Rosalind Franklin Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be on campus; with a car. I'll give you a ride to six flags!

Oh for those of you that have lived on the upper floors of the on campus housing; do they have big elevators? or am I going to be luggin this couch up 4 flights of stairs?

Members don't see this ad.

Zargos said:
I'll be on campus; with a car. I'll give you a ride to six flags!

Oh for those of you that have lived on the upper floors of the on campus housing; do they have big elevators? or am I going to be luggin this couch up 4 flights of stairs?

will you give me a lift to the train station late at night? i think the last shuttle leaves @ 6pm or so :D

TimmyTheWonderD said:
will you give me a lift to the train station late at night? i think the last shuttle leaves @ 6pm or so :D

That depends on how many rollercoasters are there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get their shots updated?

Remind me never to get a tetanus shot again. Damn thing is like a chuck norris kick to the arm two days later.

i have to go and get a polio vacc titer drawn - my vacc hx got lost! :mad:

well guys, it is "D-Day" for multiple acceptances - i am sure there will be movement, and more will soon be welcomed to the RFUMS class of 2010! keep those chins up and that hope alive! :D

Zargos said:
Anyone else get their shots updated?

Remind me never to get a tetanus shot again. Damn thing is like a chuck norris kick to the arm two days later.

Yeah, I got all of mine updated (except measles/mumps/rubella). I never had to do Hep A or B so I got those started. TB is all done, and I got Mennigococcal Meninigitis as well. Pain subsided after about 4 days... :oops:

checking in for class of 2010. I'll be an M1A next year (AP this year). I'll also be community manager for building 101 (the best one! :p) next year for those of you living there.

I'll be an M2 and I'm looking for a female roommate for Woodlands. It'll be a little under $600 a month and is the nicest floor plans of the Woodlands. I WAS assigned for Building 101, but after a real tough decision I gave it up.... PM me and I'll let you in on my evaluation of the pros and cons.

For those of you who are looking into the Woodlands, send me a message, as not all apartments at the Woodlands are of the same standard. I'll give you my input on it and can give you recommendations on what to ask for. There is a reason why there is a $100+ difference in price for Phase II vs. Phase I.

Mperor said:
checking in for class of 2010. I'll be an M1A next year (AP this year). I'll also be community manager for building 101 (the best one! :p) next year for those of you living there.

Someone's counting their chickens before they have hatched huh? :confused: I hope you have 13 units of an A to spare as I heard Biochem was tough and as always Neuro will be a killer.

Good Luck! :luck:

Moniker said:
? thats a petty thing to say. lets not go that direction...

congrats everyone

Orchid, that wasn't a very nice thing to say, s/he might have 30 units of A to spare or no need for spare (I hope we are reading it wrong)

BTW how was neuro last year (a killer? what was the curve?)

Hey Moniker, best of luck on the rest of the exams and pls kill that neuro:)))

Good luck to all
daffy

Does anyone else play any sort of musical instruments? Lets start a jazz combo! This is Chicago! I'll be on alto sax.

No offense to you guys.... but last year we had a handful of students who "thought" they would make it and didn't..... nonetheless by 1 question. (the rumor was there were 8-9 students who missed the cutoff by 1 question, either biochem or neuro). I knew of a few of them, some worked hard until the end, but a lot of them were being cocky and fooled around the last quarter. I just hope there is no repeat of that situation this year.

Last year the professor for neuro was nice and gave an extra point for some students who were really close, but according to my roommate the school is also getting sued for that and they were told absolutely to not do that this year.

Ask around and maybe you'll get more info. What I heard was based on my roommates info from the rumor mill, so I cant' guarantee how accurate it is.

The case I knew specifically, packed her stuff to get ready to move into another apartment and looking forward to M1 year, and went home for the vacation, only to have to return later to pack her bags. It's really sad as she was definitely capable of making it.

My advice.... don't slack off until you know for SURE you'll be accepted. I hope he was not partying with a few of the M1's this past weekend. As far as a curve, please don't count on a curve when you are studying. Who knows what may happen, you should try your best. Last year there were PTs and PA's taking the class so it helped the curve a little bit. They are not taking it w/ the M1's this year. Just to answer the question, it was at least 6 but it could be more. It's better to just aim for what you need before a curve. It wasn't killer for me as I studied my butt off and surpassed what I needed without a curve to get in. Also, you'll be more relieved and able to party with the rest of your class Friday, instead of hanging around until late May before starting your vacation. Everybody is counting on a huge curve in Biochem because there was one last year, but remember last year's class did really well on midterms so they slacked off. A lot of the M1's I talked to this year studied hard for the final as they did bad on the midterms.

I've told this to my friend and pray I don't have to say any good byes to them this summer. And yes I've b*tched at the ones who went out this past weekend.

So AP's good luck and please dont slack off. Besides, you should be studying not on SDN (unless it's a study break) so you can continue to be an active member of this forum beyond this friday. That way you can give advice to your future classmates and continue to bond with them.

daffy said:
Orchid, that wasn't a very nice thing to say, s/he might have 30 units of A to spare or no need for spare (I hope we are reading it wrong)

BTW how was neuro last year (a killer? what was the curve?)

Hey Moniker, best of luck on the rest of the exams and pls kill that neuro:)))

Good luck to all
daffy

Members don't see this ad :)
Moniker said:
This is a strange post.

Let's not hijack the thread. Zargos, there is good jazz in Chicago - should be worth seeing perhaps?

Its not necessarily hijacking the thread =). A lot of AP's read this thread as many of them will *hopefully* be entering members of the Rosalind Franklin Class of 2010, but I can imagine some of us need to be shaken up a little bit to keep focus in this last week of finals =). Good luck to all you AP's out there. One left.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: Next year a number of your classmates will be considered M1A's. (A = advanced) as they'll have already completeled Physiology, Neuroscience, Embryology, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, and Genetics. So they're going to be probably a bunch of major slackers who only have to take Anatomy, Histo, and few other things. This may have been explained somewhere else in this thread, so apologies if I'm being redundant. I just really don't feel like studying for Neuroscience so I needed something to post about :)

Someone who understands, you must be an actual urrent cstudent at RFU. :D Good luck on Neuro, but I'm pretty sure you'll do fine as you know you still need to work hard. Good Luck nonetheless. :luck:

I heard biochem curves came out, not as great as a curve as last year, but it's pretty decent.

Orchid 209 said:
I'll be an M2 and I'm looking for a female roommate for Woodlands. It'll be a little under $600 a month and is the nicest floor plans of the Woodlands. I WAS assigned for Building 101, but after a real tough decision I gave it up.... PM me and I'll let you in on my evaluation of the pros and cons.

For those of you who are looking into the Woodlands, send me a message, as not all apartments at the Woodlands are of the same standard. I'll give you my input on it and can give you recommendations on what to ask for. There is a reason why there is a $100+ difference in price for Phase II vs. Phase I.

Someone's counting their chickens before they have hatched huh? :confused: I hope you have 13 units of an A to spare as I heard Biochem was tough and as always Neuro will be a killer.

Good Luck! :luck:

thanks for your concer. I'm fine :D

Hey guys,

Sorry to invade your thread but I'm looking to see if there is interest in having a Chicagoland SDN meetup this fall!

I'm particularly interested in knowing when your classes begin and if you would be interested in spending a night out on the town with your fellow SDNers from Chicago area med schools.

PM me if you are interested!

Thanks,

Molly (Pritzker 2010)

Orchid 209 said:
No offense to you guys.... but last year we had a handful of students who "thought" they would make it and didn't..... nonetheless by 1 question. (the rumor was there were 8-9 students who missed the cutoff by 1 question, either biochem or neuro). I knew of a few of them, some worked hard until the end, but a lot of them were being cocky and fooled around the last quarter. I just hope there is no repeat of that situation this year.

Last year the professor for neuro was nice and gave an extra point for some students who were really close, but according to my roommate the school is also getting sued for that and they were told absolutely to not do that this year.

Ask around and maybe you'll get more info. What I heard was based on my roommates info from the rumor mill, so I cant' guarantee how accurate it is.

The case I knew specifically, packed her stuff to get ready to move into another apartment and looking forward to M1 year, and went home for the vacation, only to have to return later to pack her bags. It's really sad as she was definitely capable of making it.

My advice.... don't slack off until you know for SURE you'll be accepted. I hope he was not partying with a few of the M1's this past weekend. As far as a curve, please don't count on a curve when you are studying. Who knows what may happen, you should try your best. Last year there were PTs and PA's taking the class so it helped the curve a little bit. They are not taking it w/ the M1's this year. Just to answer the question, it was at least 6 but it could be more. It's better to just aim for what you need before a curve. It wasn't killer for me as I studied my butt off and surpassed what I needed without a curve to get in. Also, you'll be more relieved and able to party with the rest of your class Friday, instead of hanging around until late May before starting your vacation. Everybody is counting on a huge curve in Biochem because there was one last year, but remember last year's class did really well on midterms so they slacked off. A lot of the M1's I talked to this year studied hard for the final as they did bad on the midterms.

I've told this to my friend and pray I don't have to say any good byes to them this summer. And yes I've b*tched at the ones who went out this past weekend.

So AP's good luck and please dont slack off. Besides, you should be studying not on SDN (unless it's a study break) so you can continue to be an active member of this forum beyond this friday. That way you can give advice to your future classmates and continue to bond with them.

thanks for the concern. Now allow me to count my chickens. Even if there is no curve in Neuro, I'm in. I didn't slack off all year and I wasn't intending to for one more exam. See you all next year. :D

Mperor said:
thanks for the concern. Now allow me to count my chickens. Even if there is no curve in Neuro, I'm in. I didn't slack off all year and I wasn't intending to for one more exam. See you all next year. :D

well done Mperor!! congrats & i'll see you in north chicago in a couple of months!!

Hello to all of you RFU'ers,

I was wondering if some of you are planning on commuting to RFU from Alinghton Heights, Mount Prospect, Prospect Heights, Buffalo Grove, ect? I will be commuting from somewhere in that area this next fall for school and would like to see if I could hook up a car pool to save on gas. I will be looking to commute from I294 up to the school, however I have not yet found an apartment.

Why? My significant other will be commuting south to Lombard for National University and this seems like somewhat of a happy medium for at least one year.

Feel free to PM me,

Luke.

Greetings fellow RFUers! Just wanted to say hey...
who's getting PSYCHED for this fall?!

I thought it might be cool to make a groooowing list of the people attending RFU starting this fall ('06). If you'd like, add your username and hometown to the list below and re-post:

I'll be at RFU this fall ('06):
chipotleaddict - Lake Zurich, IL

Chipotles are dried jalapenos!

Zargos - Sacramento, CA

I'll jump in even though I've been at RFU for a year.

Zargos - Sacramento, CA
Mperor - Ann Arbor, MI - Building 101, What!

(Hello fellow RFU students, hope you don't mind that I post this. Thanks and good luck next year!)

Room(s) / House For Rent

343 S. Kyle Drive, Waukegan, Illinois, 60085

I have a spacious 4-bedroom house available for rent in Waukegan (located 3.9 miles/7 min. from the Rosalind Franklin Campus). I am free to rent out each room to individual students or to a group of 2-4.

The house is a partially furnished 2-story house with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. Master bedroom has Full Bath & Walk-In Closet. Spacious living room & dining room are separate. Eat-in kitchen includes dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, and oven. Italian marble throughout main level. Backyard includes large patio and deck off main level. Attached 2-car Parking garage also available. This is a new neighborhood that is both family friendly and safe. There are also a number of grocery stores within walking distance.

***SEE PHOTOS***

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wauke...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

***UTILITIES INCLUDED IN RENT: Wireless Internet, Cable, Water, Electricity, Gas, Garbage ***​

Master Bedroom Size – 13 x 12 – 156 sq.ft.
$675 - $775 (Master Bedroom includes Full Bath w/2 sinks and Walk-In Closet)

2nd Bedroom Size – 12 x 10 – 120 sq. ft. - $575- $675
3rd Bedroom Size – 12 x 10 - 120 sq. ft. - $575- $675
4th Bedroom Size – 13 x 12 – 156 sq.ft.- $575- $675

House is available for rent Per Room or in its Entirety. Please call/email at 619-200-6765 ([email protected]). Thanks again for your time and good luck in your housing search!

ok, so maybe this isn't a big deal for Mperor since (s)he's already here, but i am posting this message right now from the rfu library!!!! i am in town looking at houses/jobs (job for husband, not me) and here i am!!! i am so excited, i just bought a sweatshirt & 2 t-shirts at the bookstore. and some keychains. and a couple of mugs. the cashier looked at me like i'm nuts. maybe i am, but i'm so happy to be starting rf so soon!! ok, all the merchandise isn't just for me, i wanted some souvenirs for my parents.

yey us, soon-to-be MS1ers!!!!!

Zargos - Sacramento, CA
nibrocli - bay area california

This reminds me. If anybody visits or comes up to north chicago early and wants a tour of the school or wants to get aquainted with the facilities or the surrounding area, PM me and we'll set up a time when I can give you a informal tour of the place and show you around the area. I'm here pretty much all summer :D

I just wanted to welcome you all to the family, whether you're an incoming M1 or AP (whatever they call it now...I was once one myself). You guys will enjoy your time at CMS. Good luck and enjoy the last few weeks of freedom before the real fun begins! Congrats everyone.

Dr. Will said:
.....Good luck and enjoy the last few weeks of freedom before the real fun begins!....

i am working day one of my last two today! :thumbup:
then i totally plan on being a bum for 50 days!

Mperor said:
This reminds me. If anybody visits or comes up to north chicago early and wants a tour of the school or wants to get aquainted with the facilities or the surrounding area, PM me and we'll set up a time when I can give you a informal tour of the place and show you around the area. I'm here pretty much all summer :D

Congrats, M1A :)

And congrats to everyone else who got in!

nibrocli said:
ok, so maybe this isn't a big deal for Mperor since (s)he's already here, but i am posting this message right now from the rfu library!!!! i am in town looking at houses/jobs (job for husband, not me) and here i am!!! i am so excited, i just bought a sweatshirt & 2 t-shirts at the bookstore. and some keychains. and a couple of mugs. the cashier looked at me like i'm nuts. maybe i am, but i'm so happy to be starting rf so soon!! ok, all the merchandise isn't just for me, i wanted some souvenirs for my parents.

yey us, soon-to-be MS1ers!!!!!

add Timmy to the list....

Zargos - Sacramento, CA
TimmyTheWonderD - Lombard area ;)

I was just there today! Hey, what's up? This thread has gone SILENT! My drive there today scared the crap out of me - 1.2 hrs one way (at like noon, when the traffic is not as bad as it could be) I have a feeling I am going to have to find somewhere to spend the night some days and just plain won't be going to class on others - I can't move :(

To current RFU students:

Sorry to post a random question, but I recently got accepted to RFU and have to decide between RFU and Wayne State University. I have a couple questions:

1. How good do you think the clinical locations are at RFU? Are there any specialty hospitals you can work at, or more community based and general hospitals?

2. Is there a large disconnect between the M1 and M2's on campus and the M3's and M4's scattered throughout the city during clinical years? Does this make things difficult?

3. Is there a good mix of working at suburban vs urban hospitals? Does the faculty have a strong interest in helping/representing RFU students because they do not have a main hospital, or does it seem that you are more on your own and switching to many different institutions?

4. Not to bring this up, but I know the school has made many improvements since its probation from the LCME. Despite the changes, do you feel this situation will cast a negative image on the school for quite some time, or are doctors and others you have spoken to enthusiastic about the improvements? Do you feel this could affect your future success as a doctor, or is getting into your residency more about board scores, grades and your dean's letter?

5. To refresh my memory, what was the average USMLE Step I and II scores?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. I need to make a decision fast and I want it to be the right one. I loved the facilities at RFU and everyone seemed so nice. WSU is more an urban school with specialty hospitals, and I may want to enter a specialty in peds or ob/gyne, which they are known for. Yet, I want to remain in Chicago. Please Help!

TimmyTheWonderD said:
add Timmy to the list....

Zargos - Sacramento, CA
TimmyTheWonderD - Lombard area ;)

I was just there today! Hey, what's up? This thread has gone SILENT! My drive there today scared the crap out of me - 1.2 hrs one way (at like noon, when the traffic is not as bad as it could be) I have a feeling I am going to have to find somewhere to spend the night some days and just plain won't be going to class on others - I can't move :(

Where do you drive from??

I am planning on driving from the Mount Prospect area. Taking Golf Road for 2 miles and jumping on N I-294 for 18 miles. I timed it at close to 30 min. My girlfriend is planning on driving the other way down to Lombard for National University.

Is I-294/88 really that bad going north if you have an I-pass? I thought that someone could easily travel from Lombard to North Chicago within 45 mins. The distance is close to 40 miles, however the traffic is fast (around 75MPH) going Northbound in the mornings. It is at least when your north of O'Hare.

Yes! During commuter time this highway sucks! Beware!

Lombard to N/ CHicago during commuter time, even with an Ipass, could take well over an hour, 2 if you're unlucky.

If anyone is interested in Carpooling up to N. Chicago from the Mount Prospect/ Prospect Heights/ Des Plaines area let me know. I'm looking to save some gas $$ for me as well as anyone else who is interested. Classes for me start at 8am most days and get done with lab around 3pm most days. Commute to and from this area for myself will probably cost somewhere around $10/day. (30miles at 20miles/gallon = 1.5gallons x 2ways x $3/gallon)

This should be my schedule if you MS1's are questioning times.

http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/scpm/

Thanks for your time,

Luke.

rgerwin said:
Lombard to N/ CHicago during commuter time, even with an Ipass, could take well over an hour, 2 if you're unlucky.

Is it the worst when people are driving 88/I-294 going northbound from Lombard until they reach the O'hare area where travelers jump on I-90E to go into the city. I woundn't think that traffic from the Des Plaines area going north in the morning on I-294 is that bad? I was just there this last weekend and northbound didn't seem all that bad. However, I can see South bound being bad in the morning where people are trying to get to work in the Chicago City area.

yay almost time to make my trek there from California! I'm going to go the old route 66 way and see some family on the way!

Orientation is comming up quick ladies and gents, time to get back into school mode.

Oh another question, did anyone opt to go with PLUS funding rather than ALP this year? I did and the intrest rates and deferment options seem a lot better than ALP. If you haven't looked at the information for the new funding i reccomend you do. Its a few K savings in the long run.

http://66.99.255.20/osa/financialaid/applications.cfm

Look under grad-plus.

angelMD said:
To current RFU students:

Sorry to post a random question, but I recently got accepted to RFU and have to decide between RFU and Wayne State University. I have a couple questions:

1. How good do you think the clinical locations are at RFU? Are there any specialty hospitals you can work at, or more community based and general hospitals?

2. Is there a large disconnect between the M1 and M2's on campus and the M3's and M4's scattered throughout the city during clinical years? Does this make things difficult?

3. Is there a good mix of working at suburban vs urban hospitals? Does the faculty have a strong interest in helping/representing RFU students because they do not have a main hospital, or does it seem that you are more on your own and switching to many different institutions?

4. Not to bring this up, but I know the school has made many improvements since its probation from the LCME. Despite the changes, do you feel this situation will cast a negative image on the school for quite some time, or are doctors and others you have spoken to enthusiastic about the improvements? Do you feel this could affect your future success as a doctor, or is getting into your residency more about board scores, grades and your dean's letter?

5. To refresh my memory, what was the average USMLE Step I and II scores?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. I need to make a decision fast and I want it to be the right one. I loved the facilities at RFU and everyone seemed so nice. WSU is more an urban school with specialty hospitals, and I may want to enter a specialty in peds or ob/gyne, which they are known for. Yet, I want to remain in Chicago. Please Help!

Congrats on getting in to RFU. I really believe it to be a great place to recieve a clinical education. I'll see if I can answer your questions.

1. There are a variety of hospitals to work at. Right now, we are working on developing a much tighter association with the Advocate system. These hospitals offer excellent clinical teaching. Their locations vary from urban to suburban, so you get a great range of patients. We also have our other affiliations, County and Mt. Sinai, which would be our largest urban facilities. These are places where you may not get the most didactics, but you learn A LOT by doing. For example, I'm doing anesthesia right now as a 4th year. I'm doing as many intubations as I can. Rest assured, you will get great clinical training. Word of mouth will tell you where it's better to do what.

2. I would say the only real disconnect involves the M4's and the current M1's and M2's. But I see this happening at all institutions since the M4's are scattered throughout the country. Otherwise, I thought the M1's and M2's have great relationships, and this carries over to your M3 year. I had many friends from the class above me and the class below me.

3. See #1 for the mix. The faculty is great. Occasionally you do run in to some interesting individuals, but this is no different from other schools. You don't have to switch from hospital to hospital if you do not want to. And if you do, it takes a couple of days to get used to whatever the new clerkship is anyways. But after that, you go about your daily business with no problem. I've enjoyed every single rotation at every hospital, never having any issues with the faculty. They have all been more than supportive.

4. The LCME probation was in a few words...BS. Don't listen to what anyone says about it or what you hear. It will have NO AFFECT on your career. Unfortunately, there are many who have not truly learned the details of the probation (which is completely lifted and we recently learned that we are now back on the regular schedule of re-accredidation visits). Ignorant individuals will talk about the probation, but I have yet to encounter anyone saying anything negative. The negative comments tend to come from premeds.

5. This varies from class to class. But we have generally been above the national average for Step 1. The unofficial number for my class was 221, with the national average usually hovering around 217 or 218. Step 2 tends to be a little lower. Not because of clinical training, but mainly because it depends on when you take it. Half the class will take it late in their 4th year, depending on how well they did on Step 1. If you did really well on step 1, you may wait till after the interview season because a score lower than step 1 could hurt you. These people tend to bring the average down since they don't study as hard (it correlates with how late in the year you take it).

Hope this helps.

doclm said:
Is it the worst when people are driving 88/I-294 going northbound from Lombard until they reach the O'hare area where travelers jump on I-90E to go into the city. I woundn't think that traffic from the Des Plaines area going north in the morning on I-294 is that bad? I was just there this last weekend and northbound didn't seem all that bad. However, I can see South bound being bad in the morning where people are trying to get to work in the Chicago City area.

For whatever reason, Chicago has a strange traffic issue. It tends to be heavier in the morning northbound (away from Chicago) and heavier southbound in the evenings towards the city.

Dr. Will said:
For whatever reason, Chicago has a strange traffic issue. It tends to be heavier in the morning northbound (away from Chicago) and heavier southbound in the evenings towards the city.

Traffic is always better when you have someone to call on the way home
;) :D :clap:

Dr. Will said:

That is strange :confused:

Hey guys,

I think i ll be at RFU this coming fall doing the new AP program (BMS program).

Any insights into the school? Nice housing?

I havent visited the school yet so I m not so sure about the atmosphere of the school. Is there fun stuff to do around the campus? Nice restaurants? Things to do on the weekend? Any other schools near by?

NRAI2001 said:
Hey guys,

I think i ll be at RFU this coming fall doing the new AP program (BMS program).

Any insights into the school? Nice housing?

I havent visited the school yet so I m not so sure about the atmosphere of the school. Is there fun stuff to do around the campus? Nice restaurants? Things to do on the weekend? Any other schools near by?

Not really.

That's why I lived in Evanston last year and I will be living in Downtown this upcoming year. My wife took one look at North Chicago and said 'No way'. But from the 99.5% of students that live near campus, people manage and form a sense of community. There's places in Vernon Hills, Gurnee, and other suburbs nearby that are nicer. Of course downtown is just a train ride away on weekends if you want to get away. I take the Metra everyday so it's what you make of it. Good luck and see you on campus.

doclm said:
Where do you drive from??

I am planning on driving from the Mount Prospect area. Taking Golf Road for 2 miles and jumping on N I-294 for 18 miles. I timed it at close to 30 min. My girlfriend is planning on driving the other way down to Lombard for National University.

Is I-294/88 really that bad going north if you have an I-pass? I thought that someone could easily travel from Lombard to North Chicago within 45 mins. The distance is close to 40 miles, however the traffic is fast (around 75MPH) going Northbound in the mornings. It is at least when your north of O'Hare.

i drive from glen ellyn, and i don't use the tollways/highways - one word - construction!!!!

so, i make my way to either 83 or 53 and move around from there depending on what traffic is like.

How is North Chicago? Nice? Sorry for badgering you guys with this question.

Is it clean? Nice places to eat? Nice housing? Bars and clubs and other fun things to do?

NRAI2001 said:
How is North Chicago? Nice? Sorry for badgering you guys with this question.

Is it clean? Nice places to eat? Nice housing? Bars and clubs and other fun things to do?

North Chicago and Waukegan are pretty ghetto. Vernon Hills and Libertyville and nice, and Lake Forest and Lake Bluff are beyond nice - they are like, crazy mansions and stuff. If you can get a copy of the Lake Forest (I beleive at RFU library or at the Lake Forest library) you can check the classifieds for apartments in Lb/LF. They are available, but not widely advertised. A quaint little one bedroom above the cute shops downtown will run you $800-$1000. there. That's my reccomendation.

As far as fun, plan on going into Chicago for bars and such. Not too much up north, although Vernon Hills has the usual mall/chain restaurants/movie theaters, and Lincolnshire is nice for that too.

scrubbedin said:
North Chicago and Waukegan are pretty ghetto. Vernon Hills and Libertyville and nice, and Lake Forest and Lake Bluff are beyond nice - they are like, crazy mansions and stuff. If you can get a copy of the Lake Forest (I beleive at RFU library or at the Lake Forest library) you can check the classifieds for apartments in Lb/LF. They are available, but not widely advertised. A quaint little one bedroom above the cute shops downtown will run you $800-$1000. there. That's my reccomendation.

As far as fun, plan on going into Chicago for bars and such. Not too much up north, although Vernon Hills has the usual mall/chain restaurants/movie theaters, and Lincolnshire is nice for that too.

Cool, thanks buddy... that was kinda what i was wondering. Doesnt have to be spectacular, just some place nice and clean.

How far is lake forest from the campus? How are the areas around the campus?