RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yech, backs are the worst.

Mine’s been acting up, too. I have anatomy lab for 9 hours a week and I’m short so I have to stand to actually see things on my cadaver.
These saved my back during surgery lab, where we would be standing on a concrete floor for 5+ hours with no hope of a chair: Women’s Comfortable Clogs, Mules, & Slides | Dansko® Official Site
I think they look hideous, but they're wonderfully comfortable and worth every penny.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
These saved my back during surgery lab, where we would be standing on a concrete floor for 5+ hours with no hope of a chair: Women’s Comfortable Clogs, Mules, & Slides | Dansko® Official Site
I think they look hideous, but they're wonderfully comfortable and worth every penny.
Good plug! I used to work in a bakery on concrete for 8 hours a day during undergrad breaks so I’m very familiar with tricks like this for helping your back.

Honestly, I’m a big fan of crocs for standing on concrete. They’re ugly af, but they’re cheap and would last me like 6 months before I had to buy a new pair because my feet/back started hurting again.

Reactions: 1 user
Yech, backs are the worst.

Mine’s been acting up, too. I have anatomy lab for 9 hours a week and I’m short so I have to stand to actually see things on my cadaver.
Are your anatomy tables adjustable at all? We used to have to crank our table way down because the human anatomy dissectors who also used the lab when we were gone would set it really high for some reason

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it is the weather...but my right hip, both feet, and left hand are killing me today. just achy and sore. yuck.
I’ve been the same way over the past few days. My back, both knees, both elbows, neck, and all fingers have felt terrible. Not a pleasant feeling

i think it is the weather...but my right hip, both feet, and left hand are killing me today. just achy and sore. yuck.
I’ve been the same way over the past few days. My back, both knees, both elbows, neck, and all fingers have felt terrible. Not a pleasant feeling

Hi hello I also have many joint pain these past few days. Especially my knees, left ankle, and my lower back. I feel u

no it's not! and it being cloudy and rainey is not helping, either...i need sun every now and then!! we need the rain, desperately, but stilll...just give me a little sun in between!

I found my silicone engagement ring that I thought I had lost or left back home. I hadn't seen it in like 6mo. I found it yesterday. Hooray right? It was for about 6 hours. Then I lost it down the drain in the shower when I took it off for a split second. I has the sads. :cryi:

I found my silicone engagement ring that I thought I had lost or left back home. I hadn't seen it in like 6mo. I found it yesterday. Hooray right? It was for about 6 hours. Then I lost it down the drain in the shower when I took it off for a split second. I has the sads. :cryi:
At least it’s the silicone one? :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeahhhhh that is incredibly saddening
Do you have a maintenance man that would come and open the sink? Don’t things like rings get stuck in the curve a lot of the time? Idfk
Idk for sure that's a good idea though! Probably will just buy a new one tbh because it took them over a month to come spray for bugs and fix our door handle like sugar ants actively in the new, clean kitchen and weird black bugs with wings flying around...

Phys prof "just read over the case. Answer the questions if you want. The quiz is really easy. No one has missed points like ever."
Takes quiz today. Definitely me and half the class are super mad... Happy Friday y'all.

Phys prof "just read over the case. Answer the questions if you want. The quiz is really easy. No one has missed points like ever."
Takes quiz today. Definitely me and half the class are super mad... Happy Friday y'all.
Is this Harding? Is he not giving you guys objectives for the quizzes anymore? Don’t know why he said to not answer the questions, but he’s always been really straight forward, so that sucks :(

Is this Harding? Is he not giving you guys objectives for the quizzes anymore? Don’t know why he said to not answer the questions, but he’s always been really straight forward, so that sucks :(
Its him it was the case study one so not a huge deal but really annoying. He still gives objectives for in class quizzes/exam

Lame rant, but it's an amazing reminder as to why I started my nutrition plan in the first place. Figured I'd enjoy New Orleans why I was there so probably drank wayyy to much and ate off my plan (although that aspect could have been way worse). Today was my first day back in the gym in like 4 days and I wanted to puke the entire time and felt super weak and shaky. It was a workout that I probably would have normally crushed otherwise. I used to work out all the time feeling that way and I don't know how I did it and I don't particularly want to do it again. Completely back on tract as of today until this weekend when it's my bday and a wedding but planning to take it somewhat easy and not go overboard.

nope___gif__by_themischiefmonster-d7dzfuh.gif

Reactions: 3 users
All she’s implying is that your comments were absurdly sexist. Considering the demographics and audience of the veterinary profession/ this forum, your comment was unwarranted.
Not trying to BE sexist. But this is from personal experience. I have no problem with women and glad there are more women getting in formally male dominated areas. The vet I shadowed for 2 years was a woman. Is this not a rant trend? I told they lady on the phone to bring him tomorrow and I would work with him. It’s just in my experience I have more horses with bad habits that come from women owners. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Not trying to BE sexist. But this is from personal experience. I have no problem with women and glad there are more women getting in formally male dominated areas. The vet I shadowed for 2 years was a woman. Is this not a rant trend? I told they lady on the phone to bring him tomorrow and I would work with him. It’s just in my experience I have more horses with bad habits that come from women owners. If I offended anyone I apologize.
Word of advice: if you have to say “I have no problem with ‘X-group’, but...” whatever you said has probably indeed come off as you having a problem with X group of people.

Reactions: 6 users
Word of advice: if you have to say “I have no problem with ‘X-group’, but...” whatever you said has probably indeed come off as you having a problem with X group of people.

But he's worked with a vet who is a woman so he can say what he wants. Kind of like when someone makes a racist comment and then goes "but I have friends who are black." :bored:

Reactions: 5 users

As an additional aside, saying ‘I apologize if I offended anyone’ isn’t an apology. It’s basically saying ‘I’m sorry you’re so sensitive for objecting to this thing that I think is fine.’ It puts the burden on the listener, rather than the one who did the speaking for being wrong. A real apology is “I’m sorry I said something offensive.’

Reactions: 11 users
As an additional aside, saying ‘I apologize if I offended anyone’ isn’t an apology. It’s basically saying ‘I’m sorry you’re so sensitive for objecting to this thing that I think is fine.’ It puts the burden on the listener, rather than the one who did the speaking for being wrong. A real apology is “I’m sorry I said something offensive.’

I want to like this a million times over.

A close second in terms of bull**** apologies is: "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way."

Reactions: 4 users
I want to like this a million times over.

A close second in terms of bull**** apologies is: "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way."
That was my ex’s favorite thing to say lol

“I’m sorry you’re upset that I yelled at you.”

actually, there are times when saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" is perfectly acceptable. Someone arguing with me that I should be a vegetarian, and then saying, "I can't be your friend if you eat meat"..."Sorry you feel that way" is appropriate.

actually, there are times when saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" is perfectly acceptable. Someone arguing with me that I should be a vegetarian, and then saying, "I can't be your friend if you eat meat"..."Sorry you feel that way" is appropriate.
True, but the times that’s appropriate are pretty few and far between. And at those times, the listener is the one who made the offensive comment to begin with.

Like in this situation. Telling the OP, “I’m sorry you feel that way” about his sexist comments regarding women horse owners.

true, I guess my brain just went the way it did, as that was part of an actual conversation I had not too long ago. I had said something along the lines of how delicious dinner was the night before, steak grilled outside and salad, she got upset, then launched into a whole 10 minute lecture on how I am diabetic, overweight and had cancer so I should never eat meat ever again. Followed up with something along the lines of "I can't be your friend if you continue to eat meat. You just don't care about yourself at all" I am pretty sure it was something along the lines of "I'm sorry you feel that way, and I guess this is where our friendship ends". I was just floored by her attitude. She knows the struggle of trying to keep everything in check during all of this, trying to get the body back into something called balance.

*formerly

*thread

*the

I have no problem with men and glad there are more men getting in formerly female dominated forums. My boyfriend is a man. It’s just in my experience I have more posts with poor spelling habits that come from male posters. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
*formerly

*thread

*the

I have no problem with men and glad there are more men getting in formerly female dominated forums. My boyfriend in a man. It’s just in my experience I have more posts with poor spelling habits that come from male posters. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Your boyfriend is IN a man??? :eek::beaver::p

Reactions: 7 users