Reapplicant question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WontGiveUp90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I'm reapplying this year and I've started getting secondaries. Some of the schools I'm reapplying to have checkboxes about reapplying or have questions along the lines of "what's different about your application this year" but some don't. Do the schools that don't ask still know that you're a reapplicant? Or should I work it into my essays? Or does it not matter to them? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you applied to them before, they will know. If you've never applied to them, I don't think they explicitly know that you are a reapplicant but they may be able to infer it based on the timing of the MCAT, etc. I personally would not write about it unless specifically asked because I feel that your application should paint you in a positive light and stating that you are a reapplicant might make schools question your application.

they may be able to infer it based on the timing of the MCAT
Gap years are very common. Schools will see applicants with MCATs from all accepted years.

And agree, never mention it, OP, unless explicitly asked.

Last edited: