Re-applying to a school that interviewed me last cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038508

Hi everyone! So I applied to MD PhD programs last cycle. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get into any, and now I have chosen to re-apply for MD-only programs and pursue research on my own accord (without a PhD). My dream school last cycle did in fact interview me for their MSTP, but I was not offered admission. I was wondering if adcoms from their MD committee this coming cycle will see that I already interviewed there for MSTP, and if this would in any way affect my chances (good or bad) of being offered an interview at this school again (but for MD only). My application will definitely mention my reason for switching to MD only (in my personal statement).

My thoughts: maybe the school will like seeing my commitment to them? Maybe they will see me as already qualified for an MD interview because I was already offered one by their MSTP? Or maybe it will dampen their enthusiasm because I switched my program designation, and wasn't accepted anywhere last cycle? Or maybe they won't notice (or care) at all and my new application will be reviewed entirely independently of my previous application and outcome.

Would really appreciate anybody's thoughts. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the definitive, absolute answer: what difference does it make? Yes, they will see that you were interviewed last year. Whether they will see that as a commitment to want to go to the school or a lessening of motivation is anyone's guess But will that keep you from reapplying there?
You're right, it doesn't make any difference and nothing will keep me from re-applying there! Thanks for your reply

I ended up getting into a school this cycle that interviewed and waitlisted me last cycle !

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)