-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition
Started by Hard24Get
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
D
deleted109597
Obligatory "I think the match is rigged" statement of the day.
So, some applications from last year overlap with some from this year. No big deal, figure I'll get the same out of the process, since my application is "2006, one year later". Nope, completely different. Multiple programs I interviewed at last year rejecting me prior to the interview, others that rejected me last year interviewing me this year. I have now given up, and fully feel that the process comes down to this. 1. Have minimum standards, whatever they may be. 2. Flip a coin to sort out those that exceed minimum standards. 3. If someone asks nice enough, maybe revoke 1 or 2, depending on how you feel that day, how the weather is, and if that person's name is the same as anyone who ever stole your parking space/girlfriend/scone at starbucks/job.
The end.
So, some applications from last year overlap with some from this year. No big deal, figure I'll get the same out of the process, since my application is "2006, one year later". Nope, completely different. Multiple programs I interviewed at last year rejecting me prior to the interview, others that rejected me last year interviewing me this year. I have now given up, and fully feel that the process comes down to this. 1. Have minimum standards, whatever they may be. 2. Flip a coin to sort out those that exceed minimum standards. 3. If someone asks nice enough, maybe revoke 1 or 2, depending on how you feel that day, how the weather is, and if that person's name is the same as anyone who ever stole your parking space/girlfriend/scone at starbucks/job.
The end.
Obligatory "I think the match is rigged" statement of the day.
So, some applications from last year overlap with some from this year. No big deal, figure I'll get the same out of the process, since my application is "2006, one year later". Nope, completely different. Multiple programs I interviewed at last year rejecting me prior to the interview, others that rejected me last year interviewing me this year. I have now given up, and fully feel that the process comes down to this. 1. Have minimum standards, whatever they may be. 2. Flip a coin to sort out those that exceed minimum standards. 3. If someone asks nice enough, maybe revoke 1 or 2, depending on how you feel that day, how the weather is, and if that person's name is the same as anyone who ever stole your parking space/girlfriend/scone at starbucks/job.
The end.
awww..hopes it all works better for you this year!








Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feeling better today, yet have this nagging feeling I am forgetting something. I have gotten up to check the stove/oven, microwave, and toaster to make sure they are all off. They are...at least the last time I checked. But in between, I've actually been able to study some today and maybe remember a little bit.
damn.. whats up people. I havent been on this thing for a while.
damn.. whats up people. I havent been on this thing for a while.
I think some others could say the same thing. As for me, I am using it as a procrastination tool. The bad thing about typing up your own summaries is that you are on the computer all the time.
just so much goin on
just so much goin on
Ya. Finals week for me. But taking a break so I can eat some dinner.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow, seems like SDN has started sucking while I was away. 😱 What's up with all this FF stuff?
I want to jump ship myself, now....😡
Why can't we all just get along?
I want to jump ship myself, now....😡
but then I think of EM2BE, Iatros, rose, and other up and comings, and I can't do it 🙂
Hey, good luck on your interview. I'll be there in January.
aw, man, and here you come with guilt trip. Okay, okay, I'll go review U of C (canceled NW & UIC)
Read the U of C - what is this physician-scientist track? Sounds interesting, but I looked at their website and didn't find it.aw, man, and here you come with guilt trip. Okay, okay, I'll go review U of C (canceled NW & UIC)
but then I think of EM2BE, Iatros, rose, and other up and comings, and I can't do it 🙂
Thanks!
Sweet, I don't have to work until 3 tomorrow.
Had my first rectal foreign body today.
Had my first rectal foreign body today.
I mean, my first PATIENT with a rectal foreign body.
I mean, my first PATIENT with a rectal foreign body.
It was a . . . surprise! - a vibrator.
It was a . . . surprise! - a vibrator.
A big one too.
A big one too.
And he says he doesn't need it back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And he says he doesn't need it back.
He had to go to the OR.
sorry I haven't been around. Between interviews, psychiatry, and procrastinating on my residency reviews, I never got around to it
Maybe you'll have more time after all the interviews are done. But at least you are too busy with them than too busy worrying and wondering why you don't have them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 3K
from studyland. Not happy land.