"Real Medical Doctor" vs DO, according to a practicing MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mwooster

US MD Candidate
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Came across this gem of a web site

http://www.advancedskinofoc.com/about/
Dr. Lauber is a board certified Jewish Dermatologist.
More importantly, he is a real Medical Doctor, and not an inferiorly educated or inferiorly trained DO or Osteopathic doctor.

According to Yelp, his patients love him but his "about" section on his website is a bit cringe worthy.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I saw that in preosteo. That guy's insecurity is showing. @Goro said it best, "A DO must have beaten him up, and stolen his lunch money and girlfriend in high school."

Reactions: 12 users
I'm still wondering how one gets Board certified in Jewish Dermatology.

And please, no foreskin jokes.

Which obviously will trigger a few from that Prince of Punnery, the Wizard of Wisecracks, my pal @gonnif !

More importantly, he is a real Medical Doctor, and not an inferiorly educated or inferiorly trained DO or Osteopathic doctor.

According to Yelp, his patients love him but his "about" section on his website is a bit cringe worthy.

Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At least he's an equal opportunity offender:

Also please note that my practice has not and will not ever employ Nurse practitioners or Physicians assistants ever.

Can't say I can fault him for that one.

Reactions: 9 users
"I urge you to contact me directly and privately to see if I can be of service to you and to end your suffering."

Well that seems like an extreme course of action for your average skin condition. Dude just went from superiorly trained MD of Jewish dermatology to Kevorkian of Keratin in the space of one sentence.

Reactions: 15 users
"I urge you to contact me directly and privately to see if I can be of service to you and to end your suffering."

Well that seems like an extreme course of action for your average skin condition. Dude just went from superiorly trained MD of Jewish dermatology to Kevorkian of Keratin in the space of one sentence.

Genital warts kill bro.

This office specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all skin diseases with a special emphasis on HPV related diseases of the skin. HPV takes many forms the most potentially dangerous and alarming manifestations are genital warts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Dude is a dermatologist...Too funny.

Reactions: 1 user
The lack of punctuation only underscores the urgency of his message...

Reactions: 7 users
Pretty sure this guy is fake. I looked everywhere and can't find a fellowship in Jewish Dermatology.

Reactions: 5 users
"This office specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all skin diseases with a special emphasis on HPV related diseases of the skin. HPV takes many forms the most potentially dangerous and alarming manifestations are genital warts."

Hmmmm... Or high risk HPV leading to cervical and throat cancer.

Reactions: 7 users
"This office specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all skin diseases with a special emphasis on HPV related diseases of the skin. HPV takes many forms the most potentially dangerous and alarming manifestations are genital warts."

Hmmmm... Or high risk HPV leading to cervical and throat cancer.

Don't question his superior intellect. That badge he's wearing clearly displays that he knows what he's talking about.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What step 1 score do you need to match into Jew-Derm? I think I just found my new career goal

Reactions: 3 users
I also like how he says he'll never hire a PA or NP and then describes his nurse as "having skills that will make most doctors envious". It makes me sad knowing there are actually people stupid enough to take his website seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

He also specializes almost exclusively in HPV, so... Suffering, seriously? I mean, genital warts aren't exactly some kind of crippling, debilitating disease lol.

Also, guise, look at this gem:

This office specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of COMPLEX diseases of the skin and all HPV related diseases of the skin. HPV takes many forms the most potentially dangerous and alarming manifestations are genital warts.

Which is basically a batshiat ******ed thing to say for some kind of super-genius dermatologist to say, given that genital warts are amongst the least dangerous manifestations of HPV, given that the strains that cause visible warts tend to not be the ones that cause mother****ing cancer. The more I read about him, the more I think he can't be real, but so much of his stuff seems to be real- he's like Poe's Law come to life. Who wears a "I'm a Doctor and You're Not" button in any way that isn't ironic?

Looking into his practice, it seems that he heavily preys upon those looking for HPV and wart treatments, as well as doing some acne work. Basically picks the low hanging fruit of insecure people with disposable income for the easy cash. Let's look at what his other site says:

Services: cure for genital warts, cures for genital warts, curing genital warts, do i have genital warts, freezing genital warts, genital herpes, genital wart, genital wart cure, genital wart removal, genital wart remover, genital wart treatment, genital warts, genital warts cure, genital warts diagnosis, genital warts in men, genital warts medication, genital warts men, genital warts removal, genital warts transmission, genital warts treatment, genital warts treatments, genital warts, genital warts

Business Types: Genital Warts Treatment Cure Doctor

He's a Genital Warts Treatment Cure Doctor, holy ****ing ****. Dial that respect level to 11, because he can cure HPV, which I assume he does by literally ripping every HPV infected cell from your body. Oh, and don't wait, because despite what most medically accepted thought tells you about warts generally going away on their own, he insists:

15) Male genital warts should never be neglected, and wished that they will go away soon on their own because they can get worse

You need the HPV Cure Doctor with a Degree from America that is not only a Dermatologist, but a Jewish Dermatologist. Can you trust a doctor that isn't an MD? Isn't American? Isn't Kosher? I know I can. But this guy- he's preying upon every fear anyone could possibly have about anything ever, so he can rake in those sweet greenbacks for doing as little as humanly possible. And look at this gem:

MANY DOCTORS REPORTED TO BE EXPERTS IN THIS FIELD DID NOT EVEN GO TO A MEDICAL SCHOOL LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES– and Have absolutely no formal University Medical training in DERMATOLOGY or SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES.

Yes, because only MD-granting medical schools located in the United States provide any training in derm or STDs. And one has to have gone to a US MD-granting school, or your ACGME certified dermatology training is meaningless, because ugh, no amount of proper training and board certification can make up for your no doubt inferior education.

If smug arrogance was on a Richter-style base 10 logarithmic scale, this guy would be a 10. I've never encountered, and never could believe, that such an oblivious, self-absorbed, self-important human being could exist in the field of medicine, but alas, here he is.

Reactions: 2 users
I also like how he says he'll never hire a PA or NP and then describes his nurse as "having skills that will make most doctors envious". It makes me sad know there are actually people stupid enough to take his website seriously.
It does seem like quite a possible spoof. Either way, what a schmuck. But if anyone has time and has questions for the guy, or wants to make his number available to any DO, NP, or PA students, professionals, friends, colleagues, etc., he was nice enough to post his cell phone on his website.

Last edited by a moderator:

My favorite resident is a DO and he's awesome! As for this, it's ok to post flame-worthy stuff on here, but not when it divides us. American medical school graduates ought to stick together. The dude's an idiot and probably never had his humility checked having matched derm .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
"We also have goy free Fridays!"

If you read his reviews on Yelp.

8/09/2016
"ok everyone this is a tell the truth review !!!!! just make the call you wont regret it !!!!! If you want doctor to cure you than look no further but if your looking for a nice guy to hold your hand don't go to Dr Lauber. but if you want a Dr to cure your ailment...(continues)"

9/20/2016
"ok everyone this is a tell the truth review !!!!! just make the call you wont regret it !!!!! If you want doctor to cure you than look no further but if your looking for a nice guy to hold your hand don't go to Dr Lauber. but if you want a Dr to cure your ailment...(continues)"

Something fishy is going on...

Source: https://www.yelp.com/not_recommende...-advanced-skin-treatment-center-newport-beach

My favorite resident is a DO and he's awesome! As for this, it's ok to post flame-worthy stuff on here, but not when it divides us. American medical school graduates ought to stick together. The dude's an idiot and probably never had his humility checked having matched derm .

Dos are not American medical grads as far as charting the outcomes is concerned

Screen_Shot_2016_10_17_at_11_39_30_AM.png

U.S. osteopathic medical school students/graduates

Straight from NRMP

Screen_Shot_2016_10_17_at_11_39_30_AM.png

U.S. osteopathic medical school students/graduates

Straight from NRMP

Right, DOs are included, but our statistics are reported separately from US MDs. When people on here talk about US medical grads statistically, they're talking about MDs (as opposed to IMGs or FMGs), as DOs are a separate statistical group in the charting the outcomes reports. This may change after the merger finishes, but unless all of the US med schools end up under the same accreditation/licensing groups they probably will not.

also from the website.....

Attachments

• obama care.PNG
    obama care.PNG
    256.8 KB · Views: 140
Dos are not American medical grads as far as charting the outcomes is concerned

Well, that's what they are regardless of what governing body's classify them as and in my limited experience at an MD teaching hospital they fit right in with MDs in the wards.

This guy is in Newport Beach,CA. Essentially the complete opposite of the most DO-friendly cities in the U.S. in basically every way from lifestyle to weather. What do you expect?

I say we all prank call this guy asking if he is a DO who can get rid of genital warts as we heard they are far more superior than old MDs nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
This guy is in Newport Beach,CA. Essentially the complete opposite of the most DO-friendly cities in the U.S. in basically every way from lifestyle to weather. What do you expect?
I expect a better public presence from a graduate of a Tulane residency (even if it was over 25 years ago). This doctor and his ego is anathema to everything I have learned and observed the last 4 years, both inside and outside the hospital.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

Even if the cell number is posted on a public website, please don't post it on SDN without the owner's permission. The cell information has been removed.

Thanks!

Well, that's what they are regardless of what governing body's classify them as and in my limited experience at an MD teaching hospital they fit right in with MDs in the wards.

That is all irrelevant. The term American medical grad is used by the nrmp when talking about us mds. There is no argument to be had here.

Still can't believe the phone number is still here for harassment. Are we 4chan?

Looks like he's gonna be out the door in a few years. Can't be too long for him to start thinking of retiring. This sort of thinking is dated and needs to go.

This Guy was my least favorite attending back in residency. He gives my field a bad name!

Reactions: 3 users
What do you call a cheap circumcision? A rip off. Wokka wokka wokka.

To the mods, please don't ban for this.

Reactions: 5 users