You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rosalind Franklin BMS 2012-2013
Started by RingRoadMarket
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When I called melissa to ask whether all my materials had been received,
She said my app was in the verification process and would be up for screening tomorrow. Does screening mean the committee will be looking at it and
Making a decision? Also how r we notified - email or regular mail??
She said my app was in the verification process and would be up for screening tomorrow. Does screening mean the committee will be looking at it and
Making a decision? Also how r we notified - email or regular mail??
When I called melissa to ask whether all my materials had been received,
She said my app was in the verification process and would be up for screening tomorrow. Does screening mean the committee will be looking at it and
Making a decision? Also how r we notified - email or regular mail??
Notified by regular mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If applying with GRE scores, what kind of scores are they looking for? Anyone know from previous BMS accepted applicants?
I applied with a 1200 and got in.
Sent from my HTC PH39100
When I called melissa to ask whether all my materials had been received,
She said my app was in the verification process and would be up for screening tomorrow. Does screening mean the committee will be looking at it and
Making a decision? Also how r we notified - email or regular mail??
I think acceptances are sent regular mail but I received my waitlist status via email
Yeah guys don't stress out too much if you're waitlisted or whatever. I was accepted halfway through June last year. As stated above, a lot of people drop their acceptances as the months roll by and they get acceptances at medical schools or other SMPs which might be more suitable for them. Best of luck to you all.
When I called melissa to ask whether all my materials had been received,
She said my app was in the verification process and would be up for screening tomorrow. Does screening mean the committee will be looking at it and
Making a decision? Also how r we notified - email or regular mail??
I just called in today as well and was told that the screening process means your application is under consideration and a decision will be made between 4 to 6 weeks.
yay accepted to CMS 🙂
yay accepted to CMS 🙂
Congrats! Just dropped off my application in the mail today. 🙂
yay accepted to CMS 🙂
That's awesome, I hope to be in your spot a year from now. Do you happen to know how many people were accepted recently?
That's awesome, I hope to be in your spot a year from now. Do you happen to know how many people were accepted recently?
Not sure. Personally, I know two others that were accepted and six that were waitlisted. The accepted folks got As in CMCB/Biochem while the WL'd have at least one B. But this is a very small sample size
yay accepted to CMS 🙂
Congrats!!! I can imagine how happy you are.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many students are admitted to the program each year?
I've read between 120-150 but don't quote me.
Sent from my HTC PH39100
does anyone know how many people generally are accepted from the bms into cms?
a lot
Hey all,
I was wait-listed back in march, and I just got a package for my acceptance to RFU 🙂. After getting wait-listed, I updated my file with my MCAT score which was much better than the one that I applied with (26M --> 31Q), so I think that might have put me over...
Now, I just have to decide between RFU BMS, Loyola MAMS, or Rush's Biotech program. Any ideas on why attending RFU would be better than the other two programs??
I was wait-listed back in march, and I just got a package for my acceptance to RFU 🙂. After getting wait-listed, I updated my file with my MCAT score which was much better than the one that I applied with (26M --> 31Q), so I think that might have put me over...
Now, I just have to decide between RFU BMS, Loyola MAMS, or Rush's Biotech program. Any ideas on why attending RFU would be better than the other two programs??
Hey all,
I was wait-listed back in march, and I just got a package for my acceptance to RFU 🙂. After getting wait-listed, I updated my file with my MCAT score which was much better than the one that I applied with (26M --> 31Q), so I think that might have put me over...
Now, I just have to decide between RFU BMS, Loyola MAMS, or Rush's Biotech program. Any ideas on why attending RFU would be better than the other two programs??
Because you are almost guaranteed to get in if you perform well in the BMS program without the gap year.
Does anyone know how many people generally are accepted from the BMS into CMS?
Between 60-70% I've heard
Sent from my HTC PH39100
does anyone know how much movement there is from the waitlist? also what can we do or send in to impact the decision?
does anyone know how much movement there is from the waitlist? also what can we do or send in to impact the decision?
Based on previous posts, there's supposed to be a lot of movement from the wait-list.
I called around in March to ask about my position in the wait-list. They recommended that I submit updates that would strengthen my file to help my chances of getting accepted. However, they could not guarantee that these updates would be reviewed. Here are some possible things that could help:
- The earlier you turn/turned in your application, the better
- Updated MCAT score (I sent in my Jan MCAT score at the end of Feb, around 1-2 weeks of getting wait-listed which was higher than the one I applied with. I just got the package a few days ago, so it took about a month for them to look at it....that is if they even looked at it...)
- Update on any sub C- pre-req class that you are re-taking (Like a sort of progress report)
- *Maybe* an Addendum of some kind about any new experiences like shadowing or any extracurricular activity
This is all just speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I do remember someone from last year's BMS forum said that "showing general interest" and contacting the office about how you can improve your file could help.
Don't give up! Best of luck!
Based on previous posts, there's supposed to be a lot of movement from the wait-list.
I called around in March to ask about my position in the wait-list. They recommended that I submit updates that would strengthen my file to help my chances of getting accepted. However, they could not guarantee that these updates would be reviewed. Here are some possible things that could help:
- The earlier you turn/turned in your application, the better
- Updated MCAT score (I sent in my Jan MCAT score at the end of Feb, around 1-2 weeks of getting wait-listed which was higher than the one I applied with. I just got the package a few days ago, so it took about a month for them to look at it....that is if they even looked at it...)
- Update on any sub C- pre-req class that you are re-taking (Like a sort of progress report)
- *Maybe* an Addendum of some kind about any new experiences like shadowing or any extracurricular activity
This is all just speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I do remember someone from last year's BMS forum said that "showing general interest" and contacting the office about how you can improve your file could help.
Don't give up! Best of luck!
Thank you for the quick reply. When I call should I ask how to improve my
Individual file (should I give my name) or just ask how to improve
An app in general?
From what I remember, I never gave my name specifically nor did they look up my file. Instead, I provided my situation of re-taking a pre-req that I got a D in back in freshman year. I asked what I could do to better my chances, and the person I was speaking with recommended a progress note on that class. I was going to do that, but I didn't end up having to.
When you call, I'd suggest outlining your situation by talking about some parts of your application that could be keeping you from getting accepted. And hopefully you should get good suggestions on how to update your file. Definitely follow through on it, as it could help your chances.
Best of luck!
When you call, I'd suggest outlining your situation by talking about some parts of your application that could be keeping you from getting accepted. And hopefully you should get good suggestions on how to update your file. Definitely follow through on it, as it could help your chances.
Best of luck!
Hey everyone,
I was accepted to the BMS program and am probably going to attend in the fall! I do have a question about applying to CMS through BMS. I didn't do so great on the MCAT (28Q) and was wondering if that would affect my chances of getting into CMS? Should I retake it? Or will my application to CMS be evaluated based on my performance in BMS?
Any info would be appreciated!
I was accepted to the BMS program and am probably going to attend in the fall! I do have a question about applying to CMS through BMS. I didn't do so great on the MCAT (28Q) and was wondering if that would affect my chances of getting into CMS? Should I retake it? Or will my application to CMS be evaluated based on my performance in BMS?
Any info would be appreciated!
Hey everyone,
I was accepted to the BMS program and am probably going to attend in the fall! I do have a question about applying to CMS through BMS. I didn't do so great on the MCAT (28Q) and was wondering if that would affect my chances of getting into CMS? Should I retake it? Or will my application to CMS be evaluated based on my performance in BMS?
Any info would be appreciated!
If CMS is the only school you want to get into, then NO.
The acceptance into CMS is solely based on your performance in BMS + EC + letters.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great, thanks for the info!
I was directly accepted; got my completion email on March 28th and my acceptance letter on the 30th! I know my application was complete 3 weeks prior to the completion email because I called and asked them the week after I submitted my app, so I think they send the "your app is complete" emails a bit late.Greenivy Could I ask if you were wait listed before your acceptance or directly accepted?
has anyone been moved off the waitlist yet?
For those who want to move into woodlands apt (5 min walking distance to campus) sooner this summer...
I've got a 2 bedroom apt that I am trying to sub-let from late May to July 30th, after which you can just sign a new lease for a year.
Pm me if anyone is interested!
I've got a 2 bedroom apt that I am trying to sub-let from late May to July 30th, after which you can just sign a new lease for a year.
Pm me if anyone is interested!
Hi Guys,
Is it too late to apply? I have a sub-3.0 science and cumulative GPA and a 32 MCAT on the 3rd try. Also, finishing up BU MAMS with a 3.6. Had a lousy 2012 AMCAS, so I do not want to apply to medical school again. I'm looking for something that'll get me in without a glide year. Thanks for the feedback.
Is it too late to apply? I have a sub-3.0 science and cumulative GPA and a 32 MCAT on the 3rd try. Also, finishing up BU MAMS with a 3.6. Had a lousy 2012 AMCAS, so I do not want to apply to medical school again. I'm looking for something that'll get me in without a glide year. Thanks for the feedback.
Hi Guys,
Is it too late to apply? I have a sub-3.0 science and cumulative GPA and a 32 MCAT on the 3rd try. Also, finishing up BU MAMS with a 3.6. Had a lousy 2012 AMCAS, so I do not want to apply to medical school again. I'm looking for something that'll get me in without a glide year. Thanks for the feedback.
You can still apply now. It sucks you have to do yet another SMP after doing the BU MAMS though. It's 2 years for the MAMS correct?
Hi Guys,
Is it too late to apply? I have a sub-3.0 science and cumulative GPA and a 32 MCAT on the 3rd try. Also, finishing up BU MAMS with a 3.6. Had a lousy 2012 AMCAS, so I do not want to apply to medical school again. I'm looking for something that'll get me in without a glide year. Thanks for the feedback.
I applied in May last year and I got in.
Well, not everyone does 2 years, but the advisors recommend it. I don't want to have to apply all over again, so I don't mind doing an SMP that's somewhat guaranteed...You can still apply now. It sucks you have to do yet another SMP after doing the BU MAMS though. It's 2 years for the MAMS correct?
If my sGPA is slightly below 3.0 will that make me less of an attractive candidate? I have good EC's and clinical/volunteer experience as well as a good GRE score...
Your stats sound similar to mine and I was accepted. No pain in trying.
Sent from my HTC PH39100
I got accepted into BMS program, was wondering if anyone is thinking about staying in apartment preferably walking distance to school.... I am looking for a female roommate!!
I got accepted into BMS program, was wondering if anyone is thinking about staying in apartment preferably walking distance to school.... I am looking for a female roommate!!
Totally looking for a roommate!! When were you planning on moving.
Sent from my HTC PH39100
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone is looking to move in early I have a 2 bedroom at the Woodlands you can sublet starting June 1st. You can just pick up the lease after that for August 1st
I am thinking about moving in probably 1st week of august.
Does anyone know if they calculate GPA according to AMCAS standards or do they more or less look at the GPA on your transcript?
Has anyone heard anything recently? I just found out my application will be going through review by the end of this week, but it's been complete since the very beginning of April (so I guess there is a lag of 2 weeks before it goes to the committee for review). I don't think I'll be finding out for another 2 weeks at least. Can more people share their stats for those that are accepted/waitlisted/rejected? I just would like a better picture of where I stand.
Additionally, I feel like my stats are within the range of BMS accepted students in the past (3.2cGPA, 3.05 sGPA, 29S)...however, freshman year I did REALLY badly due to being ill prepared for the rigor of my school. I got a couple of C-s in core sciences. Could I be rejected because of those C-s??? (I know some schools won't even look at applicants with Cs or C-s in classes like intro bio). Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated! Thanks!
Additionally, I feel like my stats are within the range of BMS accepted students in the past (3.2cGPA, 3.05 sGPA, 29S)...however, freshman year I did REALLY badly due to being ill prepared for the rigor of my school. I got a couple of C-s in core sciences. Could I be rejected because of those C-s??? (I know some schools won't even look at applicants with Cs or C-s in classes like intro bio). Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated! Thanks!
They require C or higher for pre-reqs to be accepted. Says it on the coursework page of the application.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K