Rearview Mirror: At this point we can't even see the other forums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Working later. Need a nap.

Members don't see this ad.

Fairly well. Outside of personal things going on. How have you been?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very tired right now, studied the last four hours straight...

Fairly well. Outside of personal things going on. How have you been?

Hate to hear about the personal business. Just busy on this end. Can't complain too much.

things are ok, on my end...

Hate to hear about the personal business. Just busy on this end. Can't complain too much.

That's good to hear. We should hear from you more often too!

:confused:

Are you trying to say she's bragging because she has nothing to complain about????

he sensed the fact that I am not doing much in my post... :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
politics is the only thorn in my side, currently

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0kz8MCxq6A&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

:hello: bf is asleep so I sneaked on here. He tried to compare my addiction to sdn to his gaming. Definitely not comparable.

:hello: bf is asleep so I sneaked on here. He tried to compare my addiction to sdn to his gaming. Definitely not comparable.

You're right. As someone who suffers from both, gaming is much more fun!!!!!
(plus, it improves manual dexterity, so you can count it as "practicing" for procedural stuff).

No clinic today.

No pre-cert on my MRI, so I don't get that either.

Class starts at 10, too bad I found this out AFTER I woke up...

It's a lot easier if you plan on not going :smuggrin:

Yeah, but I need to go to lecture. To learn something, the first time I'm exposed to it I need to be told it. Can't learn it reading (well, I can, but it takes longer) and PBL doesn't do crapolah for me.
Yeah, self directed learning during residency should be interesting...

Yeah, but I need to go to lecture. To learn something, the first time I'm exposed to it I need to be told it. Can't learn it reading (well, I can, but it takes longer) and PBL doesn't do crapolah for me.
Yeah, self directed learning during residency should be interesting...

I'm the same way actually, but I found out that the way the school puts things on dvd, I can listen to them at 2x speed and be done in half the time, plus I pay more attention because they aren't going too slow for me. I wish they would just talk at a normal speed... I try to get up in the morning and study while everyone is at class and go get the dvd in the evening (before dark of course) and listen to it at night. Kind of puts me a day behind unless I just go to class that last day before an exam.

I'm the same way actually, but I found out that the way the school puts things on dvd, I can listen to them at 2x speed and be done in half the time, plus I pay more attention because they aren't going too slow for me. I wish they would just talk at a normal speed... I try to get up in the morning and study while everyone is at class and go get the dvd in the evening (before dark of course) and listen to it at night. Kind of puts me a day behind unless I just go to class that last day before an exam.

You get your lectures on DVD...thats awesome.
We're trying to get the school to let us release the audio-tapes of the lectures, and that is fighting a seriously hard uphill battle against some very paternalistic people...

You get your lectures on DVD...thats awesome.
We're trying to get the school to let us release the audio-tapes of the lectures, and that is fighting a seriously hard uphill battle against some very paternalistic people...

It took several years before they posted them on Bb, but I don't know how long they have been doing the dvd's. Only thing is that they have to stay in the library, so I still have to go to school to get them.

It took several years before they posted them on Bb, but I don't know how long they have been doing the dvd's. Only thing is that they have to stay in the library, so I still have to go to school to get them.

Still, that ain't bad.

Esp since I don't even have to drive to get to school...just a short walk away (but nothing I would want to do at night).

I still hate endocrine though.

I still hate endocrine though.

I feel your pain. I spend all day yesterday doing endocrine, and now I have all the random hormones messed up in my head...

I feel your pain. I spend all day yesterday doing endocrine, and now I have all the random hormones messed up in my head...

I understand that one. Getting some of it straight now, but time will tell. School was really nice and let me postpone the final, so I am spending my spring break studying for the final. I was going to study for boards, and maybe if I learn this stuff well enough, it will count for that too.

I was looking through my bf's step 2 flash cards and decided I was better prepared for that than step 1. Just scary...lots of work ahead.

For once, hubbie (who works in academic IT) is working harder than me. He's still all abuzz with work at 0040a! What's up with that?

Hey! I got my 2-year member badge today!

Cool!

Nec fasc isn't cool. Debriding it is worse. That is all.

All I've seen of it was pictures...hoping I won't have to face it, but since I said that, it will be the first patient I see in rotations.

Another day of studying ahead of me.

working overnights all weekend. :(

Is it bad that my bf called me from the ED and held his phone our so I could hear my future, and all I could do was smile from ear to ear?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7HbqwZwRM[/YOUTUBE]

This is why I love old men! :laugh: