Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PLEASE HELP
I am hoping to do a residency or fellowship next year and want to add some credentials to my CV and hopefully before interview invitation time, ie February 08. I have really bad grades from P1 year because I was very sick, hospitalized, etc, etc. I have a whole stack of med records to prove it, and a much improved track record since. However, I need to first get invited to an interview to be able to explain that to a preceptor. I am so scared my application will be tossed out b/c of P1 grades and I want to compensate!!
In my research, I see that getting published looks really good on an application. Where do I go and what do I do to get published? Any other suggestions beyond trying to get published to help myself out? I am very well rounded, great personality, very outgoing. Every last one of my preceptors this year has told me to do a residency, and I'm making straight A's thus far. I know this is what I need to do next year I just need to get my foot in the door. Want to go to Vegas, but don't know if I can afford to, especially if I'm not going to be considered qualified. Sorry if this post sounds whinny, I don't mean it too. I'm just really stressed out and deadlines for Vegas fast approaching.
Also, where do you go to find info regarding non-accredited residencies? I'm honestly not crazy about the ultra-structured P4-year-all-over-again agenda of most PGY1's.
Thanks for all the help!
I am hoping to do a residency or fellowship next year and want to add some credentials to my CV and hopefully before interview invitation time, ie February 08. I have really bad grades from P1 year because I was very sick, hospitalized, etc, etc. I have a whole stack of med records to prove it, and a much improved track record since. However, I need to first get invited to an interview to be able to explain that to a preceptor. I am so scared my application will be tossed out b/c of P1 grades and I want to compensate!!
In my research, I see that getting published looks really good on an application. Where do I go and what do I do to get published? Any other suggestions beyond trying to get published to help myself out? I am very well rounded, great personality, very outgoing. Every last one of my preceptors this year has told me to do a residency, and I'm making straight A's thus far. I know this is what I need to do next year I just need to get my foot in the door. Want to go to Vegas, but don't know if I can afford to, especially if I'm not going to be considered qualified. Sorry if this post sounds whinny, I don't mean it too. I'm just really stressed out and deadlines for Vegas fast approaching.
Also, where do you go to find info regarding non-accredited residencies? I'm honestly not crazy about the ultra-structured P4-year-all-over-again agenda of most PGY1's.
Thanks for all the help!
