This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MERIS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I already applied for this cycle with AA 19. Do you guys think it will make any difference for this cycle if I retake DAT (by the end of December) and let the schools now that I am retaking it? or it will make no difference even if I get a higher score since I already applied?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody knows the right answer, but what I think it will help you whether this cycle or the next cycle if you scored higher.

Reactions: 1 users
Faefly is right, it will help you for the next cycle but as far as this cycle I think they will only take into consideration the scores you already submitted with your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm surprised nobody asked for your GPA. More people get into dental school with 19s and 20s than SDN suggests. If you have a solid GPA, a 19 isn't a deal breaker at all.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm surprised nobody asked for your GPA. More people get into dental school with 19s and 20s than SDN suggests. If you have a solid GPA, a 19 isn't a deal breaker at all.
Dental schools look at the complete package. A lot depends on where you apply, but with a good GPA and a 19AA with no scores below a cutoff point, you have a good chance for interviews.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Dental schools look at the complete package. A lot depends on where you apply, but with a good GPA and a 19AA with no scores below a cutoff point, you have a good chance for interviews.

Good luck
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user