Retake credit hours don't match with original course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mriyain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I originally took organic chem as a 3 credit hour class during undergrad, and in my DIY postbacc I am retaking it at another 4-year college. However, the course I was looking at is 4 credit hours, not 3. I've seen on other threads that "The credit hours of the new class must be equal to or greater than the credit hours of the class it's replacing.", which implies that I should be fine, but I can't find a source for this on the AACOM website? Can someone tell me if this is accurate?

Members don't see this ad.

I would email them or call them personally. I have seen posts regarding this subject from some very disappointed students.

Hello! I originally took organic chem as a 3 credit hour class during undergrad, and in my DIY postbacc I am retaking it at another 4-year college. However, the course I was looking at is 4 credit hours, not 3. I've seen on other threads that "The credit hours of the new class must be equal to or greater than the credit hours of the class it's replacing.", which implies that I should be fine, but I can't find a source for this on the AACOM website? Can someone tell me if this is accurate?

I was able to replace a 3 hr with a 4 hr Org I course and know others that have as well. From speaking with others you can call and get 3 different answers, as I've not seen it officially in rules. Ultimately a lot depends on the person who just happens to be doing the verification of your transcripts.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I was able to replace a 3 hr with a 4 hr Org I course and know others that have as well. From speaking with others you can call and get 3 different answers, as I've not seen it officially in rules. Ultimately a lot depends on the person who just happens to be doing the verification of your transcripts.

Good luck!
thank you, and congrats on starting medical school this year! :)

Reactions: 1 user