Reasons to lose an acceptance

Started by SadAsian
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SadAsian

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After you gain an acceptance somewhere, is there any reason a medical school can rescind your acceptance besides (1) failure to meet prerequisites or (2) misdemeanor/felony/drugs/etc.

..... As in can they review the accepted students’ profiles at some point before matriculation and be like ‘ehhhh on second thought, not enough clinical hours, let’s take that acceptance back’ or ‘your letters of rec aren’t as good as we thought they were’ or ‘your undergrad gpa actually kinda sucks a little bit’


I know I’m reaching a whole different level of neuroticism but I am actually wondering. I think I’m feeling this way because I was conditionally accepted to USUHS last year and then in March did not pass the medical clearance. I apologize in advance for the eye rolls, if there are any.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After you gain an acceptance somewhere, is there any reason a medical school can rescind your acceptance besides (1) failure to meet prerequisites or (2) misdemeanor/felony/drugs/etc.

..... As in can they review the accepted students’ profiles at some point before matriculation and be like ‘ehhhh on second thought, not enough clinical hours, let’s take that acceptance back’ or ‘your letters of rec aren’t as good as we thought they were’ or ‘your undergrad gpa actually kinda sucks a little bit’


I know I’m reaching a whole different level of neuroticism but I am actually wondering. I think I’m feeling this way because I was conditionally accepted to USUHS last year and then in March did not pass the medical clearance. I apologize in advance for the eye rolls, if there are any.

USUHS is a totally different animal. Not only do you neee to be fit for med school but military service too. So don’t stress about your current acceptance.
 
1) After you gain an acceptance somewhere, is there any reason a medical school can rescind your acceptance besides (1) failure to meet prerequisites or (2) misdemeanor/felony/drugs/etc.

2) As in can they review the accepted students’ profiles at some point before matriculation and be like ‘ehhhh on second thought, not enough clinical hours, let’s take that acceptance back’ or ‘your letters of rec aren’t as good as we thought they were’ or ‘your undergrad gpa actually kinda sucks a little bit’
1) Also, (besides those mentioned above) low grades on your final required transcript from the recent year's academic cycle that weren't on the original application (which does not result in a GPA recalculation, BTW).

2) No, these examples won't happen.
 
What are the most common lies adcoms come across? I wish more of them would thoroughly check activities given the amount of BS I've seen people put down
This year's most common lies were from re-applicants who were a different race in their last application.
 
This year's most common lies were from re-applicants who were a different race in their last application.
Cycle 1’s application photo versus Cycle 2’s:
:laugh:
62483A66-3F7E-43AE-980B-48FB0D6DB33C.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
USUHS is a totally different animal. Not only do you neee to be fit for med school but military service too. So don’t stress about your current acceptance.
That doesn’t apply to any other school. Just don’t fail any classes or do anything stupid like getting arrested and you’ll be fine.


Lol I know this. I’m just saying I’ve had the feeling of an acceptance taken away from me. I knew it was possible, but it wasn’t fun. Not sure if I could tolerate that heartbreak again lol. Luckily, I’ve already graduated from college, I didn’t lie on my app, not engaging in stupid behavior, and there doesn’t seem to be any sign that adcoms re-review current applications.

Thanks for the input @everyone. Didn’t mean to open the discussion to race lol.
 
Lol I know this. I’m just saying I’ve had the feeling of an acceptance taken away from me, and it wasn’t fun. Not sure if I could tolerate that heartbreak agai. lol. Luckily, I’ve already graduated from college, I didn’t lie on my app, not engaging in stupid behavior, and there doesn’t seem to be any sign that adcoms re-review current applications.

Thanks for the input @everyone. Didn’t mean to open the discussion to race lol.

I mean, tbf that was conditional on you passing your physical. It wasn't a full acceptance. Your acceptance to a civilian school is only contingent on you not failing anything or acting like a dick bag. That's a pretty low bar to meet lol.
 
I mean, tbf that was conditional on you passing your physical. It wasn't a full acceptance. Your acceptance to a civilian school is only contingent on you not failing anything or acting like a dick bag. That's a pretty low bar to meet lol.
Lol again, I know this. Doesn’t mean I wasn’t upset that a distant history of knee injury kept me from my dream school.