Roseman University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I called them today and they said they are still interviewing. When did they start reviewing your application?
Can you tell me what number you used to call them? I haven't been able to reach them. You can PM me if you want

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any new acceptances today?
I imagine that they may not give out new acceptances on Fridays since those are the days they typically hold interviews. I am basing this off the previous posts in this thread. I could also be very wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a rejection email. Congratulations to all that made it in and good luck to those still waiting!
i’m sorry to hear! i wish you the best of luck with other schools. did they reject you after the interview?

[QUOTE="iQUOTE]

Thank you! I interviewed on 1/29 and heard back today. If you’d like to hear more about my stats then you can always PM me

Last edited:
Got the acceptance call today! Early afternoon call from the Dean of Students. Wishing you all good vibes for your calls to roll in soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Got a waitlist email this afternoon... interviewed 1/15

Anyone have any idea how long the waitlist is? And if people waitlisted on 12/15 have heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea how long the waitlist is? And if people waitlisted on 12/15 have heard anything yet?
i had my interview in nov and have been on the waitlist since 12/15. haven't heard anything back since then. i've sent them two update emails which they replied to but i'm not sure about whether or not people on the waitlist are moving.

i had my interview in nov and have been on the waitlist since 12/15. haven't heard anything back since then. i've sent them two update emails which they replied to but i'm not sure about whether or not people on the waitlist are moving.
Thanks for your reply! The wait continues... talk about delayed gratification lol

I interviewed 1/29 and just got waitlisted.
How did you sign your official waitlist letter? I can’t find it
I can’t find the letter as well! Has anyone been able to access the waitlist letter?

I can’t find the letter as well! Has anyone been able to access the waitlist letter?
Yes, click on “here” in your waitlist email. It will direct you to the portal. Use the same login credentials when you submitted the supplemental. Hope this helps!

I interviewed in November and have been on the waitlist since 12/15 And haven’t heard anything back yet

How would you compare Roseman to Univ Utah? You know anything about the other school?
I’m a current D4 at U of Utah. Probably late to the comment. The vibe is not cut throat—they really encourage collaboration. When you go to U of U, you are in sim lab the first week of school cutting preps. You start going to clinic your second year, most of the time to assist but you are able to see patients (you can self refer or ask upper class men to give you some patients). Your third year is usually when they start to trust you with complex patients. I know while I’ve been in school Roseman decided to not teach their students amalgams and then they had to over-correct and hurry and teach them before they graduated. It definitely seems more like a business than an educational organization. However, we all get to the same end goal.

I interviewed 1/29 and just got waitlisted.
How did you sign your official waitlist letter? I can’t find it
There is a link on the word "here" in the email. It takes you to the Roseman portal and you can fill it out

When does Roseman stop conducting interviews?
Typically late March is the last interview. I think there are only a couple more interview days left, assuming this year is like previous years.
I’m not sure if the waitlist will start moving much before they have the last interview day.

Reactions: 2 users
I received a waitlist email yesterday (2/5/21) at 3:56 PM PST. I interviewed on 1/22/21.

I’m a current D4 at U of Utah. Probably late to the comment. The vibe is not cut throat—they really encourage collaboration. When you go to U of U, you are in sim lab the first week of school cutting preps. You start going to clinic your second year, most of the time to assist but you are able to see patients (you can self refer or ask upper class men to give you some patients). Your third year is usually when they start to trust you with complex patients. I know while I’ve been in school Roseman decided to not teach their students amalgams and then they had to over-correct and hurry and teach them before they graduated. It definitely seems more like a business than an educational organization. However, we all get to the same end goal.
I’ve heard it said that Roseman is largely what you make of it; meaning, if you WANT to leave early and put in minimal effort, it is relatively easy but can still get by. Or you can put in the work and graduate very prepared for real world dentistry. Would this be accurate? What are your thoughts?

I’ve heard it said that Roseman is largely what you make of it; meaning, if you WANT to leave early and put in minimal effort, it is relatively easy but can still get by. Or you can put in the work and graduate very prepared for real world dentistry. Would this be accurate? What are your thoughts?
I think this last year has been crazy for everyone. I would also say that dental school like anything else is what you make of it. That being said there are definitely people that are only on campus when required, and leave as soon as possible. There are others who are there all day everyday, volunteering in the emergency/surgery clinics on their days off and they are the ones who quickly build trust with the attending doctors and are given more opportunities to progress. I’d imagine you find something similar in any school.

I received an interview invite yesterday 2/5. The only date they had was 2/19!

I received an interview invite yesterday, too. I chose 2/19 but there was also a date in mid March available. For those who have interviewed and received an acceptance, any advice/tips?

I think this last year has been crazy for everyone. I would also say that dental school like anything else is what you make of it. That being said there are definitely people that are only on campus when required, and leave as soon as possible. There are others who are there all day everyday, volunteering in the emergency/surgery clinics on their days off and they are the ones who quickly build trust with the attending doctors and are given more opportunities to progress. I’d imagine you find something similar in any school.
Well said, thank you so much!

I received an interview invite yesterday, too. I chose 2/19 but there was also a date in mid March available. For those who have interviewed and received an acceptance, any advice/tips?
The actual interview portion felt soooo fast! It is one faculty and 2 students, each asking maybe 2 questions each. Very conversational!

I scheduled mine on the 19th as well. Good luck!!!!

As someone whose been on both sides of those interviews, the key is to be yourself. It's easier said than done with all that rides on those 20 or so minutes that you have face to face with representatives of the school. Just remember that if they invited you for an interview, then your stats are good enough. What they are looking for is 1) do you have the drive and determination to succeed both in school and in a career in dentistry, 2) can see themselves working with you for the next 4 years as instructors and for the rest of your career as a colleague.
IMO if you can engage with all members of the interviewing team and have a 'real' conversation with them, you are well on your way.
If you want more specific tips feel free to PM me.

As someone whose been on both sides of those interviews, the key is to be yourself. It's easier said than done with all that rides on those 20 or so minutes that you have face to face with representatives of the school. Just remember that if they invited you for an interview, then your stats are good enough. What they are looking for is 1) do you have the drive and determination to succeed both in school and in a career in dentistry, 2) can see themselves working with you for the next 4 years as instructors and for the rest of your career as a colleague.
IMO if you can engage with all members of the interviewing team and have a 'real' conversation with them, you are well on your way.
If you want more specific tips feel free to PM me.
Thank you!

Does anyone know what type of interview does Roseman usually do? Is it open file and one-on-one? Or is it different for each student? Are they going to send us any further information about that? Because I only got the confirmation e-mail and my interview is next week :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what type of interview does Roseman usually do? Is it open file and one-on-one? Or is it different for each student? Are they going to send us any further information about that? Because I only got the confirmation e-mail and my interview is next week :rolleyes:
From my interview, it seemed to be open file w/ 1 faculty + 2 students. I think the latter is consistent with all interviews. Also, I think all interviews land on Fridays and they should send you more info the Wednesday before!

From my interview, it seemed to be open file w/ 1 faculty + 2 students. I think the latter is consistent with all interviews. Also, I think all interviews land on Fridays and they should send you more info the Wednesday before!
Oh okay! Thank you very much!!

For anyone who submitted a letter of interest which email did you send it to ??

Question: if we've completed the Certiphi background check for one school in December, then got accepted to Roseman in January (with intent to attend Roseman), would Certiphi just use that same background check report, or would I have to pay (again!!) for a second background check? Side note... I paid the deposit at Roseman, and submitted preliminary signed paperwork, but haven't received anything from Certiphi... So I am wondering maybe I wont get anemail from Certiphi, but instead, it'll just get sent to Roseman automatically? I'm just trynna get it done before the deadline...

What number did you end up calling? Whenever I call it just says the office is closed since they are working remote

I loved the energy from the staff and the other applicants!! I’m actually glad it was so in depth because I really understood the intentions of the school.

Reactions: 2 users