Roll out those hazy, lazy, crazy Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. Most D.O. schools strongly recommend that you have letters of recommendation from an osteopathic physician when you apply. I do not know any D.O.'s but I want to apply to D.O. schools. Tomorrow I am meeting with a D.O. to ask questions about his experience in D.O. school as well as his practice as a D.O. physician. I would eventually like to ask him for a letter of recommendation. If he agrees does he send one to each of the schools that I am applying to when I apply (next July I guess)?

Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Taco said:
Ok. Most D.O. schools strongly recommend that you have letters of recommendation from an osteopathic physician when you apply. I do not know any D.O.'s but I want to apply to D.O. schools. Tomorrow I am meeting with a D.O. to ask questions about his experience in D.O. school as well as his practice as a D.O. physician. I would eventually like to ask him for a letter of recommendation. If he agrees does he send one to each of the schools that I am applying to when I apply (next July I guess)?

Peace.

Some schools provide evaluation forms that you can use. You can wait to find out what schools you will be applying to and then provide him with these evaluation forms as well as a stamped envelope addressed to the specific school the form is for. Or you can make his life easier and ask for one general letter of recommendation that he can send to your on-campus LOR service (if you have one) or to an outside service that collects all your letters and sends them out at your request (like Interfolio, which you have to pay for but I don't think it costs much and many students recommend it). Lastly, make sure you give him ample time to write it! Good luck :)

thanks for the response. that was helpful. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it would be okay to submit the evaluation form done by a D.O. but not send a letter? Lecom has an evaluation form that is required, but then also wants 3 letters of recommendation. should I have a do fill out the form and write me a letter? It says that LECOM requires 2 letters from science, and then one from an osteopathic physician. I am kind of confused about this, please help!:)

Hajira786 said:
Do you guys think it would be okay to submit the evaluation form done by a D.O. but not send a letter? Lecom has an evaluation form that is required, but then also wants 3 letters of recommendation. should I have a do fill out the form and write me a letter? It says that LECOM requires 2 letters from science, and then one from an osteopathic physician. I am kind of confused about this, please help!:)

For LECOM: It says that a LOR could be used in place of the reference form.

Also, if you are using forwardin services, you have to make sure that it is accepted by the schools you are applyin to. Some schools will not accept them. I know TUCOM doesn't mind, but other than that, i'm not sure what others schools.