Renal Fellowship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi renaldoc2be
Congratulations. where did u get the interview

Members don't see this ad.

...as the next question, I was just hesitant to say. The interview I received is at the University of Virginia. Now, anyone have any inside information?

Interview from Brighams and Mass General, Boston..Good start for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ,do we send f/u emails to places we applied to express interest.thanks in advance.

hi
applied to 65 programs and keeping my fingers crossed. how many programs have u guys applied for?:)

I am applying to 78 programs.
Anybody knows how competitive will this year be???
Thanks

I have applied to 50 programs. I am an IMG with Green Card from a community program. Have couple of poster presentations. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get some interviews.

Anyone knows if we have to register for match and what is the deadline?

Same here - fingers crossed! Applied to 56 programs. Lets see.

All the best everyone.

I think we can register for match only in January as per the NRMP schedule.
How come some programs are so quickly offering interviews

Dear nephro:
When would you expect the groos of interviews to come up??
Best

hey

got first interview .yesterday

jackson mamorial hospital ,miami

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ,I think usually in the 2nd to 4th week of December, That is what all programs are stating

hey

got first interview .yesterday

jackson mamorial hospital ,miami

Hey kidney_doc11,

Firstly Congrats. I think you are returning back for this year's match. I was wondering what you did to improve your chances for this year. Thanks for your reply.

hey guys,
any update on interviews.
any interviews from Michigan?

Hello I just joined this website and seems interesting and informative. Hopefully all of us can into fellowship programs.

Hi Kidney doc congrats on getting your interview. Do you know when are they starting interviews at Jackson. When I called they told me they haven't started looking at applications yet.

I think most so early invites are for those applicants that programs already know (working in the same programs, residency, research etc) and programs were only waiting for the ERAS to start. I may be wrong. Because I think it takes atleast 2-3 weeks to review the new applicants information. I expect by that time most interview calls. It also varies from program to program.

I've been surprised to have received 4 interviews. I don't know how some of these programs do it. Some places are really on top of things so it seems, while others at which I hope to interview haven't even downloaded yet. I guess I'm lucky because none of these programs know me. I have no nephrology fellowship at my rsidency program, but I am at a university based program. Good luck to all!

hi

i scheduled for 28 jan at jackson mamorial hospital.

good luck all

hi renaldoc2be,
can u pl tell us where u got int from, so that we will have an idea about what they are telling us.

Question for those of you guys still in Residency.
Are there many people form your programs applying to renal??, how competitive you think will be this year, last time I applied in 2003 and was very competitive, 2 interviews and nothing, I was a J1.
Any input??
Thanks

My Interviews:

1) University of Virginia
2) Ohio State
3) University of Alabama
4) Oregon Health Sciences

My Interviews so far-
Brighams and Mass general, Boston, MA
Jackson memorial, Miami
New York med college, Westchester, NY

inteview from University of Miami and Mount Sinai,Newyork.

Applied yesterday to 68 renal programs and my LoR's are still not uploaded in the ERAS PostOffice (Got receipt e-mail for all from ERAS). Any idea how long it took for the LoR's to become available for programs to download ?

I am not sure what programs do in the intervening time, do they go back and download the LoR's later ?

Just fear am not too late in the game by applying on Dec 10.

Any insights ?

Applied yesterday to 68 renal programs and my LoR's are still not uploaded in the ERAS PostOffice (Got receipt e-mail for all from ERAS). Any idea how long it took for the LoR's to become available for programs to download ?

I am not sure what programs do in the intervening time, do they go back and download the LoR's later ?

Just fear am not too late in the game by applying on Dec 10.

Any insights ?
hi
It takes atleast 2 days for efdo to upload the letters after u have applied for the first time. I dont think u are late given the fact that most programs have just begin dowloading and most of them have deferred interviews to jan-march as nephro is into match this year.
Hope this answered ur question
best of luck

Congrats to everyone who ...let's say at least heard some sort of news from some programs...either invitation or rejection.
I was curious if anybody on H1 visa received any interviews...since my eras is not displaying any messages so far, and i did apply from Dec 1st. Should we be worried?
And, i was wondering if it would be a good idea to follow-up with an e-mail or a telephone call to the programs, in case weeks go by and we don't here anything.
Anyway, holiday is on its way so...Happy Holidays everybody and hopefully each of us will get matched!:luck:

am so worried. No interviews so far for 2009 positions. What's taking them so long?

Finally first one
OHSU. I am sooooooooooooooo happy
GL to all
R2009

am so worried. No interviews so far for 2009 positions. What's taking them so long?

I wouldn't worry yet too much. I have been fortunate that I have been offered five, but then again I applied to 50 programs. There are a number of programs from my list (4 to be exact) which have not yet downloaded my application. There are probably 5-7 more who just downloaded this week. I have a feeling more will be heard after the holidays. I would assume people aer reading over applications and they might have a meeting the first week in January to discuss applicants and offer invitations to interview. I was told specifically by one program director (we were at a meeting together two weeks ago) that I shouldn't be surprised if I didn't hear from them until after January 1. Some programs treated this year just like any other in offering interviews quickly, while others are drawing things out a little bit. Just don't worry yet.

Finally first one
OHSU. I am sooooooooooooooo happy
GL to all
R2009

Curious as to what dates they gave you to interview. The offered me about 6 with the last being February 1. This seems to be one program finishing their interviews rather early.

DEC 20 21
JAN 23 30 31
FEB 1
Others are full already

I see people with GC or citizenship having no problems getting interviews...
Is anyone on H1 getting interviews? maybe they first select those without visa issues.:(

Hi all,

Just obtained interview invites from:

Kaiser LA
University of Washington

Good luck to all!:)

Hi all,
congratulations to all those who got interviews.
Sunshineflower can u tell us your credentials pl.
Anyone heard from Emory,Atlanta?

Second One at Henry Ford Detroit
GL all
R2009

So anyone have some good insight as to what the interview day is like? People around here can tell me about a few programs, but my exposure to people doing nephrology in my residency program is rather limited (I'm in a strong cardio program). I received my itinerary for one interview today and it consisted of 7 one hour interviews (each with a different faculty member including fellowship director and division chief), and a one hour lunch conference.

Confirmed my first interview today - Brown Univ, RI

Seems everything is slower this year because of the match. Hopefully more should come after the holidays.

Happy Holidays everyone!

I haven't heard anything from nephro programs....what's going on?

Dear KP
just curious I would like to know where did you interview last year and what your creds are?
Thanks
R2009

Are u from Henryford or another hospital

I am not in residency now.
I finished residency in a commun hospital in 2005 ; then moved to an underserved rural community where I am doing my J-1 visa waiver , I still have 8 months left here. I am applying for 2009
Thanks
R2009

any interviews from MI, WSU, UFM...

and any interviews from Illinois

Georgetown for me today (they mailed a letter)...still need to schedule..anyone heard from Duke,Northwestern, Jefferson, Drexel?