retaking classes?

Started by hmarie224
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hmarie224

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering everyone's thoughts on retaking classes? I am currently debating whether or not I should retake my biochemistry class. I got a C- in the class (I had a HORRIBLE teacher, although I know that is no excuse for a bad grade). I was just going to apply to schools that didn't require biochem as a prerequisite but now I'm not sure if that is a good idea. I don't want to miss the chance of going to a good school, because I screwed up in one class. I know that they will ask you in your interviews why you retook it and everything, which I would definitely not be looking forward to. Any opinions???
 
I don't think you should retake it as long as it does not affect your overall GPA that much. If you really want to prove to them you deserve a better grade and you need to boost up your GPA, then go ahead and retake it, but make sure you get a good grade though, otherwise you will have a lot of explaining to do.