Roseman University College of Pharmacy - Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are referencing other ppls experience on this forum. I know pharmacy is supposed to have only a 5% increase as far as the job market over the next 5-7 years (dont quote me on the exact time frame). But it’s good to know whoever’s forum posts can speak for the career field w/n the whole country. Thanks for the useful advice. Hopefully spreading this good word makes ppl turn to being nurses or doing something else they are completely uninterested in.
It's actually 6% for the next 10 years according to BLS (it's in my post you quoted. Did you even check my linked sources?). Also if you read my post, I also said it's only happening in certain regions for now (as indicated by my links), not the whole country. So now you know two things:
1) There is only 6% job increase for the next 10 years (equals to only new 1740 jobs per year, while there are ~15,000 new grads per year)
2) Certain areas are starting to cut wages to $50/hr, 32 hrs weekly or less. (Not the whole country I know)
Putting two and two together and using your knowledge of laws of supply and demand, what is your prediction for what will happen? Will salaries remain the same everywhere else or will wage decreases spread across the country and continue downward?

I'm not telling people to do something they're completely uninterested in. I just don't want people to graduate with unreasonable debt-to-income ratios. Heck when salaries do drop to $80k/year, that is still a great salary if you have no debt. But if you have to put yourself in +$200k debt to only make that much then it's just crazy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Thought I'd mention something that happened to me today. I was at supermarket with my wife. We stopped by the pharmacy and the pharmacy manager was the one helping my wife. I asked if he had any advice for someone starting a PharmD program. It turns out he was a Roseman graduate, and he was excited that I was going (we'd only been talking about 2 minutes at that time). He offered some advice, which was kind of him, and we continued to talk. After a few more minutes he asked if I had was a pharm tech, or if I was able to get my pharmacy student license yet. Neither, was my answer. He told me when I start at Roseman, and got the "student license" to talk to him and he'd love to train me, and possibly give me a job as a student. He told me if I made a good impression, "You never know what could happen when you graduate." He said he had 2 offers when he graduated. Now I'm not trying to brag, but that's actually the 2nd "offer" I'd had like that. Obviously, there are no guarantees, and who knows what will happen down the road. But he then told me something I was told by the other offer as well. He said his company was actually always hiring, but they have found its hard to find the right people. Basically he said if they are going to pay people 6 figures, they want them to earn it. Just having the degree isn't enough. I've spent the last 7 years as a manager (in other fields) I can't say I disagree with that in any way.

I know we are all adults here, and I'm just preaching to the choir, but I thought this might be worth sharing... If its obnoxious, feel free to ignore ;)

Reactions: 6 users
is there anyone that did the winter/fall academic pharmcas update? I updated grades for my last few courses, resubmitted the transcript entry and updated my application back at the home page and didn't get a confirmation email my application was updated. I don't know if they just don't send confirmation emails for transcript updates or what. Has anyone updated grades since acceptance and gotten a confirmation email from pharmcas?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is there anyone that did the winter/fall academic pharmcas update? I updated grades for my last few courses, resubmitted the transcript entry and updated my application back at the home page and didn't get a confirmation email my application was updated. I don't know if they just don't send confirmation emails for transcript updates or what. Has anyone updated grades since acceptance and gotten a confirmation email from pharmcas?

Thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot about doing my academic update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

OMG YOU ARE SO WELCOME!!! I would hate for someone to be in mid/end of feb and forget to send in their final transcripts! I got an email that my transcripts were received but not a confirmation my application had been resubmitted. Maybe im just being obsessive.

let me know if you get any type of confirmation from pharmcas.

I just found out that Krystal is leaving Roseman. Found that rather interesting. I'm a little curious as to why Roseman's admissions counselor changes rather frequently

In talking with her it was due family quality of life and wanting to spend more time with her kids.

In talking with her it was due family quality of life and wanting to spend more time with her kids.

Ok. I'm happy for her then. I imagine that's an extremely demanding job, especially at this time of year...

She left on Nov 30.

There is a new replacement or stand in already did you need that contact?

It looks like they updated their website w/ a new admission email. I wanted to check to see if they received my updated application bc pharmcas hasnt sent any confirmation. I’ll wait until after the holidays.

I was told I am not being considered for an interview at this time (back in October) but this might change later in the application process. Ive gotten into a couple of other programs but I'm hoping to get in because this school is my top choice.:boom:

I was told I am not being considered for an interview at this time (back in October) but this might change later in the application process. Ive gotten into a couple of other programs but I'm hoping to get in because this school is my top choice.:boom:
Hang in there. You never know what will happen. And its always nice to have other options, just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am currently a P1 at Roseman Henderson Campus. I hope you guys all had a fantastic Christmas & Happy early New Years. I remember when I use to live off of this website after submitting my applications and it was a little rough/frustrating when my questions got ignored or when I did not know who to go to when I had questions. Feel free to contact me for any general questions, concerns, housing, etc and Ill try to get back to you in a timely manner & with the best of my knowledge. Good Luck everyone! Email: [email protected]

Hey everyone, I’m super nervous going into the interview this Friday and I was wondering you guys could help me out.

For the people who have already interviewed, do you guys have any pointers?? How was the day set up? How was the interview(s) set up? What questions did they ask you?

Ty!!

Reactions: 4 users
The day was pretty easy. You check in and receive a folder with your interview time (you go in groups). You do a little meet and greet with everyone by playing a little game with fun facts about each other. Then they take you to a classroom and they talk to you. At the end of the talk, they will have do 5 logic questions (really simple) and also write a quick essay on a quote that they will supply. After that you wait for your interview, and take a tour of the building.

My advice is have fun and talk to the professors that are roaming around. They have some great stories .

Hey everyone, I’m super nervous going into the interview this Friday and I was wondering you guys could help me out.

For the people who have already interviewed, do you guys have any pointers?? How was the day set up? How was the interview(s) set up? What questions did they ask you?

Ty!!

Relax and be yourself. They have your application as you are being interviewed so it seemed to me the questions were driven by that. I had alot of leadership experience so alot of my questions were based on how i performed during those times. Dont be afraid to throw a joke in there to relax the mood. Once I made them laugh I felt more comfortable.

STAY AWAY FROM ROSEMAN UNIVERSITY FOR ANY OF YOUR CAREER INTERESTS!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your input. Would you care to elaborate on the pharmacy program? It seems as though you have experience with the pharmacy and dental program since you have commented the same stuff on the dental thread. I have known 3 Roseman pharmacy graduates to get jobs with no problem (outside of Nevada) and only 1 of them being in retail. It seems as though every accelerated school has these "nasty" reputations. I would like to hear your experience.

Did this person delete their comment? I can’t find the original on the thread.

Thank you for your input. Would you care to elaborate on the pharmacy program? It seems as though you have experience with the pharmacy and dental program since you have commented the same stuff on the dental thread. I have known 3 Roseman pharmacy graduates to get jobs with no problem (outside of Nevada) and only 1 of them being in retail. It seems as though every accelerated school has these "nasty" reputations. I would like to hear your experience.

let me know if you get any type of confirmation from pharmcas.

I finally got my confirmation email from PharmCAS that they processed my transcripts. Probably took extra long because my school is super slow at processing requests...

Yes they must have. They left like 5 messages

Yeah I saw those messages and ignored them. When I looked at that person's profile, the account was brand new so I just figured he or she was a troll.

I finally got my confirmation email from PharmCAS that they processed my transcripts. Probably took extra long because my school is super slow at processing requests...

I just got the email that said my academic update has been verified. Fingers crossed I get off the wait list Roseman is my top choice! Lol either campus at this point in time. I just want to be able to make plans for the next year instead of being in limbo

The day was pretty easy. You check in and receive a folder with your interview time (you go in groups). You do a little meet and greet with everyone by playing a little game with fun facts about each other. Then they take you to a classroom and they talk to you. At the end of the talk, they will have do 5 logic questions (really simple) and also write a quick essay on a quote that they will supply. After that you wait for your interview, and take a tour of the building.

My advice is have fun and talk to the professors that are roaming around. They have some great stories .
Did you get accepted at the Henderson campus?

I called and asked if Roseman offered research opportunities or ANYTHING to cut tuition costs and I was disappointed to hear that they don’t. It seems like everything I look at for scholarships is for MD and nursing. I’m stressing a little bit about the financial side.
I wonder if it will be possible to work while in the program.

Reactions: 1 user
I called and asked if Roseman offered research opportunities or ANYTHING to cut tuition costs and I was disappointed to hear that they don’t. It seems like everything I look at for scholarships is for MD and nursing. I’m stressing a little bit about the financial side.
They were talking about increasing the tuition this year. Is that true?

I asked them (a few people) about working part time. And every one of them made it sound like it was impossible. They implied that everyone who has tried has quit their job or failed.

Omg I hope not. The website says 2019-2020 and it’s written on the site so I don’t think it can be changed until the following year. But I certainly hope it doesn’t change... unless it goes down.

The tuition increases every year. They recently updated the tuition for the 2019-2020 school year already. I was told they post the updates in Jan and review FASFA info/send out financial aid (loans) offers in Feb.

I remembered when I asked the students that gave our tour everyone lives off loans... some take out the max every year. I was like oh ok :oops: I cant imagine what the max is if the tuition is 55-57k a year.

I think I remember from the interview them saying the Henderson campus had about 145 seats and 80 seats for the South Jordan campus. does anyone know how many students per class it is? Idk how many seats there are at public universities but I am just curious to know the class size comparison of private vs public schools.

I doubt they would change what they told us during our interview day. Basically tuition was about $54 grand per year and with the student loans along with interest, we’d basically be owing around $170,000 total give or take a few thousands depending on the loan amount we decide to agree on. But for sure next class of 2023 it might go up a bit. I remember when I first looked at the school website tuition back in 2012 and it was around $46 grand.

I doubt they would change what they told us during our interview day. Basically tuition was about $54 grand per year and with the student loans along with interest, we’d basically be owing around $170,000 total give or take a few thousands depending on the loan amount we decide to agree on. But for sure next class of 2023 it might go up a bit. I remember when I first looked at the school website tuition back in 2012 and it was around $46 grand.

I seem to recall that if you borrowed only for tuition and school expenses your end up owing about $175k or so. But if you borrow for all living expenses, you'd end up owing like $250K+ I'm trying not to even think about this since I haven't even been accepted yet. I know denial is foolish but I'm working full-time now to save up some money. I guess that's one of the perks of Henderson? Cheaper cost of living? Lol I wouldn't know, I live in Hawaii which is crazy expensive

I seem to recall that if you borrowed only for tuition and school expenses your end up owing about $175k or so. But if you borrow for all living expenses, you'd end up owing like $250K+ I'm trying not to even think about this since I haven't even been accepted yet. I know denial is foolish but I'm working full-time now to save up some money. I guess that's one of the perks of Henderson? Cheaper cost of living? Lol I wouldn't know, I live in Hawaii which is crazy expensive

Lol yes that was one of the major selling points for me about Roseman. Cost of living is much more affordable than California and tuition is comparable. I’m still finishing up my prerequisites so I can’t work full time which is a total bummer. I don’t remember them giving the total loan amount during the interview. However, $175k is less than my calculation of $190k so I’m ok with that!

UOP here in CA is over $210k JUST from tuition and fees. I can’t even believe people go there when Roseman is just next door, $45k cheaper and living is cheaper. Boggles my mind.

UOP here in CA is over $210k JUST from tuition and fees. I can’t even believe people go there when Roseman is just next door, $45k cheaper and living is cheaper. Boggles my mind.
isn't UOP also 4 years? Roseman is 3 years, which is one year less, so if you think about it. Theoretically, you can pay your loan up to a half (minimum), by working after 3 years at Roseman, in comparison to that 1 years extra if you go to a 4 year program. So overall, Roseman is still a good program to go to, not just it's faster but it's also cheaper in a long run, if you think of it in a much broader and long term period.

isn't UOP also 4 years? Roseman is 3 years, which is one year less, so if you think about it. Theoretically, you can pay your loan up to a half (minimum), by working after 3 years at Roseman, in comparison to that 1 years extra if you go to a 4 year program. So overall, Roseman is still a good program to go to, not just it's faster but it's also cheaper in a long run, if you think of it in a much broader and long term period.

UOP is a three year program. I think that’s why CA residents are so drawn to it. But all your points are valid for three vs four year!

Just out of curiosity, anyone else here doing the dual degree; PharmD/MBA? I just the official nod for the MBA program at South Jordan.

Hi everyone, I just had my interview at the Henderson campus on Tuesday, I feel like I didn’t do as well as I wanted to. I felt confident before going in and my mind went completely blank when I was being interviewed. This is my first interview and I really wished I did better. Any advices to help calm my nerves? I’m anxiously waiting for their email.

Hi everyone, I just had my interview at the Henderson campus on Tuesday, I feel like I didn’t do as well as I wanted to. I felt confident before going in and my mind went completely blank when I was being interviewed. This is my first interview and I really wished I did better. Any advices to help calm my nerves? I’m anxiously waiting for their email.
The good news is that I have heard people have gotten their response pretty quickly . Don't worry. No news is good news .

The good news is that I have heard people have gotten their response pretty quickly . Don't worry. No news is good news .
Thank you! I feel like waiting for the response is the worst part. I can’t even sleep, I check my emails constantly. But I’m trying to have positive thoughts! This is so scary

Wow. That was faster than I was talking about. Congrats. See you in August
I was so surprised too! In fact, I had a dream that I got accepted so I woke up and I checked my email at 9:30 and got nothing. I checked around noon again and saw the email! Literally screamed and started crying. See you in August too!