This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MERIS

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys

I already applied for this cycle with AA 19. Do you guys think it will make any difference for this cycle if I retake DAT (by the end of December) and let the schools now that I am retaking it? or it will make no difference even if I get a higher score since I already applied?
 
Faefly is right, it will help you for the next cycle but as far as this cycle I think they will only take into consideration the scores you already submitted with your application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm surprised nobody asked for your GPA. More people get into dental school with 19s and 20s than SDN suggests. If you have a solid GPA, a 19 isn't a deal breaker at all.
Dental schools look at the complete package. A lot depends on where you apply, but with a good GPA and a 19AA with no scores below a cutoff point, you have a good chance for interviews.

Good luck