Residency interview invites 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's dumb.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Your post is nonsense! You have no idea what it's like from the sites' side. Don't contact sites, they have work to do. Like their jobs outside of residency. They are not getting paid to provide you service. I just can't even, WTF?

I do not know how old are you or what's your experience in life outside school, but let me tell you something. If you send ONLY ONE email requesting some information from the contact person at the PGY program then you will get an answer that will relieve you stress and anxiety. From a program point of view, that shows that the student is perseverant and interested in the program not only apply for one extra program. Again, key point is one email and maybe a follow up after you get a response. When you are an RPD or a committee member you are taking some time to work on this and it is paid. With ALL RESPECT, it is a service for someone who's willing to get a 70k cut to expand their knowledge. As I said keep it professional and no need for words like WFT if you clearly can't see that the word was between " " but I apologize if it offended any one!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I do not know how old are you or what's your experience in life outside school, but let me tell you something. If you send ONLY ONE email requesting some information from the contact person at the PGY program then you will get an answer that will relieve you stress and anxiety. From a program point of view, that shows that the student is perseverant and interested in the program not only apply for one extra program. Again, key point is one email and maybe a follow up after you get a response. When you are an RPD or a committee member you are taking some time to work on this and it is paid. With ALL RESPECT, it is a service for someone who's willing to get a 70k cut to expand their knowledge. As I said keep it professional and no need for words like WFT if you clearly can't see that the word was between " " but I apologize if it offended any one!

Just to put this into perspective...preceptors often have to do their other work on top of precepting and interview stuff, so please don't overwhelm us with e-mails.

Reactions: 3 users
I also get the anxiety, but you lost me completely with the customer service bit and it made you come off as an entitled jerk, quotes or none. And now you lost me with your insinuations that I am young and/or ignorant. I don't know how old you are or your experience outside of school but if you look under my avatar, you would see that I have been on this board for 12 years and that I am a pharmacist, not a student. I have been for 9 years and I worked before going back to school. I completed a residency so I know quite well about the "pay cut" that no one forced me to take. And now I'm our site coordinator (a couple of sites in our program) and I decide who we rank and how so I know pretty well about the time involved and the amount of time I get to work on residency.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also get the anxiety, but you lost me completely with the customer service bit and it made you come off as an entitled jerk, quotes or none. And now you lost me with your insinuations that I am young and/or ignorant. I don't know how old you are or your experience outside of school but if you look under my avatar, you would see that I have been on this board for 12 years and that I am a pharmacist, not a student. I have been for 9 years and I worked before going back to school. I completed a residency so I know quite well about the "pay cut" that no one forced me to take. And now I'm the our site coordinator (a couple of sites in our program) and I decide who we rank and how so I know pretty well about the time involved and the amount of time I get to work on residency.

This forum is not about our personal differences, so I will not get into this level of discussion here. For all what I care for is that I do not want to apply to programs where the coordinator has an attitude towards applicants like you do. (I am sure you do not like mine so you also don't want to see my application either! ) For now, I need to apologize for people here for wasting their time reading the last couple of posts, I wish you all the best in your applications!

Last edited:
Our site sends out emails to those who we decline to interview in a timely manner. It's the respectful thing to do.

That being said, you can check if your application was received on Phorcas. If a program really wanted you, they likely would have contact you relatively quickly.

Reactions: 4 users

You're making a lot of assumptions for being a student... I agree that it's normal to be anxious about residency interview invites but some places get 200+ applications. Imagine being an RPD and going to your inbox and have 200 emails from overly eager students PLUS the more important work related emails. I think it's fair to give programs a good amount of time to contact you before you start sending follow up emails. I also agree whole heartedly this isn't a "customer service" issue. Hospitals are not required to have residency programs. You don't get paid extra to be an RPD or preceptor. Yes, there is a benefit of having residents but it also takes a lot of work to have a residency program. Like @spacecowgirl said, you're not required to do a residency and take a pay cut. You can feel free to go find a job and make six figures, so please don't complain about the pay cut and have a sense of entitlement about it...

Reactions: 1 user
Appreciate your input, do you think setting a deadline for the committee and setting a specific date to let applicants know (like what the match does) help with this endless debate about sending emails and anxiety?

Last edited:
anyone heard from CA Kaiser San Mateo for an on-site interview?

Our site sends out emails to those who we decline to interview in a timely manner. It's the respectful thing to do.

That being said, you can check if your application was received on Phorcas. If a program really wanted you, they likely would have contact you relatively quickly.
I agree. I think it's rude when people don't respond at all to job applications as well. Let a person know where they stand.

I received my very first in 12 years TOS violation report. Awesome.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone receive a rejection from VA Tennessee Valley? I see they sent invites out a while ago but thought I would have a rejection by now...

Anyone heard from USC acute care or id focused pgy1?

Thanks

Still waiting to hear back from:

Memorial Hermann Hospital System
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
Harris Health System
Virginia Hospital Center

Did anyone hear back from any of these programs?

I know Harris Health is having their interviews this week and next.

I couldn't get the comment function to work on the sheet, but I got an actual physical rejection letter in the mail today from Hackensack.

What's the earliest you've heard of match results being released

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

What's the earliest you've heard of match results being released

It's usually roughly 9am eastern time

In 2010 I received mine at 0856 eastern time.

Man, time flies! Good luck, kids!

I received my email at 8:10am ET I matched!!!!! So glad it's over! Lol

Reactions: 1 users
I thought they were supposed to be released at 11am central/12 est!

I didn't want to spend the whole morning screaming "MATCHED"!

I believe they send emails before the results go live on the website at 12pm ET that's what I was told and what I've seen on a few of the forums as well

To those participating in phase II, any ideas when to expect interview offers?