RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YAYYYYYYYYYYY AHHH SO HAPPY FOR YOU KC!!!!!!!! Is it back in MN?
Yep!
Congrats! What a huge weight off your shoulders!
Yay yay yay!!!
Thanks guys :) This has been super stressful and I'm just so happy things have worked out the way they have.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a job offer! At one of my top choices and I'm super stoked and so glad things are finally working out.

Sent from my phone using the mobile app because I bought it and I'm stubborn

so happy for you!!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got to work and the power is out. It’s pitch dark in here! Apparently lights are out all over town. Oh and it’s surgery day! o_O

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Idk if you noticed, but sdn now allows you to delete posts!! It happened sometime during your hiatus

whoaaaaa. Thanks!

also, totally can turn this around and say that the lights DID come on like an hour later!

Reactions: 5 users
As an update on my landlord situation, she acknowledged that she got mixed up and is giving us half of June back! I'm so relieved and happy. I get a nice new place and all the stress just rolled off my back.

Reactions: 14 users
One of the receptionists told me an owner today couldn't remember which doctor she talked to, but described them as the "one with the smile in her voice" (we've only talked on the phone) and reception assumed it was me.

It was. I'm pretty tickled.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Tiny petty rave, but I never in a million years would've thought I'd be so grateful for a haircut!!!

(it needs monthly maintenance since it's short and it hadn't been touched since February. I've been having to get pretty... creative... to look halfway presentable lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Remember how we "bought" a house a while back? Well that didn't end up happening... With COVID suddenly becoming a *big deal* my dad got a bit worried about the economy so we backed out of the deal. Cue many more weeks of looking at houses, finding many perfect places only to find out they already had offers/were sold, trying to decide if it was at all worth it and whether I should just find somewhere to board 4 horses... but then yesterday morning I found another perfect place that had literally just been listed! Our realtor was able to give us a video tour, so we put in an offer last night which the owners accepted. So we're going out to see it on Monday and get a house inspection done. I think I'm a property owner... again :laugh: It's 40 acres so tons of space for my boys :biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Remember how we "bought" a house a while back? Well that didn't end up happening... With COVID suddenly becoming a *big deal* my dad got a bit worried about the economy so we backed out of the deal. Cue many more weeks of looking at houses, finding many perfect places only to find out they already had offers/were sold, trying to decide if it was at all worth it and whether I should just find somewhere to board 4 horses... but then yesterday morning I found another perfect place that had literally just been listed! Our realtor was able to give us a video tour, so we put in an offer last night which the owners accepted. So we're going out to see it on Monday and get a house inspection done. I think I'm a property owner... again :laugh: It's 40 acres so tons of space for my boys :biglove:
YAYYYYYYY CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Love
There’s a figs buy/sell/trade page and my entire rave is that I managed to get a pair of the burgundy scrubs :laugh:
Are the prices reasonable? I went on Poshmark the other day, and the prices for a pair of Figs were INSANE. I'm talking $100-$200 for a pair.

We went to see the place and it's AMAZING. So we're going ahead with buying it. The land space for the horses is super hilly and they're going to have so much fun playing king of the hill :laugh: Pics of the pasture only because I forgot to take pics of the house lol. I'm planning to get 3-4 goats to help eat down the brush a bit!

Checked my financial aid portal this morning, and I had a small scholarship waiting for me!! :oops: :heckyeah:

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I’ve been dreading a cross country move because of the associated costs. But I just found out that my move is being completely covered by my practice, along with all my licensing fees. Not only THAT, but I have a free place to stay when I get there, until I can find something more permanent. I have chills!!!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Drive-Thru Free Pet Food Pantry ... human medics and vetties working together as a united team!

This weekend, a group of us volunteered to help pet owners who have been adversely impacted by Covid-19 (they were laid-off, furloughed from work, etc.).

We knew plenty of pet owners were dealing with financial hardships - so we decided to do something about it, and organized a drive-thru FREE pet food pantry.

All of the pet food was donated to us by big-box pet suppliers and then inspected by the vet techs and nurses to make sure none of the food had expired, and everything was sealed and undamaged, and ready for distribution.

Then, the vets and the docs lugged everything to the curbside and began to sort the food on tables. Yup, that's right: the vet docs and the human docs did the manual labor. Dang, those big bags of dog food are heavy!

food table.jpg
free pet food1.jpg

In less than 3 hours, we distributed over 3,000 lbs of dog, puppy, cat and kitten food to pet owners. The pet owners began to line-up in the street at 6 AM. None of the pet owners exited their cars. Instead, we loaded the pet food into their cars, and then they drove away (and yes, all volunteers wore face coverings and gloves for safety).

It was a very good day for everyone! :)

cars.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 27 users
Drive-Thru Free Pet Food Pantry ... human medics and vetties working together as a united team!

This weekend, a group of us volunteered to help pet owners who have been adversely impacted by Covid-19 (they were laid-off, furloughed from work, etc.).

We knew plenty of pet owners were dealing with financial hardships - so we decided to do something about it, and organized a drive-thru FREE pet food pantry.

All of the pet food was donated to us by big-box pet suppliers and then inspected by the vet techs and nurses to make sure none of the food had expired, and everything was sealed and undamaged, and ready for distribution.

Then, the vets and the docs lugged everything to the curbside and began to sort the food on tables. Yup, that's right: the vet docs and the human docs did the manual labor. Dang, those big bags of dog food are heavy!

View attachment 309998View attachment 309999

In less than 3 hours, we distributed over 3,000 lbs of dog, puppy, cat and kitten food to pet owners. The pet owners began to line-up in the street at 6 AM. None of the pet owners exited their cars. Instead, we loaded the pet food into their cars, and then they drove away (and yes, all volunteers wore face coverings and gloves for safety).

View attachment 310000
There’s really nothing else I can say except that’s incredible, and thank you so much for doing this.

Reactions: 9 users

View attachment 310000
You’re awesome Dr. S for helping with this!!! Though, we already knew how awesome you were already :love: :love:

View attachment 310000
You are a wonderful human being

Reactions: 2 users
We put our house on the market on Saturday and just got an offer today! We only have a minor request but are probably going to accept. I hope it goes through but I'm so relieved that we might not have too long of a wait selling our house :D

Reactions: 16 users

View attachment 310000

you are so appreciated!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just worked the last ER shift of my life, and am very much looking forward to at least 3 years of not having to talk to clients at all, but hopefully it will be a lifetime of never having to talk to clients again :banana:

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I just started research in person yesterday and it was a little terrifying. It’s with pigs, which I’ve never worked with. I took this position because it was available this summer, basically, and I also know the people on the team. I have really no background in this type of research and was worried I’d feel out of my depth.

Today was very hands on and just a lot of fun. We vaccinated a ton of pigs, processed a litter, did some general pig farm stuff, and talked more about the projects we’re working on. It’s all starting to feel very comfortable and like I know what I’m doing. The skills I’ve learned from small animal tech work and goat research is translating over surprisingly well. Everyone is really nice, and I feel like it’s going to be a great thing to put on a CV down the line. I’ve been worried that my future would be in jeopardy because of losing opportunities due to COVID, but I’m really optimistic now.

Reactions: 7 users
After my summer internship was canceled, I reapplied for the fall and they just said it's mine!!!! Sooooooo excited!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
As a follow-on to the backing in to my coworker’s car saga, pretty sure I have the best husband ever. I was driving his truck and felt awful when I told him his bumper is now scratched. His response was “meh, I’ve been wanting to put off-roading bumpers on it anyways. I’m just glad no one was hurt” :love:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
It means someone also has an undergraduate or graduate degree in physics or engineering. Before the "Rocket Scientist" tag is added to your name, the SDN moderators require you to successfully solve a complex physics/aeronautical engineering problem.

I was told the "Rocket Scientist" tag had something to do with a discussion in SDN a long time ago about "which is more difficult: brain surgery or rocket science?"

How do we request this?

Engineering undergrad / certified radio technician / heavy rocketry avionics hobbyist (and certified National Association of Rocketry L2) here!

• Love
I'm finally "somewhat" anonymous on here now :) I just checked and the charge to change the username has been lifted since last time I checked!!!! Yayyyy!!!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
I'm finally "somewhat" anonymous on here now :) I just checked and the charge to change the username has been lifted since last time I checked!!!! Yayyyy!!!!
Now we've really ascended. WW nicknames are becoming permanent identifiers!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
This has proven that not all of 2020 has to be terrible.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users