Residencies to apply for in pscyh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tourocom2008

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I am a third year looking at how many residencies I should apply to. I am from a midwestern osteopathic school and would only like to apply to residencies in the southeast (Florida, Georgia, SC, NC, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma). I have minimal connections to the region other than living in Alabama for 2 years after college (I took 4 gap years). I am applying to psychiatry. I am only planning on doing maybe one away rotation (I have a kid at home). How many programs do you all think I should apply to? I have a list of 30 down there so far (pretty much all outside very large metropolises-Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Miami, I would like to be able to afford a house). Many don't look that competitive however I am from out of town and am a DO. I did not take USMLE but got just under 600 on the comlex. Also never did any research during medical school, a little bit prior, but no papers or anything of that nature. Thank you all for the help.

Members don't see this ad.