Ridculous Mods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Jolie South, the mod?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't really make any comments about "other posts" since I have no idea what that's about -- another reason why you should talk to mods specifically about any issues you have. None of us on this thread know the entire story, whereas a discussion with the mods means you're talking to someone who knows the history of what's going on.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by transparency? You talk a lot about "justice" and "improvement" but seriously, what SPECIFICALLY do you want to be done here? How exactly was Caesar supposed to respond when you made that post calling him ridiculous? By responding to you, he showed he was willing to talk things out -- I don't really get what extra "justice" you get that wasn't available by just talking it through with a mod.

I think we can all agree that the youtube comment was offensive. Regardless of whether or not it was your original words, they became your words when you posted it on this forum. He followed protocol and gave you a warning.

Hi bobsmith, you really have to read the previous posts, so that I dont have to retype everything that I said.

I feel that more transparency could be given. However, what is a good first step would be to mods to suggest to a user that something is inappropriate, before laying down a punishment, any punishment.

Once again, he started with, "you should know you are wrong, lots of your posts are inappropriate". Coming from a lawgiver, that itself is inappropriate.

I want transparency because I wanted to talk to Caesar HERE, and not all of you guys. I wanted to discuss it with him HERE. If its not public, little improvements can be made (hence Obama and his transparency)

As we had in a previous analogy that not even I came up with.
I have long hair, so I must have long hair.
Colgate said X, so he must have said X.

As simple as that. Drawing any further inferences, is hurtful towards my character as a person, and also more importantly, the feeling of being framed for something that I would have never intended.

Hopefully this is a good enough explanation.
I will not post in this thread any further, I realized my mistakes of using unnecessary terminology like "ridiculous" and it has affected what I really wanted to achieve tonight.

I hope that if I did waste your time, it was an enjoyable one, and I would like to direct us to my other post. A post that is truly what I want to share.

Hi bobsmith, you really have to read the previous posts, so that I dont have to retype everything that I said.

I feel that more transparency could be given. However, what is a good first step would be to mods to suggest to a user that something is inappropriate, before laying down a punishment, any punishment.

Once again, he started with, "you should know you are wrong, lots of your posts are inappropriate". Coming from a lawgiver, that itself is inappropriate.

I want transparency because I wanted to talk to Caesar HERE, and not all of you guys. I wanted to discuss it with him HERE. If its not public, little improvements can be made (hence Obama and his transparency)

As simple as that. Drawing any further inferences, is hurtful towards my character as a person, and also more importantly, the feeling of being framed for something that I would have never intended.

I will not post in this thread any further, I realized my mistakes of using unnecessary terminology like "ridiculous" and it has affected what I really wanted to achieve tonight.

I hope that if I did waste your time, it was an enjoyable one, and I would like to direct us to my other post. A post that is truly what I want to share.

You need to learn to let some things slide...I have NO IDEA how you think you're going to make it in medicine with an attitude like this. You think the interwebz is ridiculous...try real life.

Well that's a shame, I thought we were actually getting the "discussion" that you wanted. Oh well.

If I only cared only when lives are involved then I just dont care enough.

I want us to be able to discuss in peace, I want us to be able to speak our minds freely, and when misunderstandings occur, I want us to be able to discuss and resolve it without resorting to punishment immediately.

That is all.

:laugh: You are definitely nominated for tool of the year. Do you really not see that this thread is basically 4 pages of people laughing at you? Dude, this is an internet forum, not real life. Who cares? If you got banned tonight and no one ever heard from you again, nobody here would care and you'd be forgotten in a heartbeat. You've made a number of immature and cocky inflammatory posts, including many bashing DOs. There are repercussions for your actions in life. We're perfectly happy here with the way SDN is run and the job the mods are doing. Now go out and find a hobby and a girlfriend.

<---- amazed the mods have let this one go so long

CoolStoryBro23621296.jpg

cool story bro. go on a hunger strike about it.

Its not about the severity of the punishment. It is about how the punishment was laid out.

About how misunderstandings can lead to even more misunderstandings.

And how we can all improve on SDN.

um, can't we "improve" in real life?

Members don't see this ad :)
it's about time someone gave bannie a good smack in the rear.

i cant believe i wasted ten minutes reading this crap. :rolleyes:

I want in on this awesome thread before the lockout occurs. I just can't believe I took time to read most of the posts. Incoherent is the best way to put it. YAY my SN will live on in infamy forever associated with the best thread ever.!!!

Pretty sure this is a PSA for not doing drugs, kids.:smack:

This thread is the equivalent of a bomb going off. Pure win all around.

In before the :lock:

actually, I just love the dancing lock...

bannie22, this thread is hysterical. Well played. :laugh:

+1 for everything. Best distraction from class ever.

Bannie I have a suggestion.

Go the SDN donation page, and donate $50 to become a 2 year member and donor.

Then when you go insane and type things you will later regret, and are upset that such content remains as people "quote it', you can just delete the thread entirely.

Well this was an odd way for me to spend 10-15 minutes lol.

I think the reason the mods didn't touch this is because they knew it would take care of itself. They're non-involvement forced bannie to just run in circles til he got tired.

Go the SDN donation page, and donate $50 to become a 2 year member and donor.

Then when you go insane and type things you will later regret, and are upset that such content remains as people "quote it', you can just delete the thread entirely.

It's a good alterrnative to cramming your entire foot in your mouth, you know? :)

Haha, you guys really did miss a good time last night. It was hysterical.

Awesome avatar twelvetigers

:whoa: In & out before the :lock:

I agree with Sammich117, Bannie you have been very disruptive on a number of threads. This thread is an well.. juvenile to say the least. On par with a ritalin overdose. Not to be offensive, but social skills count for something online as well. Thats all I have to say. Its no surprise you dont see any of this nonsense in the senior forums. Just saying.

where is the original thread/ post that started this firestorm? :eek: Summary someone?

I am sad to report that there is NO story. What you see is what you get, haha.

Who cares? If you got banned tonight and no one ever heard from you again, nobody here would care and you'd be forgotten in a heartbeat.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q[/YOUTUBE]

sorry I couldn't help it :(

I knew bannie would implode eventually, and I'm glad that I'm able to post in the thread where it happened. He said racist stuff in another thread as well.

P.S., guys, the newest comment on the video that bannie quoted from is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.