Rosalind Franklin Master's Biomedical Sciences Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvmed&ba6eekh

ba6eekh = watermelon
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever done it or heard anything about it?

Plus I read this on the website, but not sure exactly what it means:

"Students enrolled in the Biomedical Science Program (BMS) will have opportunities to interact with students enrolled in the allopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, basic science, and heath profession programs. This unique learning environment is useful for both graduate and professional schools in evaluating promising candidates. Admission to another school or program at Rosalind Franklin University is independent of a student’s performance in or completion of the Master’s in Biomedical Sciences Program. BMS students must apply to other programs or schools at Rosalind Franklin University in the same manner as all other applicants. However, a student enrolled in the Biomedical Sciences Program who applies to a program within Rosalind Franklin University will be granted an admissions interview with that program or school."

So would that put anyone enrolled in the program at an advantage if they were to apply to MD school at RFU? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I've been accepted to go there this fall. This and other programs like it are for people with lower GPAs that need the opportunity to prove they can handle med-school level coursework. You can show admissions committees that you're getting As in med school level coursework to try and help you get in. There's more about these types of programs in the post-bac forum.

they actually take a couple of the md classes with us. usually they have their own curve if they need it. i know quite a few people in it that applied to med schools this year and got in.