RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm finally "somewhat" anonymous on here now :) I just checked and the charge to change the username has been lifted since last time I checked!!!! Yayyyy!!!!
Haha! I made a change toooooo
no why what is happening who are all of you?!

But also I kept thinking about changing my username but then just changed my real name so now my username is both more anonymous and makes even less sense...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The thing holding me back from changing is all the fun hydra/PM partner names I can currently make. Dubz doesn't lend itself to such things.

I mean, Dubz as a nicknamecurrently has to be explained so I feel like you could just do the opposite for hydras since that is less common :laugh:

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys my heart is broken, SARdines is already taken (albeit, probably without the capital letter emphasis haha)

I wanted to drop the 19 on my former name (RespectTheChemistry19) and wanted to just be RTC, but had to keep the 19 on because RTC was taken. :( (Probably by someone whose real-life initials were RTC. I gave her a name in my mind. She's Rachel Tamara Cooper and completely made-up because I have never seen someone just named RTC on the forum.)

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Jk I officially hate SDN because it won’t let me have a name that is less than three characters long:mad:

the number 3 in “3m” should count. It’s not three characters but 3 is a character

Reactions: 1 user
I am quite disconcerted by all this name changing

Mine has been overdue for a change for quite some time but I think I should leave it???? :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
How do we request this?

Engineering undergrad / certified radio technician / heavy rocketry avionics hobbyist (and certified National Association of Rocketry L2) here!
If you create a thread in the Account Help Desk forum with the subject line of "Rocket Scientist," a Moderator from SDN should be able to respond to your request for eligibility. They will also check your credentials and ask for mathematical proof that you can successfully solve a complex rocket science equation related to physics, astronautics and engineering. Good luck. :)

I JUST PLAYED WITH FERRETS AT WORK AND I THINK I WONT BE DEPRESSED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I’m very pleased with this smiley pup and the bandage art I did (maybe I should switch career fields :unsure:)
DCD79323-CFED-484B-BB26-CB5703059AC0.jpeg

EE99126F-F21B-4538-BDA2-2EDCF1183EB1.jpeg

F34C2016-B3A4-4D07-B28F-A3F297F6553E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
This is going to be a really weird rave.

Had a closed-door chat with my boss this morning.

This is one of the only times in my life I have had any disciplinary/corrective conversations privately between myself and management. Basically every other job I've worked, it has been immediate and public in front of coworkers (sometimes with some yelling +/- swearing added in), or coworkers have gossiped with the boss and know exactly what happened even if they weren't present for the conversation itself. Not only was I spared public humiliation/awkwardness, but the conversation was also super respectful and brief. Not accusatory, just a few straight facts and suggestions with it being very obvious it was being done with my best interests at heart.

Really appreciating my management and have even more respect for my boss than I did before. Is this what a non-toxic work environment is like?!

Reactions: 24 users
I got a new mattress today and I’m really hoping it will help alleviate some of my lower back pain. I was sick of feeling like my mattress didn’t support my back. I’m excited to sleep tonight :)

Kind of a rant and a rave all in one, but it ends in a rave.

Work was kinda sucky yesterday. We've had floaters all week. Floaters suck. Like, you could be a total rockstar at your job, be super on top of everything, and you still suck a little bit because you're a floater.

I worked for a whopping four hours yesterday at the end of the day and it was…not good. The floater I was with is ok half the time and just super grating the other half, and we ALWAYS fall behind when he works. I tried my best. We left a lot not done.

I worked a full shift today with my manager and we got it 100% cleaned up: cleared all queues, sorted through the out-of-stocks, put away about 50% of the warehouse order, and even managed to do waiting bin inventory and patient care calls (the latter being the bane of my existence). Plus, one patient gave us Starbucks cards and another gave us cookies.

Night and day difference.

Reactions: 5 users
We're like 90% packed for our move on Wednesday! Finally got a timeline for getting the fence up for the horses too, and a timeline of when we'll be bringing the horses out! It's all coming together but man the next few weeks will be stressful :laugh:

I got a new mattress today and I’m really hoping it will help alleviate some of my lower back pain. I was sick of feeling like my mattress didn’t support my back. I’m excited to sleep tonight :)
Update! I slept great!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Update! I slept great!!!
Yay!!!

I need to do this so bad lol every few weeks I wake up with such a sore neck I can’t move my head for days and it’s definitely cause of my mattress :laugh:

Yay!!!

I need to do this so bad lol every few weeks I wake up with such a sore neck I can’t move my head for days and it’s definitely cause of my mattress :laugh:
10/10 would recommend. While all the mattress in a box commercials were really interesting and had me sold (I really found the idea of a mattress compressed into a box super intriguing)., I was cautioned by my mom and was told to actually go and try them. I was a LITTLE skeptical because covid and people are gross. Some places had disposable sheets though.. anyways, we tried a few major furniture stores in my area. No luck and some really annoying salesmen (I’ve decided I don’t like salesmen). Finally after trying one of the stores I saw a mattress store across the street. It was small and was a mom and pop shop. Total night and day difference. They guy was older but super nice and was helpful. He also wasn’t all up in my business and staring at me while I laid there deciding if it was comfortable for my back or not. I have pretty bad scoliosis so I’m no stranger to back pain. Anyways I ended up finding a mattress I really liked. I ended with a medium firm pillow top by Serta. I like that it’s firm but not too firm. As you lay in it you kind of sink in but you still feel supported. I’m loving it

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve been having issues with my one coworker. I’m an assistant and she’s an LVT but only a few years older. While we have a somewhat friendly relationship, I always feel like she can be extra harsh towards me and almost condescending in tone. I won’t go into much detail here, but basically it makes the world of a difference when all the other techs say please and thank you when they ask you to do things and this coworker almost never does and again, is harsh in tone/bossy. So last wednesday was probably the worst and most miserable shift in my almost two weeks of being there. I had found out my dog could have cancer and could be dying (thankfully we have found more answers and will be scheduling her for surgery) so that was rough. My 97 year old grandma is at home and in hospice and declines a little more every day which is hard and stressful. My one coworker‘s husband got rear ended and crashed into two more cars that morning (thankfully he’s okay). My other coworker had gotten 3 hours of sleep and spent most of the night at the ER because her dogs had gotten into the trash and eaten cooked steak bones and she was worried about internal damage. The coworker I have issues with did not have any personal issues that day but was feeding off of everyone’s negative energy. The phones didn’t stop ringing, the doctor was behind, there were several extremely rude clients, everyone was in a bad mood. I tried my very best to hold myself together and stay positive and do my job even though all I could think about was my dog. The coworker whose husband was in an accident largely did the same. Near the end of the shift, I was yelled at for not fully setting up a cat euthanasia. I had gotten payment, laid out tissues, had proper paperwork, put out a blanket. All I forgot was the tape and catheter and basically got yelled at by the coworker I have issues with. Anyways it basically broke me. It was hard enough dealing with a euthanasia period because for all I knew my dog could be next and I couldn’t stop thinking about that. The doctor saw that as well as the coworker who had the whole car thing called me into the room to “help” with a puppy visit. Basically they were just trying to give me a break and they felt bad after witnessing what just happened. Apparently, several people called my assistant manager after the shift to relay what a terrible day it had been. The coworker who’s husband had been in the car accident apparently specifically told my assistant manager how harsh the other coworker had been on me to the point where it was almost bullying. Which it kinda was honestly. My assistant manager told me she had a few small discussions with this coworker throughout the day and will continue to follow up. It was just nice to have the support from both management and my one coworker who stood up for me even though I didn’t ask her to! I also look forward to gathering up the courage to speak with this coworker directly about our issues and having a more positive work experience overall.
Tl;dr: shoutout to one of my coworkers for standing up for me and reporting to management about how one of my other coworkers was treating me poorly since I was too much of a wuss to do it myself

Reactions: 10 users
Today I neutered a double cryptorchid cat by myself, did a really difficult extraction on another cat, and it looks like I will have me a new car next week!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I’ve been with the same engineering company for 11 years and have been looking forward to my last day since forever. But I stuck it out because $$$ and admittedly there were some cool things I worked on. Anyway, today was my last day. Felt pretty good when I handed over my badge and computer ... then burst into tears when I got to my car :smack:

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I’ve been with the same engineering company for 11 years and have been looking forward to my last day since forever. But I stuck it out because $$$ and admittedly there were some cool things I worked on. Anyway, today was my last day. Felt pretty good when I handed over my badge and computer ... then burst into tears when I got to my car :smack:
I had my last day too! Except I had only been there a year. Did you feel like you were ready to move on and it was the big next step that was kind of sad? I will miss my coworkers a lot but I also felt ready to move on.

I had my last day too! Except I had only been there a year. Did you feel like you were ready to move on and it was the big next step that was kind of sad? I will miss my coworkers a lot but I also felt ready to move on.
Definitely ready but I’ll miss my coworkers and the money. And I know I’m leaving to go do something very hard. My engineering job was my safety blanket for so long and now it’s vet med or bust!

A small rave: I’ve been on SSRIs for anxiety since February. I used to get SO NERVOUS about making phone calls... something about not being able to visually see people’s reactions to what I am saying freaks me out lol. Like all of my ability to interact with humans goes out the window. Anyway this week I’ve had to make a ton of phone calls to get things set up for the new house. And I’ve been... okay??? Like better than okay? No more stomach in knots, tripping over my words and panicking. The thought of making a phone call doesn’t make me want to curl into a ball and hide?? I LOVE DRUGS! Pharmacology is a blessing lol

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Literally had the same experience when I left the eng company I worked at for almost a decade. Sobbed in my car after handing in my badge.

It's always tough to leave a place where you had good experiences and grew a lot as a person (which I think tends to happen at companies that foster creativity and can retain employees for that long!)

Big steps... but it looks pretty darn good on the other side. Vet school is a brilliant new challenge; you'll likely move on pretty quick from your past life.

Edit: although I won't lie to you -- there are definitely moments where I already miss the money, the hours, and the vacation time. Still feel a little like crying when I think too hard about that lol

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I decided to quit my current job Friday. Updated my resume (haven't had to do that since I graduated!) and cover letter Saturday, applied to two ERs Sunday, gave notice at my job Wednesday and am scheduling paid shifts with both to test the waters as of Thursday. Eek!

I'd say I'm awesome, but I think the truth is more "everything is insane right now," - but still. Good feeling to have things falling neatly into place (so far!)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users
I forgot to post about these awesome stickers a coworker got for our staff. She ordered a bunch of colors but this is the one I picked out
D9A1A17C-086F-4A3A-A109-4A6DFA98BC1F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I forgot to post about these awesome stickers a coworker got for our staff. She ordered a bunch of colors but this is the one I picked outView attachment 313797
These are so cool!!!

I wonder if one would work on my car to avoid speeding tickets when I'm late to the hospital :thinking:

...I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

catdrive.jpg

• Haha