Rearview mirror: The match is behind us, cure your matchitis here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
San Francisco? Gay friends? Graduate school? Sarah Silverman? Whole Foods? Sushi? Shall I go on? :laugh:

and, no, EnFuego, I'm not offended :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I blame sleepymed! :mad:

do you like em? do you like em? do you like em?? huh huh huh!

blame me all you want, but remember, hate the playa not the game ;)

I have about a thousand errands to run today!! i should go write a to-do list :p

San Francisco? Gay friends? Graduate school? Sarah Silverman? Whole Foods? Sushi? Shall I go on? :laugh:

Isn't this hilarious...One of my favorites is "Not owning a TV..so they can tell all their friends they don't own a TV." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Things White People Like #67: Standing still at concerts

So when white people go to concerts at smaller venues, what to do they do? They stand still! This is an important part of white concert going as it enables you to focus on the music, and it will prevent drawing excess attention to you. Remember, at a concert everyone is watching you just waiting for you to try to start dancing. Then they will make fun of you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Isn't this hilarious...One of my favorites is "Not owning a TV..so they can tell all their friends they don't own a TV." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

interesting, I'm planning to leave the TV with hubby until he follows me. I was looking forward to finally be able to say, "well, I don't have a TV, either!" :laugh:

Things White People Like #67: Standing still at concerts

So when white people go to concerts at smaller venues, what to do they do? They stand still! This is an important part of white concert going as it enables you to focus on the music, and it will prevent drawing excess attention to you. Remember, at a concert everyone is watching you just waiting for you to try to start dancing. Then they will make fun of you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

this is all true, though! I LOVE to make fun of people dancing while not dancing :laugh:

this is all true, though! I LOVE to make fun of people dancing while not dancing :laugh:

NOTHING..and I mean NOTHING brings my black friends more joy and laughter than watching a bunch of drunk white people dance. It's almost a spectator sport. I think they hang out with me just so I can take them places to see it.

Elaine_Dancing.gif

NOTHING..and I mean NOTHING brings my black friends more joy and laughter than watching a bunch of drunk white people dance. It's almost a spectator sport. I think they hang out with me just so I can take them places to see it.

Elaine_Dancing.gif

awwww, man, that episode was HILARIOUS!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to go to Ireland.:( I want to be an attending at UCSF (eventually) :(... can I just be you? :D

I'm going to Scotland in October. I don't want to work at UCSF though. I'd much rather work somewhere warm, with lower property values.

Getting ready to go to the gym. Decided I should shave first though...

My sister just gave me the most motivating phone call to get me to keep it up.

Also, my tax rebate this year went towards my new toy. Got a full 1080P HDTV and PS3 to play and watch DVDs. With Planet Earth Blu-Ray, it is simply stunning.

Cool... this site makes me wish I could go catch a jellyfish just to dump Vinegar on it.

No you don't. Even Chesapeake bay nettles sting like mofos, and no amount of urine, meat tenderizer, or vinegar seemed to help. I just wanted to get knocked out and wake up the next day.

No you don't. Even Chesapeake bay nettles sting like mofos, and no amount of urine, meat tenderizer, or vinegar seemed to help. I just wanted to get knocked out and wake up the next day.

Well, it says to pour ON the jelly fish to kill it! I could just see it as the Wizard of OZ witch...im melting, im melting!

FYI

Also, my tax rebate this year went towards my new toy. Got a full 1080P HDTV and PS3 to play and watch DVDs. With Planet Earth Blu-Ray, it is simply stunning.

very jealous of your TV and the blu-ray. My time will come.

I agree 100%. I got some itty bitty thing on me about 9 years ago in Florida. I saw it in the wave I was going to duck dive, stopped my forward progress, and tried to turn to avoid it...all in vain. i had a streak/scar on the left side of my rib cage and abdomen 3-4 inches wide and about a foot long for the better part of a year. And I did knock myself out, 2 benadryl will do it for me. I hate jelly fish.

I can't sleep. Lousy wisdom tooth extraction.. percocets and ibuprofen eat up my stomach

I brushed my teeth and spat out blood for the fourth day in a row

Even now, I feel the blood trickling into my mouth and down my pharnyx....

Dry socket, oh, how I fear thee!

maybe I should knock myself out with benadryl...

those jelly fish stories were funny!

Not if you were there.

yeah, I did feel a little bad chuckling. But, c'mon
anothertbmember said:
I saw it in the wave I was going to duck dive, stopped my forward progress, and tried to turn to avoid it...all in vain..... I hate jelly fish

I just got this great visual of him trying to avoid the little thing and... ok, I'm a jerk :oops:

One more down. It's so nice this time of year...things finishing up, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I remember finishing first year and wondering if I could go through all that again for a whole year again (but my first year was my second at this school because I did a masters first). Now my third year at the school is coming to a close and I'm so excited. Plus, for once, the weather is nice and I can see the sun. Even if the wind is blowing 30mph. Of course going to rain later, but I will be sleeping/drinking/sleeping, so I won't care as much.

And now that my eye has pretty much said "I quit" to me, it's about bedtime.

Make that sleep/work out/ laundry and drink / sleep. Going to be a rough night.

EM2BE, you've got to take better care of yourself!!!

yeah, I did feel a little bad chuckling. But, c'mon

I just got this great visual of him trying to avoid the little thing and... ok, I'm a jerk :oops:

Yeah, don't worry. The rest of the people there thought it was hi-fricking-larious as well. They also offered up their own urine, which I declined.

Yeah, don't worry. The rest of the people there thought it was hi-fricking-larious as well. They also offered up their own urine, which I declined.

hehe, there's this guy that tests folk legends scientifically, and he actually stung himself (or volunteers) with a jellyfish and tested whether or not urine helped. It didn't :smuggrin:

What the heck is up with your sleep schedule? :confused:

Had a little exam today that I didn't start studying for until 5p last night. Pulled an all-nighter. Hopefully now I will reset the schedule and be set for a long time.

<====== On call. 3 left for the month. :(

One more call night left as an M3. Not another one until Feb, '09 when I do my medicine month.

My Ob/Gyn residents found out I want to do EM, so they're spending their time going over O/G emergencies with me instead of giving me crap. They also let me out at 3 this afternoon. They kick @ss. :smuggrin:

I would like to reiterate that I only have 2 months of freaking surgical prelim left.
That ends up being something like, 14 more calls. I'm so sick of this schedule. I will now pass out again.

I would like to reiterate that I only have 2 months of freaking surgical prelim left.
That ends up being something like, 14 more calls. I'm so sick of this schedule. I will now pass out again.

hey, do you get any credit for all this? ie, vacation instead of surgery rotation or PGY-2 pay? just curious...

Yum, I like my dressing! :)

hey, do you get any credit for all this? ie, vacation instead of surgery rotation or PGY-2 pay? just curious...

No. Not in the slightest. Not that I'm bitter. It would be nice to get paid more. I don't even care about trauma, since I only have 4 call months first year, but still.

No. Not in the slightest. Not that I'm bitter. It would be nice to get paid more. I don't even care about trauma, since I only have 4 call months first year, but still.

hmm did you try to petition for it? :confused:

they changed the default, now my sig shows every time. Not sure that's necessary...

there, I unchecked it, but I can't do that everytime