This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Am I the only one who finds it strange that OP went through all this trouble to get an IRB for this and has their own name attached to this and is not coming back to address the questions here? Posting with their real name takes some guts and to me demonstrates that they're somewhat genuine. A quick google search reveals OP also has a prominent social media presence on YouTube, Tik Tok, etc. so they don't shy away from expressing their thoughts publicly. I would like to hear OP explain their rationale for the way the survey is done *instead of pandering to their followers on social media* (although they don't owe us that).
People started bashing her right out the gate rather than being constructive like some of the initial comments. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if OP decided to disengage from this post. Some people aren’t interested in going back and forth on a forum all day.

Members don't see this ad.

Legitimate research withstands criticism and doesn’t flee to a safe space with free avocado toast and nap time

Reactions: 2 users
for some reason this makes me think of amber heard vs johnny depp trial

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
But without the lines of coke for breakfast, severed finger or Amber’s leavings on Johnny’s side of the bed

Legitimate research withstands criticism and doesn’t flee to a safe space with free avocado toast and nap time
Over Your Head Dodge GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz

i do not have accounts on social media, but once I figure out how to make a tiktok, and subsequently figure out how to search OP, i may look it up out of curiosity.

Haha, nice. Just to clarify though, I made no attempts to look up OPs social media outside of copying and pasting their name into google and looking at the google previews. I wasn't even logged into my TikTok and YouTube account to see any of this. It's pretty evident from her tags what her motives are and I suspect she’s planning on applying to a competitive field and perceives this mission as complementary to her goals. She's being fairly transparent which is admirable. If the survey was drafted more neutrally (i.e. not implying guys are taken more seriously and have more opportunities while girls are perceived as nurses and sexual objects) I wouldn’t have said anything. I don’t even doubt sexism in medicine as OP surmises exists to some extent. It does. The questions are more so why/how it exists and to what extent it affects us all. By asking the questions in this way and introducing bias, you’re not getting accurate answers. Ultimately it matters because when the results are reported, as difficult as it will be for some to stomach, if this was done in a more objective way, we would at least know the results are valid. In this case they’re not and this project will just generate more noise than anything.

Last edited:
I think you are all over thinking this. OP made a burner account and posted the survey. She probably did this on every major medical student social network and hasn't even checked the thread. She likely only checks the website where the responses are logged and has no online presence on SDN.

I think you are all over thinking this. OP made a burner account and posted the survey. She probably did this on every major medical student social network and hasn't even checked the thread. She likely only checks the website where the responses are logged and has no online presence on SDN.
This is likely what happened

I mean…it’s her “research”. Quantity and exposure over substance, suppose it falls in line with what a quick Google search already reveals.