• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

sassypixie92

2+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone know how vmcas uses repreated courses when calculating gpa? Like do they average the grades together or do they take the highest grade or does it depend on which school you apply to?

About the Ads

Osudairy

OSU C/O 2020
Jan 14, 2016
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
It is by school and your best bet is to go on to their admissions page and look them up for the schools you are interested in
^Yup. If you do not have very many makeup courses (I.e. like 1 or 2) then it usually will affect your cumGPA minimally regardless of how they do it since you have so many credits. However, if they are in pre-req or science courses or if you have many repeated courses, you may want to look into the schools you are attending on applying to like dyachei suggested. You will also usually find what GPA calculations they use for admissions.

pinkpuppy9

Tired DVM
7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
^Yup. If you do not have very many makeup courses (I.e. like 1 or 2) then it usually will affect your cumGPA minimally regardless of how they do it since you have so many credits. However, if they are in pre-req or science courses or if you have many repeated courses, you may want to look into the schools you are attending on applying to like dyachei suggested. You will also usually find what GPA calculations they use for admissions.
But it may/may not make the OP eligible for consideration, especially if grades are replaced.

Also, if you have any failed courses, be careful about schools that average. If the average of your two attempts still isn't above the usual 2.0/C- cutoff, you will not qualify for admission to that school. I never really realized that, but it happened to a friend this cycle :(

Osudairy

OSU C/O 2020
Jan 14, 2016
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
But it may/may not make the OP eligible for consideration, especially if grades are replaced.

Also, if you have any failed courses, be careful about schools that average. If the average of your two attempts still isn't above the usual 2.0/C- cutoff, you will not qualify for admission to that school. I never really realized that, but it happened to a friend this cycle :(
Good catch, I forgot to mention about the cutoff. This is a very good point to consider.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.