MD Reapplicant: What are my chances? Help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joan_of_stARCh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Maryland resident and am planning to apply to AMCAS MD schools in June. These are my stats:
sgpa: 3.71
cgpa: 3.86
MCAT: 512

I also have 12 months of research experience with one publication back when I was in undergrad. I currently work as a medical assistant so I have >2,500 hours in a clinical setting and have >100 volunteer hours as well. My LORs are stellar; I even had a couple of the doctors I work with write on my behalf.

Here's the deal though, I took the MCAT in September of 2016 and rashly decided to submit an application in October, not understanding just how much of a disadvantage I was giving myself. Only applied to five schools on the east coast and wasn't accepted anywhere except Eastern Virginia where I am currently waitlisted (among top 1/3 of list). So I am getting all my materials ready to submit on the first of June and give myself a fighting chance. I am a graduate of UMD, College Park and UMD, Baltimore is my first choice. Where else should I apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are not accepted to Eastern Virginia then consider all of these schools:
Maryland
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Georgetown
GW
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Wake Forest
NYMC
Hofstra
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
any new schools that open for 2018 (Henricopolis, Seton Hall, Roseman, etc.)
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.