Rosalind Franklin Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scalpellum

SDN Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get this thread started. Let the games begin.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in this club! :) I was initiated into it the first week of December.

I was curious where people were planning on living....I live in a Chicago suburb that is 38 miles from the school, but Chicago area traffic being what it is it takes me 1.5 hours (and that is not during rush hour) one way. Soooo, I was actually considering a move....I would hate to do it though as I own this house! And I cannot rent (dog and 3 cats) :(

I just interviewed there on the 19th. No word yet; but I loved chicago and the campus in north chicago. Hopefully there will be good news to those of us who interviewed in Janurary soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Zargos said:
I just interviewed there on the 19th. No word yet; but I loved chicago and the campus in north chicago. Hopefully there will be good news to those of us who interviewed in Janurary soon!

yeah, they'll be meeting to decide on us real soon. i just interviewed there a few days ago and that is what we were told. they won't tell people over the phone anymore though, unfortunately.

for those of you who've been accepted, do you remember how long it took to receive the acceptance letter after the committee met?

hopefully i can join this thread soon. i, too, was very impressed with cms. :thumbup:

medstylee said:
yeah, they'll be meeting to decide on us real soon. i just interviewed there a few days ago and that is what we were told. they won't tell people over the phone anymore though, unfortunately.

for those of you who've been accepted, do you remember how long it took to receive the acceptance letter after the committee met?

hopefully i can join this thread soon. i, too, was very impressed with cms. :thumbup:

I called the admissions office about two days after they met to get the final decision. I received my acceptance letter about one and a half weeks later. I got accepted in early December. Good luck to you.

medstylee said:

my interview was 11/15. the committee met a little less than a month later, and i called on 12/13 and was given the good news a day after the meeting! the letter did not come for a week and a half after hearing it over the phone....i was getting nervous thinking those awful doubtful thoughts like "what if they made a mistake and told me i was accepted but i'm not” you know how that goes!

congrats guys! see you here in the fall!

hey, does anyone know if CMS.....

does a "second look" day or something like it
sends out ANY admission info before July
give any type of merit/need based scholarships on entrance

in browsing the website i have not found any info on these topics really

and, as this thread opens, i hear crickets chirping and see LONESOME tumbleweeds blowing by.......

TimmyTheWonderD said:
and, as this thread opens, i hear crickets chirping and see LONESOME tumbleweeds blowing by.......
Well, I sooooo want an interview there, so far no love :(

DesiMcatAcer said:
Well, I sooooo want an interview there, so far no love :(

this thread isn't getting any love :(

TimmyTheWonderD said:
this thread isn't getting any love :(
so does anyone know do they have lots of spots for interview left? I know they interview till April, but how many interview sessions do they have in each month and how many interviewees per session? Any other tips? thanks!

i interviewed early November and there were 11 total on my day.

Members don't see this ad :)
TimmyTheWonderD said:
i interviewed early November and there were 11 total on my day.
Thanks :)...do you happen to know if someone gets an interview there now, is it for March or April? Also, does any one know have they filled up majority of their seats or do they have majority unfilled as of now, thanks :)

I have a serious question for anyone who might know and I am not trying to start anything:

I withdrew my application from R.F. last cycle pre-secondary b/c in doing research I saw that Rosalind Franklin lost its accreditation. Have they regained their accreditation yet? I was told by admissions that this was only b/c of a lot of recent changes to the administration of the school and they were expecting to be re-accredited (sp?) soon. Thanks and congrats on getting in.

krayj36 said:
Have they regained their accreditation yet? I was told by admissions that this was only b/c of a lot of recent changes to the administration of the school and they were expecting to be re-accredited (sp?) soon. Thanks and congrats on getting in.

http://66.99.255.20/cms/

yes, they have ironed out the problem

krayj36 said:
I have a serious question for anyone who might know and I am not trying to start anything:

I withdrew my application from R.F. last cycle pre-secondary b/c in doing research I saw that Rosalind Franklin lost its accreditation. Have they regained their accreditation yet? I was told by admissions that this was only b/c of a lot of recent changes to the administration of the school and they were expecting to be re-accredited (sp?) soon. Thanks and congrats on getting in.
yeap its accredited

krayj36 said:
Good link Timmy!!! Thanks
so, did you apply there this year as well? If so, at which stage are you pre-interview, post-interview, acceptance, waitlist etc?

hey guys-

i received an interview invite this morning and am trying to figure out where i'm going to stay when i head out there. any suggestions? thanks in advance!!! are there any student hosts?

LT2 said:
hey guys-

i received an interview invite this morning and am trying to figure out where i'm going to stay when i head out there. any suggestions? thanks in advance!!! are there any student hosts?

Good luck on your interview! :luck:
When is your interview?

jzelones said:
Good luck on your interview! :luck:
When is your interview?

thanks!

it's march 2...

Mperor said:
congrats guys! see you here in the fall!

are you an Illinois resident? where are you coming from? are you going to RFU for sure?

let's all start to get to know each other!

Just a small correction. RFU never lost its accredation. It was put on a probationary status. A large reason behind this had to do with financial matters and questions over the strength of their ties to affiliated hospitals. All of these matters were patched up, and in looking at the situation, this may have lit a fire under their a$$ to really improve the school. So the improvements have been really something. So much of something, in fact, that they removed the probation after one year, which is something that almost never happens the way the story goes. Regardless... this place is on the way up.

prazmatic said:
From the class of 2009, congradulations all!! See you next fall!

do you live near by? how bad is taking the train?

Just got my acceptance! I hope chicago is ready for me!

Zargos said:
Just got my acceptance! I hope chicago is ready for me!

YEA! where will you be coming from?

TimmyTheWonderD said:
do you live near by? how bad is taking the train?

I actually live in the woodlands apts, which are literally right behind the school, just as close walking as the 'dorms' are. I never take the train, unless Im visiting my undergrad, which is only when i have at least a few days of break. Everyone here has a car, except me :(.

prazmatic said:
I actually live in the woodlands apts, which are literally right behind the school, just as close walking as the 'dorms' are. I never take the train, unless Im visiting my undergrad, which is only when i have at least a few days of break. Everyone here has a car, except me :(.

how much do those cost? (single 1 bdrm)?

Those rates are for the on-campus apartments. For reference, the woodlands is selling out and converting to condominiums for next year. I'm not sure if ALL of them are being converted or just portions. Regardless, I'm sure lots of students are going to buy them, and then rent them out. It all works. If you are wanting a place a little bit further away (7-10 minute drive) where you'll still find SOME students but not entirely students, look into "northern crossing apartments". It's not walking distance, which can be inconvenient, but I really do love my apartment. and I love having my own washer and dryer. There's another similar set up in apartments called "Forest Pointe". The only thing walking distance though is going to be the Woodlands or the on-campus ones.

From the c/o 2006 good luck.. If you have Qs PM me..

Do you think writing a letter of intent will be helpful? I really liked the school and would like to attend Ros franlklin. Anyone write one?

Hi Everybody,
After sending your check, did anybody recieve anything else from Rosalind. I am wondering about housing, finaid...etc
Let me know.

I sent my check and haven't received anything yet.
so i'm torn between rf and gw. they both have their pros and cons. what do you guys think?!

jannahz said:
I sent my check and haven't received anything yet.
so i'm torn between rf and gw. they both have their pros and cons. what do you guys think?!

They are really different from each other, so the decision is a personal choice.

It looks like I am in the same acceptance boat as some of the rest of you. For those that made the decision, maybe you could help me. It looks like it should come down to USC, Georgetown, and Rosalind Franklin. I got an offer from Jefferson to interview, and with other acceptances am trying to figure if I should accept it since they only gave me two weeks to get out there from California. Just wondering if anyone else had some advice or knew something they could share about the schools.

JJFleurat said:
It looks like I am in the same acceptance boat as some of the rest of you. For those that made the decision, maybe you could help me. It looks like it should come down to USC, Georgetown, and Rosalind Franklin. I got an offer from Jefferson to interview, and with other acceptances am trying to figure if I should accept it since they only gave me two weeks to get out there from California. Just wondering if anyone else had some advice or knew something they could share about the schools.

I can't believe that you would compare USC (or even Georgetown) to Rosalind Franklin. I would choose USC because it is located in California and it is a private school. Your choice should be between USC and Georgetown. If you are from California I would go with USC because then it would be easier to get a CA residency.

This thread is for those of us who are going to be going to Chicago Med in the summer (Yes, orientation begins July 24)....and who are anxious, but still excited!! I am a californian, but originially from outside of chicago, and for those of you who know the area (i.e. Waukegan, N. Chicago), it is the most destitute, boring place you could ever imagine yourself for 2 years...perfect for a medical school i suppose...but who cares?! it's still medical school and it's going to be awesome...let the commiserating begin...
Where ma homies at!?

heh. i like this thread already.
are u a rapper or something.
i interviewed there back in december. still waiting. i believe they will soon be making the next round of offers. anyone with info?
liked the school tho. good fit for me. fun students. plus i saw some smokin' hot ladies there so a definite draw.

JulioFly said:
This thread is for those of us who are going to be going to Chicago Med in the summer (Yes, orientation begins July 24)....and who are anxious, but still excited!! I am a californian, but originially from outside of chicago...

:D
I remember reading in the interview feedback how a lot of people at Rosalind Franklin are from California...

I'm still waiting to hear back too. Did you get a chance to see Lake Forest? Not as destitute an area as Waukegan at all! :)

JulioFly said:
This thread is for those of us who are going to be going to Chicago Med in the summer (Yes, orientation begins July 24)....and who are anxious, but still excited!! I am a californian, but originially from outside of chicago, and for those of you who know the area (i.e. Waukegan, N. Chicago), it is the most destitute, boring place you could ever imagine yourself for 2 years...perfect for a medical school i suppose...but who cares?! it's still medical school and it's going to be awesome...let the commiserating begin...
Where ma homies at!?

I'm still waiting to hear - interviewed in Jan.

About the location - I'm not sure its all that bad. There are over $1million homes just south of the school. Lake forest & Lake bluff i think. Apparantly Micheal Jordan owns a home nearby somewhere there. I would hardly call a place with over $1million real estate destitute. Boring yes. And like you said it will keep us focused for 2 years anyways.
Hope to see yall there

Cheers and good luck

Hey Guys!
Just wanted to join the incoming RFU/CMS class thread. I was accepted in February and will be attending this summer! By the way, JulioFly, how did you find out about the orientation day in July? Did they send you the info?Thanks a lot.
JulioFly said:
Where ma homies at!?

I hope I get accepted, and then I can be a homey too!!!