a professor once is somewhat justified though. and that has nothing to do with whether i feel comfortable as a non-white person to be here. that has a lot to do with the historical systematic segregation of minorities in boston. there was a lot of injustice done back in the post-WWII "busing kids to school" era. gentrification, redlining, white flight, etc... were all things that set up roxbury and dorchester, and people there are still feeling the consequences of that and most can't get themselves out of it. even now, there are a bunch of people who won't get approved on a mortgage to buy a home even if they've paid a higher rent on time for years. it's really sad. i don't think that MA is the worst offender of this type of thing, but it ain't a saint either.

So frustrated and saddened right now...
I've been fostering this super sweet 12 year corgi-mix who was left at our animal hospital and have been trying, in vain, to find him a forever home or, at the least, another foster home before I leave for vet school in 3 weeks. I've put posters on petfinder.com etc, spoken to current clients at our animal hospital, emailed/spoken to everyone I (and the rest of my family) know and paraded him around town in an adorable "adopt me" vest. No luck. At all.

Unfortunately, I absolutely cannot bring him with me to Michigan (I'm bringing my two dogs and my bf is bringing his two cats and we're having a hell of time finding a place) and it pains me to leave him in LA where he will sit for 20 hours a day in a dog run at our hospital. I've told myself that if he still doesn't have a home by winter break, then I will try to bring him with me when I come visit my family for the holidays, but I'm worried that I'm going to be overwhelmed with vet school and just won't have the time to give him all the attention he needs.

:(

der, i know this sounds kind of shady, but it can really help to put out a very targeted post on craigslist on the "pets" section for the audience you're looking for. i just recently did this for a highly unadoptable cat, and found multiple qualified homes for him including other foster networks in a matter of days. i had put out ads for him in the past, but it didn't do much because it's so easy to get looked over in the vast sea of "____ needs a home" posts. petfinder, posters, and even being displayed in the window didn't get much attention for him in the past. this last time, i tried to make a post that would get the attention of the exact people i wanted to read it and it worked!

i titled it "A Plea for Those Who Dedicate Themselves to the Most Unwanted Animals" and really laid out everything about him, all that's wrong with him, and why he needs an understanding home. it got the attention of animal rescue people in the area who really ALL invested in helping me out. it really renewed my faith in the community at large. PM me if you want a copy of the whole post. it's kind of long so i won't post here, but there are a lot of animal lovers who read craigslist and love to find their sympathy fix for the day.

good luck!

I totally agree with Minnerbelle. Craigslist can be a really amazing resource. One of the best things about it is that since it's free, you can experiment with different wordings until you find the one that strikes the right chord. I personally have the ad I refer to as my "nuclear option" for when I'm up to my ears in kittens and desperately need foster homes. It took lots of tries to come up with, but it hasn't failed me yet (knock wood!). PM me if you'd like to try it.

I hate quitting smoking. I did it twice before. Don't get me wrong, I like life once I am off the little buggers, but quitting is awful.

There was a huge emotional upheaval in my marriage this past year, and my husband and I both started again. We have tried to quit for the past few months but when one of us is trying, the other isn't and that never worked.

We decided that we both wouldn't buy any more cigarettes after July 1st.
And the last few wee have left are dwindling away. And I am getting the antsy irritable side effects.

Why the hell does smoking have to be so horrible? Why can't it be good for you, cure cancer, smell like fresh flowers, and make your teeth white?! Augh.

I HATE applying to vet school. HATE IT. I don't want to do it again. I poured my heart and soul into my last application. I have written a million and one drafts of a new PS and I hate them all. I am not above average in ANY of my stats. I am average. plain old average. There is nothing original in my app, there are no amazing heart wrenching stories, and I have nothing with which to impress those freaking adcoms. *growl*

AND if I ever even get the stinking thing submitted - then it's EVEN WORSE. You sit around and WAIT. Then WAIT SOME FREAKING MORE. Last year I at least had classes to keep me busy till December......WHY OH WHY??????

AND let's not even get started on my FAMILY - they have no understanding that this whole thing is basically a "get the adcom member on a good day" thing and it doesn't matter if I am the absolute perfect applicant, I still won't necessarily get in. They are already asking me what I am planning on doing if I fail again. ("Well, you won't be wasting your time applying again if you don't get in this year, right?")

To top it all, I had a dream last night that I was graduating from vet school. No, not just getting in, or starting classes - but actually graduating!!!
WHAT THE HECK, BRAIN?????? SERIOUSLY. I was ecstatic, I felt accomplished and happy and ready to move on to the next thing. Where the eff did my head get the audacity to shove that into my night? gosh darnit.

Thanks for listening.
(I hope you all enjoyed my attempts to not actually swear.) lol

NB: I understand that there are many of you on this forum who have applied more than two times and I completely understand that you have more reason to complain than I do - but just let me be...I'm pissed off and frustrated right now. :)

It definitely gets harder and more annoying when you don't have class to distract you. My advice is find a really good outlet for the stress or you will be on sdn every 5 seconds (LITERALLY) and going insane. I spent two years out of school WAITING....only to be waitlisted, which makes the waiting even more unbearable and hopeless. Wow...that sounds horrible. It's worth the wait. I can say I'm glad I didn't get into vet school right out of undergrad. I think I was way too burnt out to succeed the way I want to.

It definitely gets harder and more annoying when you don't have class to distract you. My advice is find a really good outlet for the stress or you will be on sdn every 5 seconds (LITERALLY) and going insane. I spent two years out of school WAITING....only to be waitlisted, which makes the waiting even more unbearable and hopeless. Wow...that sounds horrible. It's worth the wait. I can say I'm glad I didn't get into vet school right out of undergrad. I think I was way too burnt out to succeed the way I want to.

Yes I totally agree that the waiting sucks but it is worth it. I was glad that I did not have classes to deal with when I was applying. I think I would have been more stressed if I had grades to worry about on top of the application process. It allowed me to totally focus on the application and not worry about missing classes/tests when I had interviews like I read about for some people on SDN. And I had enough senioritis as it was without a vet school admission to make it worse. The time off turned into a good thing because I was really burned out too. On a side note, I had not yet discovered SDN when I was applying so I could not have been obsessed with it. Good Luck!:luck::)

I HATE applying to vet school. HATE IT. I don't want to do it again.

It is a rather soul crushing experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear idiots walking your dogs merrily to the fireworks show,

What is going through your head right now? Honestly. A dogs hearing is more than 10x more sensitive than our own. Fireworks are often too loud for small children, much less your "best friend"! Not only do they HEAR the fireworks, but they can feel them in their bodies, like we do when we are at a concert and go crappy seats way too close to a speaker. By taking your dog to the fireworks display you are not only scaring the living tar out of them, but running the risk of them bolting away, or biting someone in fear aggression!
Please... don't take your dogs to firework displays. It's not rocket science as to why it's a bad idea...... :boom: you all infuriate me.

the end.

der, i know this sounds kind of shady, but it can really help to put out a very targeted post on craigslist on the "pets" section for the audience you're looking for. i just recently did this for a highly unadoptable cat, and found multiple qualified homes for him including other foster networks in a matter of days. i had put out ads for him in the past, but it didn't do much because it's so easy to get looked over in the vast sea of "____ needs a home" posts. petfinder, posters, and even being displayed in the window didn't get much attention for him in the past. this last time, i tried to make a post that would get the attention of the exact people i wanted to read it and it worked!
!

Minnerbelle and VS: I'm going to give it one last go and try out Craigslist. PM'ing you both for more info...

Wtf Boston, why are you over 100 degrees F PLUS humidity today??? I thought I would get a break from the heat by moving further north but noooo.

It is well over 100 down where my parents live right now in VA. Anywhere else experiencing this crazy heat wave?? My dad was just in Dubai for work, and is sad that Virginia is about the same temperature as it was over there ha.

I just bought some Vibram five fingers because they (finally!) came out with a pair of shoes specifically made for running. But it is an oven outside. I may just say screw it and give myself heat stroke because I have waited for these suckers for so long haha

and yet, it's been so cold in Los Angeles these past few days...

Oh yes just rub it in.

Boston has been really hot or really cold and rainy. I've never spent a summer here before this year though so maybe that's normal...? I kind of miss VA's predictably "always hot and humid with occasional thunderstorms", so at least my body wouldn't freak out at 30 degree temperature swings!

Oh yes just rub it in.

Boston has been really hot or really cold and rainy. I've never spent a summer here before this year though so maybe that's normal...? I kind of miss VA's predictably "always hot and humid with occasional thunderstorms", so at least my body wouldn't freak out at 30 degree temperature swings!

Yeah well, Richmond VA has been in the upper 90's, low 100's for weeks on end now and HUMID as you-know-what. Now that i've 'moved' to Hilton Head, SC, it's upper eighties, low humidity and a nice ocean breeze :love:

I just bought some Vibram five fingers because they (finally!) came out with a pair of shoes specifically made for running. But it is an oven outside. I may just say screw it and give myself heat stroke because I have waited for these suckers for so long haha

This makes me think of a rant!! I REALLY want a pair of vibram five fingers to run in...except....I have webbed toes :oops: !! WAH! Poor me! Why dohave to be all lame and run in just regular running shoes?! I wanna try vibrams. booooo.

This makes me think of a rant!! I REALLY want a pair of vibram five fingers to run in...except....I have webbed toes :oops: !! WAH! Poor me! Why dohave to be all lame and run in just regular running shoes?! I wanna try vibrams. booooo.

:idea: I have seen/heard of people modifying them to fit their webbed toes! If you search around you should be able to find some examples and DIY tips. It probably works better with some of the shoes due to the fabric/treads, but it can be done!!

Here is a link of one example :-D http://birthdayshoes.com/fivefingers-for-webbed-toes-how-about-vibram-four-fingers-mod

Granted, my dog is a dumb-dumb on a good day, but she loves fireworks. she spent the fourth sitting out in the backyard staring up at the sky watching the ones the neighbors were setting off.

I used to have a dog like that. She absolutely loved them and would chase them if we let her. I have a picture of her staring down one of the satellite fireworks as it gets prepared to launch.

This makes me think of a rant!! I REALLY want a pair of vibram five fingers to run in...except....I have webbed toes

I'm actually slightly jealous. A friend of mine has them and I always wanted webbed toes as a kid so I'd have super-swimming powers. I swear that's why he always beat me in races.

Me too!! I wish I could try vibrams as well. I always was upset that I couldn't wear toe socks when I was younger

I've never known anyone else with webbed toes before. This is exciting. :laugh:

I missed this whole conversation about vibrams. I love my KSO's and want the knew Bilikas.

I haven't ranted any on this thread, but I have a rant similar but totally opposite to EvilShoe's. I want to run in my vibrams, but it's in the 30's outside. I'm going to miss summer completely this year.:mad:

I missed this whole conversation about vibrams. I love my KSO's and want the knew Bilikas.

I haven't ranted any on this thread, but I have a rant similar but totally opposite to EvilShoe's. I want to run in my vibrams, but it's in the 30's outside. I'm going to miss summer completely this year.:mad:

We should switch weather - I love running in the cold! 30s isn't bad at all (especially if you buy some injinji socks or something), but I do hope you're on the southern half of the globe lol. The new Bilikas are AWESOME! Most fun I've had in a run in a while despite the weird looks :)

We should switch weather - I love running in the cold! 30s isn't bad at all (especially if you buy some injinji socks or something), but I do hope you're on the southern half of the globe lol. The new Bilikas are AWESOME! Most fun I've had in a run in a while despite the weird looks :)

Yeah, I get some weird looks too, but the black KSO's kinda fly under the radar sometimes. No subtle colors for the Bilikas.

But no, I'm not in the southern hemisphere, I'm very very very north. If I went any further north, I'd have to get in a boat (or hovercraft).

This is my first rant, but it can go with this topic... :rolleyes:
I love my vibrams, I even spent weeks training to run in them (building calf strength... if anyone switches over, make the transition very slowly!!!), but my left foot is slightly smaller than my right foot, so my vibram doesn't fit quite right and gives me blisters/pulls my pinkie toe too far out :( So after all that, I either need to give up, or save up enough money for a second pair that is one size smaller... poop. :(

I can't really decide if I should be pissed off about this or not but I'm going to rant about it anyways.

It ticks me off that you have to pay to see pretty much any scientific research that's done. I know it costs money to do research but it seems pretty counter-productive to me. I don't think that the general public would increase their perusal of scientific literature by any great amount if it was all available to them but it might help stop some things like the Dr. Google phenomena if people could actually get credible research readily. And those of us that are slightly literate in terms of science might read more if it didn't cost $10 a paper just to learn more than 1/4 of an abstract.

Anyhow, perhaps someone can clue me in. I don't know a whole lot about the research side of things and how funding is acquired (I assume through the government), but I don't think that most of the places providing the articles (say, Nature) are the ones funding the research.

I suppose you're paying for them selecting the articles for you (wading through the crap, essentially), but I wouldn't mind wading through the crap myself for free...

It's a professionally published, peer reviewed work. You pay for a professionally published, peer reviewed work, just like you pay for a book or a paper copy of a journal. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it has to be free.

There's always the library if you want to read an article (or a book/other periodical) for free. The internet has really spoiled us, hasn't it?

I don't think that the general public would increase their perusal of scientific literature by any great amount if it was all available to them but it might help stop some things like the Dr. Google phenomena if people could actually get credible research readily. And those of us that are slightly literate in terms of science might read more if it didn't cost $10 a paper just to learn more than 1/4 of an abstract.

It wouldn't help for laypeople to have free access to scientific journal articles, IMO. In fact, I'm of the opinion that it would do more harm than good. See, most scientists can't properly critically assess the limitations of a study outside of their field. How are you expecting any layperson to be able to put the results in context and draw logical inferences from them from any study? The difference is that scientists know and understand when something is out of their scope, and the good ones seek assistance and form conclusions with help. Someone who doesn't really understand and is prone to the "Dr. Google" phenomenon is probably not going to do anything but pull out things that "sound" like they matter and try to say they are from a credible source.

Education of laypeople is why publications like Scientific American exist. It is not why academic journals exist.

I agree that a quick trip to the nearest med school library should solve your problems. I'm excited to already have Internet access to the Penn library system, it's helped soo much getting ref for my thesis...I can't even imagine the horror of not being able to pubmed search articles (many of which are also free by the way) and having to painstakingly find printed articles for my thesis. Yuck. speaking of which.. Another rant...

I'm turning in my thesis tomorrow and there is STILL so much left to do. My laptop is crashing on me cause I've got so many files open and Word decided to stop saving my changes who knows when ago. I still have to put in figures, ref, primer and strain tables, and finish writing a section! Blah!! It's stressing me out to say the least. I think I'm in for a longnight/allnighter in the lab but I've pulled long days all this week (7am-1am) so I am already completely drained and exhausted. I just don't care anymore. Except that I do and I want it to be nice. Ughhh. Oh and my back is killing me. This weekend I'm treating myself to a massage.

Nyanko-did you submit yet??

Rubychick-that's awesome!

And thanks to those who posted the vibrams modification. I hadn't thought of that. Though I'm not thinking about muchbesides my work right now.

Ok I think that was prob my 10min allowed Internet play time :)

I don't even have anything saved on my computer as "personal statement" yet. Is it horrible if I haven't started it? Hmmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
My other rant... I don't even have anything saved on my computer as "personal statement" yet. Is it horrible if I haven't started it? Hmmmm...

haha, no worries. i didn't even start until end of august. my first written draft was done in one sitting on aug 31st... my tufts statement was started the day before it was due, and it was finished and submitted just 1 hr before the deadline. and surprisingly, it wasn't all that stressful. it reminded me of my college days :laugh:.

you've got time!

p.s. - good luck gellabella!!!

p.p.s. (or is it p.s.s.?) - as for finding journal articles, email a friend at a bigger institution that has good access with the citation and have them send it to you. i always had a small army of people spread out between mit, stanford, and uc berkeley that i would email when i needed an article in a pinch and i'd make them race to be the first one to send me a pdf of the article. call me a b****, but hey it always got me the articles i needed within 5 min :smuggrin:. plus, they were ex-bf's, cheating bf, + bro in law who all warranted that kind of treatment! what sucked was going to a small college that didn't subscribe to many journals...

what sucked was going to a small college that didn't subscribe to many journals...

I'll second that. I don't know how many times I felt like tossing something the computer when I was informed that "you do not have access to this article". Unfortunately I did not have a team of researchers spread across the universities.

EvilShoe--You still have plenty of time. I don't know when my PS was done, but it wasn't even in my head in July.

GellaBella--Good Luck again.

I'm about 95% sure I won't be applying to vet school this round. I've exhausted all but 2 of my options around here (even the clinic that's 'super awesome' at letting people shadow hasn't returned my phone calls). So I have nobody to write me a letter of recommendation/nowhere to get more experience hours. I suppose after graduating in December I'll be able to move and hopefully find something quickly so I can apply next year. Friggin' lame.

I agree that a quick trip to the nearest med school library should solve your problems.

The nearest med school library is 2 hours away and my local librarian just gave me a "you're ****ing crazy" look when I asked if they could retrieve any.

Which is sooo great for me now that I am back.

I just spend 2 weaks in a country that doesn't believe in freakin a/c, which is fine in cool weather but not so fine when the weather approached triple digits every day.

My boyfriend's mom has an 11-year-old cat who hasn't seen a vet in many years. She cut her paw on something and it was getting infected, so she finally brought the cat to a vet. Upon examination, the cat had terrible teeth. A few of the teeth had already rotted out, and the rest were in terrible condition. They recommended a dental, which she initially agreed to. However, when I talked to her about it a few months ago, she said the vet never mentioned it again, and they quoted her anywhere from $500-$2500 for a dental, and, well, she just didn't want to spend $2500 on an 11-year-old cat.

Tonight, I tried talking to her about it again. I brought up the cat clinic in the city, which I've heard has tried making dentals very affordable, because they know people don't give their cats dentals. She doesn't feel she needs to because her cat's still eating and drinking fine, so she can't be in any pain. I told her that cats hide their pain very well, and if it gets so bad she stops eating, it might very well be too late, as not eating can become a very big deal very quickly with cats. She said if that was the case, then the cat could have a couple days at home, and then die.

I finished my dinner, then grabbed some garbage as an excuse to get up from the table, then typed this up. I am cuddling my cats and wondering how people can think of their pets this way. I mean, everyone deals with people like this, but I guess it really hits home when it's someone you're friends with. I know once I'm a vet I'm going to deal with people like this all the time, and I hope it gets easier or something because what she said tonight broke my heart.

My boyfriend's mom has an 11-year-old cat who hasn't seen a vet in many years. She cut her paw on something and it was getting infected, so she finally brought the cat to a vet. Upon examination, the cat had terrible teeth. A few of the teeth had already rotted out, and the rest were in terrible condition. They recommended a dental, which she initially agreed to. However, when I talked to her about it a few months ago, she said the vet never mentioned it again, and they quoted her anywhere from $500-$2500 for a dental, and, well, she just didn't want to spend $2500 on an 11-year-old cat.

Tonight, I tried talking to her about it again. I brought up the cat clinic in the city, which I've heard has tried making dentals very affordable, because they know people don't give their cats dentals. She doesn't feel she needs to because her cat's still eating and drinking fine, so she can't be in any pain. I told her that cats hide their pain very well, and if it gets so bad she stops eating, it might very well be too late, as not eating can become a very big deal very quickly with cats. She said if that was the case, then the cat could have a couple days at home, and then die.

I finished my dinner, then grabbed some garbage as an excuse to get up from the table, then typed this up. I am cuddling my cats and wondering how people can think of their pets this way. I mean, everyone deals with people like this, but I guess it really hits home when it's someone you're friends with. I know once I'm a vet I'm going to deal with people like this all the time, and I hope it gets easier or something because what she said tonight broke my heart.

I know how frustrating it this is. But remember, you can't make people care. I've got several acquaintances who are the same way. I do my best to educate them, once, and then leave it alone. You really can't do much else unless you're willing to pay for the procedure yourself. Just be comforted that you tried to help by giving her helpful information. You can't be responsible for a lack of compassion.

That really does stink, but unfortunately Jamr0ckin is right. It breaks my heart too and I also wonder how I will deal with it. I'm sorry you have to be around it knowing kitty is not in good condition. You did the right thing and I hope the end result is not a complete disaster..

1) My rabbit passed away unexpectedly on Monday night. Such a sweet boy.

2) My hard drive that I"v been using to save all my research data will now not register on any computer with any cable. GAH!!!! I really hope all my data isn't lost (the files are ~4 GB each so it's impossible to back it up anywhere else without forking over another $200).
Late, but yank open the hard drive and pull it out of the drive from its slot and hook it up to a USB port with one of these and pull your data off that way.

Why do people think definitely and defiantly are the same word?! This one irks me a lot!! Has anyone else noticed this?

This thread turning into grammer police. People take a frickin (yes I know that is not a word) chill pill. :smuggrin:

I realize it's vacation, but seriously, your kids (and apparently your friend's kids who have another villa) have been running like a herd of elephants in and out of the unit directly above my head and worse, have been shrieking since 730AM. Please, please, either be a good parent and tell them to 'pipe it' or take their I'm-so-excited-to-be-on-vacation-butts to the beach and wear them out.

haha, yeah i hate having ill-behaved kiddies everywhere on my vacation. that is why i will be going to disneyland tomorrow, before school's out for the summer in japan. it's a nightmare to go to any vacation spots here during school breaks with this ginormous population density!

Late, but yank open the hard drive and pull it out of the drive from its slot and hook it up to a USB port with one of these and pull your data off that way.

Is this hard to do? My Macbook's hardrive died a couple months ago. They replaced it for free which was cool, and I don't really have anything important on it, but I miss my pet pictures :(

so stressed out...moving in less than 3 weeks and we still don't have a place to live...the house we really liked may not be available until I start classes...argh

crossing my fingers

so stressed out...moving in less than 3 weeks and we still don't have a place to live...the house we really liked may not be available until I start classes...argh

crossing my fingers

I actually found a great house to go to AVC in PEI and now I can't find 2 roommates!! Where the heck are all the other 62 students in my class living? No one is replying to my ads. After all this effort to get in and get used to the inevitable future debt, now I'm facing the possibility of paying the whole $1200 rent by myself! Argh is right!

I actually found a great house to go to AVC in PEI and now I can't find 2 roommates!! Where the heck are all the other 62 students in my class living? No one is replying to my ads. After all this effort to get in and get used to the inevitable future debt, now I'm facing the possibility of paying the whole $1200 rent by myself! Argh is right!

have you tried contacting the vet school? they usually have some type of e-message boards available for finding fellow roomies...

good luck :)

I dont know about AVC in PEI so i'm not sure if only vet students live there or if there are other students/working adults, but if I were you i'd start posting ads up in regular areas (not just aimed at your vet class) because that would suck to be stuck with the full rent!