Recommendation letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charlotter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Quick question--If a school requires recommendations from more than one therapist, could it be from the same location? I didn't form relationships with PTs at my inpatient setting because of the nature of their schedules (too busy, couldn't really teach or answer questions), but I have really strong relationships with an ortho clinic where I've observed for 300+ hours. Would it look bad to have two PTs from the same business write me letters?
I don't think it would look bad but it certainly wouldn't look as good and well rounded as two letters from different therapists in different settings

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If you don't think there is a good chance that anyone else will be able to give you a strong recommendation, then you don't really have a choice. Nothing looks worse than a lukewarm recommendation. Most PTs who don't know you well still know how the game is played and could massage it into shape well enough since the recommendation is a form you fill out, not a blank letter. But if the person really just doesn't know you at all, then it's probably too risky if you have another option, and I think interviewers/ADCOMs can usually tell if a letter is sincere. I didn't know any PTs really super well when I applied, and getting 2 recommendations from the PTs I shadowed was mega awkward, but in the end they were willing.

I believe that some schools specify that they want letters from different settings! So just check with each school that you want to apply to and see what their stance is

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app