This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@2021Doctor Please do not create a separate thread for this. Moving to the residency advertisement thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
HAHAHAHAA.

Those residents are out and far away from Polk County as soon as they can. Guar-an-teed.

Maybe. Maybe not.

They probably won't be able to get a decent job anywhere else in 3-4 years so they'll stay as an attending staff there for $75/hr and a sandwich every tuesday and learn to love it

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe. Maybe not.

They probably won't be able to get a decent job anywhere else in 3-4 years so they'll stay as an attending staff there for $75/hr and a sandwich every tuesday and learn to love it

Know anything about Polk County?
I do.
(Not said in argumentative fashion).

Never heard of it

To you Florida has many meanings

To me it's the place I stood on a fire ant hill unknowingly during a family vacation at the age of 12 while posing for a family photograph and got back in the minivan with dozens of ants biting my leg

Half the time I see anything about florida I think of this

Don't claim to be a florida expert at all

Reactions: 2 users
Never heard of it

To you Florida has many meanings

To me it's the place I stood on a fire ant hill unknowingly during a family vacation at the age of 12 while posing for a family photograph and got back in the minivan with dozens of ants biting my leg

Half the time I see anything about florida I think of this

Don't claim to be a florida expert at all

Maaan. I got nailed by fire ants in my early days here, too.

I used to work in Polk County for a spell. It's bizarre. The job I had was great, though - because the other docs made it awesome. Pay was sub-par, but it was a strange setup where we had sovereign immunity thru a unique mechanism.

Then, CMG came in and ruined everything.
But if I were a young, graduating resident... no way would I want to stay anywhere nearby. In fact, I had quite the commute to get there and back and would often stay in a hotel in town.

Maaan. I got nailed by fire ants in my early days here, too.

I used to work in Polk County for a spell. It's bizarre. The job I had was great, though - because the other docs made it awesome. Pay was sub-par, but it was a strange setup where we had sovereign immunity thru a unique mechanism.

What is longer, a spell or a minute?

A minute is a fixed unit of time measuring :60 seconds in length.

Spells are of unfixed duration.

Duh.

A minute is not fixed. It is variable and can last up to 3 months.

You didn't know that? Doh.

Sometimes people put the word "hot" before minute...as if to denote that the minute has a high degree of heat or temperature. It is still unclear to me how a unit of time can be hot or cold.

Spells though...always last a defined period of time. They last usually 2 minutes, exactly.

For example. I asked the grey bearded wizard who lives to the left of me in the Bay Area about spell duration. He yacked on and on about stuff that didn't make sense. Then a beer magically appeared in my hand. Two minutes later...POOF!...it disappeared.

I said "Hey Mr. Graybeard....can you make that beer last a hot minute?"

He stroked his beard and said he needs to look that up in his spell book. He wasn't sure.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love how a spell lasts precisely two minutes, but a minute is undefined in duration.

:)
You've never had someone respond "a hot minute" when you asked how long they've had their symptoms?

I give them this weird look when they do. Sometimes I say "literally...like just one minute?"

Then they give me a weird look.

You've never had someone respond "a hot minute" when you asked how long they've had their symptoms?

I give them this weird look when they do. Sometimes I say "literally...like just one minute?"

Then they give me a weird look.

Oh, I know the term "one hot minute". I use it frequently to describe something that takes "only a moment" and is then done.

I thought you were deliberately (and in excellent fashion, I'll add) trying to make the definition of "minute" and "spell" more obscure.

TeamHealth is seeking a residency trained emergency medicine physician to join the team at Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida, just outside of Miami. In this role, enjoy working alongside a fantastic team. There is a new emergency medicine residency program coming soon! Candidates must be AOBEM or ABEM certified.
Emergency Medicine - Physician - Hialeah, Florida job with TeamHealth | 110240432

How could it possibly be good, except as job security for ivory tower admin creeps who want to sell out?

Reactions: 3 users
It’s great for team health, envision, app, usacs in the long run etc. Not so much for us doctors :)

In what universe could this be considered a good thing?!?!?!

Weird, I was just thinking how Florida needs another EM residency.

Reactions: 1 users
This seems like it's good for TeamHealth and noone else.

For those of you playing along at home, this will be south Floridas 9th residency program in the Miami/Dade/Broward metro area, along side:

University of Miami/Jackson
Mt Sinai
Kendall regional (HCA)
Aventura (HCA)
Northwest Medical (HCA)
Memorial (Teamhealth I think?)
Broward Health (Teamhealth)
Florida Atlantic University

It will make 22 residencies in all in the state.

E45199E7-6003-4D5E-81DF-E8C63D92EDD5.jpeg

• Dislike
For those of you playing along at home, this will be south Floridas 9th residency program in the Miami/Dade/Broward metro area, along side:

University of Miami/Jackson
Mt Sinai
Kendall regional (HCA)
Aventura (HCA)
Northwest Medical (HCA)
Memorial (Teamhealth I think?)
Broward Health (Teamhealth)
Florida Atlantic University

It will make 22 residencies in all in the state.

Insane. I trained in FL and when I graduated there was USF, Jax, Gainesville and Orlando. I think that was it. There were ZERO programs in Miami.

At this rate all EDs with over 50K visits will have their own residencies.

Join us for our upcoming Open Houses at Abrazo Health for interested residency candidates

Attachments

• OPEN HOUSE LETTER 2022.pdf
    195.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 3 users
No, don't do that.

Thirty new doctors started their residency this week at Sutter Roseville Medical Center and the group is making hospital history.

The doctors were given their white coats during a special ceremony. This is the second class of resident doctors for internal medicine and surgery.

But 11 of them are the first group in the emergency medicine program. They include seven from Northern California.

There are also four women in a field which is about two-thirds men. One new resident was in the military when he decided he wanted to get into medicine.

Group of new doctors starting residency at Sutter Roseville Medical Center makes history

It’s gud not enuf EM docs. mAybe sum will becum acep memberz.

- ACEP

You need to let up with these posts or at least put them in the right thread and not create a new thread every time.

Request to mods to move post to Emergency Medicine Wins!!! More Residency Positions
No I think it should continue to be separate posts. This is the number one threat to emergency medicine and is what is going to end the specialty. Needs to be front and center so people can avoid this dumpster fire

It’s ok cause on FB everyone is saying how the workforce issues dont matter and welcome to the new sheep entering the slaughterhouse.

Clown World.

It’s ok cause on FB everyone is saying how the workforce issues dont matter and welcome to the new sheep entering the slaughterhouse.

Clown World.
To be fair, most of the FB EM group is going to be close to retiring when the crunch really sets in. And there's already a little of MLM vibe from mod, so they probably do feel like this is an unqualified win.

Did 21 really get banned for that?

Mods getting kickbacks from ACEP and CMGs confirmed.

Did 21 really get banned for that?

Mods getting kickbacks from ACEP and CMGs confirmed.
I normally don't reply to these type of comments, but that was actually pretty funny.

Speaking broadly, users can sometimes accumulate so many points that any additional points can cause them to be put on hold or banned. Users accumulate points for various reasons, and not all of them involve posts made in the Emergency Medicine forum.

I normally don't reply to these type of comments, but that was actually pretty funny.

Speaking broadly, users can sometimes accumulate so many points that any additional points can cause them to be put on hold or banned. Users accumulate points for various reasons, and not all of them involve posts made in the Emergency Medicine forum.
How many points do i have? Or is that secret?