Roseman University College of Pharmacy - Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder what the system is for being accepted since multiple ppl are interviewing at the same time... is there a scoring system like application+interview?? Or how heavily does the pcat or degree weigh?? Just curious what could be the difference between those accepted and those waitlisted frm the ED interviews.
That's a good question, although I have no idea. I have a bachelors in psychology , so I didn't take the pcat. I can say that my interview ran over time (i.e. I asked a lot of questions and we had a good conversation). I've done a lot of interviews in my life, both as a hiring manager and as a potential employee, and I didn't feel that this interview was anything really different. That said, I'm not really sure how they make their determinations...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder what the system is for being accepted since multiple ppl are interviewing at the same time... is there a scoring system like application+interview?? Or how heavily does the pcat or degree weigh?? Just curious what could be the difference between those accepted and those waitlisted frm the ED interviews.

I’m curious about this too. I'm quite disappointed at being wait-listed since I did ED. (I didn't assume that I would get in just because I did ED) but I thought I'd be deferred to regular admissions before being wait-listed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Class of 2021 guy got accepted 2 days before class started

I might have an idea next week I have some friends doing the interview training of the upcoming interviews

Hey J.C. if you so learn more info about the interview and wait-list please share with me. I'm pretty bummed at being wait-listed after having flown in and all... But not giving up! If I don't get in this year, I'll just take the lessons I learned this year and hopefully be a stronger applicant next year! Also, best of luck to you since you're in the same boat as me. I sincerely hope you get in this year since you've got friends already in the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried applying ED, but my transcripts were in the day after the deadline. Prob due to the holiday. I have a B.S. in biology and I'm reataking all of Roseman's prereqs. I worked on my essays for a year. It's so nerve wrecking. I haven't heard a single thing. Not even about them reviewing my application.

I tried applying ED, but my transcripts were in the day after the deadline. Prob due to the holiday. I have a B.S. in biology and I'm reataking all of Roseman's prereqs. I worked on my essays for a year. It's so nerve wrecking. I haven't heard a single thing. Not even about them reviewing my application.
I know some of us got responses pretty quick for the ED applications, but I've heard the "normal" application process can take longer. Did you make sure your Pharmcas application updated, and did you send the updated to RU? I got my transcripts in just before the deadline, and I had to to go in and make sure it sent the updated application in to the school.

I know some of us got responses pretty quick for the ED applications, but I've heard the "normal" application process can take longer. Did you make sure your Pharmcas application updated, and did you send the updated to RU? I got my transcripts in just before the deadline, and I had to to go in and make sure it sent the updated application in to the school.
So, I just sent in the updated app. I saw that button for a while lol. But I didn't know that I'd need to use if I wasn't going in and changing my app. Hopefully it helps. Thanks

Reactions: 2 users
No news is good news right?? Lol... It was about 50 of us. They said it was a large ED group so I am assuming that is what is taking so long. And the writing assessment was straightforward it was a quote and we had to write if we agreed or not and why.
What about the math assessment? I have my interview next week and I'm not prepared.

My interview went terrible

Sorry to hear that. My interview went horribly as well. I feel like Roseman is looking for something different than a lot of other schools. So who knows maybe you'll still get in! Or you didn't do as horribly as you thought. Either way good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep the faith. Stay positive .I gave an answer during my interview that I thought would sink me. But amazingly it didn't.
I prepared for the interview. But the answers just didn't come out right. I felt unorganized and VERY nervous.

Hey everybody, how are you all? I was just wondering have anyone received the interview date for regular pool application from Henderson Campus?

Hey everybody, how are you all? I was just wondering have anyone received the interview date for regular pool application from Henderson Campus?
I am a regular applicant. Interview was last wedk.

I am a regular applicant. Interview was last wedk.
I'm also a regular applicant but I haven't received my interview date. I email them and they said, "your application is not considered for an interview yet." But thank you for the info.

Hi everyone, I have a question for a UNLV Grad. I just moved to Nevada and I have one prerequisite left which is calculus. I was wondering does the ''Introductory calculus for business and social sciences" which is 3 credit hours transfer as a calculus class? Meaning does it meet the requirement for the calculus requirement? thanks

Hi everyone, I have a question for a UNLV Grad. I just moved to Nevada and I have one prerequisite left which is calculus. I was wondering does the ''Introductory calculus for business and social sciences" which is 3 credit hours transfer as a calculus class? Meaning does it meet the requirement for the calculus requirement? thanks
I don't believe it does.

No i dont think so bc some schools that require stats dont accept the stats for business... i found myself in that boat (listening to my advisor) and didnt want to take stats over... so it greatly limited my school choices.

No i dont think so bc some schools that require stats dont accept the stats for business... i found myself in that boat (listening to my advisor) and didnt want to take stats over... so it greatly limited my school choices.

I agree. Most pharmacy schools require 4 credits for calculus. I took business calculus back when I was a business major, and it didn't require trig, and definitely didn't cover as much as the Calc 1 does.

I've been waitlisted too so disappointed. And trying to keep hope up...

Did they give you a waitlist form and number? Or just said that you are waitlisted?

Did they give you a waitlist form and number? Or just said that you are waitlisted?

Just waitlisted. They don't announce rankings until July

Just waitlisted. They don't announce rankings until July

Until july?! I hope those waitlisted apply to other schools to keep your options open.

There's rankings???

Yups. Apparently those that are waitlisted are ranked based on stats (GPA, PCAT if applicable, and interview score) probably some other things too... But waitlisted offers are made starting in April/May to my understanding. But rankings aren't announced until July...

Yups. Apparently those that are waitlisted are ranked based on stats (GPA, PCAT if applicable, and interview score) probably some other things too... But waitlisted offers are made starting in April/May to my understanding. But rankings aren't announced until July...

I was waitlisted. Stats are good. Interview was bad. But, If not Roseman, I'll get in to the other schools I'm applying to for sure.

I was waitlisted. Stats are good. Interview was bad. But, If not Roseman, I'll get in to the other schools I'm applying to for sure.
Keep your head up. I bet you are correct. You will find your school .

Don't feel bad about not getting in Roseman. It may be a blessing in disguise as I would actually not advise to go to there. Adding up all tuition and fees, Roseman will cost you $166,725 for all 3 years (http://pharmacy.roseman.edu/admissions/tuition-fees/). If you include living expenses (assuming ~$1500/month) then you will end up $220,725 in debt.

As you all know by now pharmacist salary are dropping quickly (Summary of Community Pharmacist Layoff,Pay Cuts, Other Negatives OCT 2018). We can expect $50/hr and 32 hr/week cap in the next few years. This means a salary of $83,200. Assuming a 7% interest from federal loan and standard 10-yr repayment plan, your $220,725 loan will be paid for at $2,563/month or $30,756/year. So subtract that from your salary and your effective salary is $52,444.

Now compare that to if you had gotten a master's degree. Currently a master's degree grad makes ~$75k/year (U.S. - average salary for graduates, by discipline 2018 | Statistic) and graduates with $57,600 in debt (Is Taking Student Loans For Graduate School Worth It?). Assuming the same loan repayment conditions, they pay $669/month or $8028/yr in student loans. That's an effective salary of about $67k per year.

As you can see, your income would be significantly less with a PharmD from Roseman than the average for a master's degree graduate. This is despite you spending 1 more year of schooling and pharmacists having minimal opportunity for pay raises. It does not make financial sense. I would advise either going to a cheaper school or choose an alternate career path.

Last edited:
Hey J.C. if you so learn more info about the interview and wait-list please share with me. I'm pretty bummed at being wait-listed after having flown in and all... But not giving up! If I don't get in this year, I'll just take the lessons I learned this year and hopefully be a stronger applicant next year! Also, best of luck to you since you're in the same boat as me. I sincerely hope you get in this year since you've got friends already in the program.

So I have been moved off the "Waitlist" to getting accepted. I did ask a lot of questions, and would recommend you email them also. From what I found out is that they do a number system but you don't get your waitlist number until June-July after they're complete with all interviews. you just have to get out and hustle to boost your profile in whatever way possible (biochem / volunteer / get letters of recommendation / send Christmas cards). I was guided to stay in touch with them and update them with whatever has been done to improve every 2-3 months and let them know you're still interested. In my case I was waitlisted due to something they had to look more into that was on my record from 14 years ago.

Yes, they started the standard enrollment interviews already. Sept 30 was the first cycle I don't know if there was one since.

Don't feel bad about not getting in Roseman. It may be a blessing in disguise as I would actually not advise to go to there. Adding up all tuition and fees, Roseman will cost you $166,725 for all 3 years (http://pharmacy.roseman.edu/admissions/tuition-fees/). If you include living expenses (assuming ~$1500/month) then you will end up $220,725 in debt.

As you all know by now pharmacist salary are dropping quickly (Summary of Community Pharmacist Layoff,Pay Cuts, Other Negatives OCT 2018). We can expect $50/hr and 32 hr/week cap in the next few years. This means a salary of $83,200. Assuming a 7% interest from federal loan and standard 10-yr repayment plan, your $220,725 loan will be paid for at $2,563/month or $30,756/year. So subtract that from your salary and your effective salary is $52,444.

Now compare that to if you had gotten a master's degree. Currently a master's degree grad makes ~$75k/year (U.S. - average salary for graduates, by discipline 2018 | Statistic) and graduates with $57,600 in debt (Is Taking Student Loans For Graduate School Worth It?). Assuming the same loan repayment conditions, they pay $669/month or $8028/yr in student loans. That's an effective salary of about $67k per year.

As you can see, your income would be significantly less with a PharmD from Roseman than the average for a master's degree graduate. This is despite you spending 1 more year of schooling and pharmacists having minimal opportunity for pay raises. It does not make financial sense. I would advise either going to a cheaper school or choose an alternate career path.
Thanks for the advice Timbo, but each their own...

Thanks for the advice Timbo, but each their own...
No problem. I just want people to be aware of their future financial situation post-graduation. A lot of people don’t bother crunching the numbers before considering pharmacy school (I know I didn’t).

PS I don’t work in Utah, but I’m reading Smith’s in Utah hasn’t hired a single new pharmacist in 2 years and has recently cut several full time pharmacist hours from 40/week to 20 hours part time?
Can anyone confirm/deny such a huge decrease in salary in Utah in recent months???

No problem. I just want people to be aware of their future financial situation post-graduation. A lot of people don’t bother crunching the numbers before considering pharmacy school (I know I didn’t).

PS I don’t work in Utah, but I’m reading Smith’s in Utah hasn’t hired a single new pharmacist in 2 years and has recently cut several full time pharmacist hours from 40/week to 20 hours part time?
Can anyone confirm/deny such a huge decrease in salary in Utah in recent months???

Honestly, I have no idea if that's true. Although I have heard about a few companies cutting hours, although the most common trend (in my limited knowledge) is they hire at 20 hours and then fill 40 positions from them. I've spoken with a few community pharmacists, I bug everyone I can find :), at Smiths, Macy's, Harmons and Fresh Market. The Macy's ones are the only ones that I've heard who expressed a lot of frustration with their pay and hours. But I'm not exactly running an effective and repeatable study ;) Oh, and the Harmon's ones seem really happy...

I just found out that Krystal is leaving Roseman. Found that rather interesting. I'm a little curious as to why Roseman's admissions counselor changes rather frequently

Honestly, I have no idea if that's true. Although I have heard about a few companies cutting hours, although the most common trend (in my limited knowledge) is they hire at 20 hours and then fill 40 positions from them. I've spoken with a few community pharmacists, I bug everyone I can find :), at Smiths, Macy's, Harmons and Fresh Market. The Macy's ones are the only ones that I've heard who expressed a lot of frustration with their pay and hours. But I'm not exactly running an effective and repeatable study ;) Oh, and the Harmon's ones seem really happy...

Wow 20 hours weekly, really? Things are worse now than even expected them to be in a few years. At 20 hours and assuming a generous $55/hr, your salary is 57k which is already LESS than median US income. Now include your loan payments of $30k/yr for Roseman, and your salary is actually $27k. No health insurance, no 401k matching. You’re almost nearing poverty level at that point. When I graduated 3 years ago, everybody in my class who went retail got at least 32 hours guaranteed. If this is just a taste of things to come, it’s really scarier than I thought.

Wow 20 hours weekly, really? Things are worse now than even expected them to be in a few years. At 20 hours and assuming a generous $55/hr, your salary is 57k which is already LESS than median US income. Now include your loan payments of $30k/yr for Roseman, and your salary is actually $27k. No health insurance, no 401k matching. You’re almost nearing poverty level at that point. When I graduated 3 years ago, everybody in my class who went retail got at least 32 hours guaranteed. If this is just a taste of things to come, it’s really scarier than I thought.
Lol, well, like I said, to each their own. My 20-hour-bit was in answer to Smiths, not the other places I mentioned. But again, I'm not an authority on the issue. I will say that while anyone who thinks their just going to have an easy experience getting a job after getting an PharmD MIGHT have unrealistic expectations... But then again I know people who have had that experience; who now have a full time, very well paid job. Every field out there has challenges, and good an bad places to work. I'm still excited about going to Roseman, and about having a career in pharmacy afterwards. That may or may not make sense, but I'm just fine with it. ')

You intentionally came on this thread to lecture adults about graduate schools. I’m not sure if you are aware but this thread isnt about whether you should go to roseman or not. Also, theres no secret about the costs of private schools.

Lol, well, like I said, to each their own. My 20-hour-bit was in answer to Smiths, not the other places I mentioned. But again, I'm not an authority on the issue. I will say that while anyone who thinks their just going to have an easy experience getting a job after getting an PharmD MIGHT have unrealistic expectations... But then again I know people who have had that experience; who now have a full time, very well paid job. Every field out there has challenges, and good an bad places to work. I'm still excited about going to Roseman, and about having a career in pharmacy afterwards. That may or may not make sense, but I'm just fine with it. ')

Right! Job availability has alot to do with the area. But clearly he must have some secret intel as far as decreasing in pharmacy pay and hours worked for EVERYONE.

You're right it's location and company dependent for now, but Smith's (Kroger's) is one of the largest chain in the nation so let's hope this trend doesn't spread. Good luck to you, I'm glad to hear you are in a good enough financial situation to take on this career!
You intentionally came on this thread to lecture adults about graduate schools. I’m not sure if you are aware but this thread isnt about whether you should go to roseman or not. Also, theres no secret about the costs of private schools.
Right! Job availability has alot to do with the area. But clearly he must have some secret intel as far as decreasing in pharmacy pay and hours worked for EVERYONE.
I never lectured anybody or even told anybody what to do. Just trying to console those who didn't make it as it may be a blessing in disguise. I also wanted to crunch the numbers for those of you who did not (I know I didn't when I was applying to pharmacy school).

I don't have secret intel, everything I know is from colleagues IRL and posts on these forums by new grads. In fact I was even surprised 20 hours/week is the new norm for new grads. You're right, job availability is location dependent and has been for years now, but cuts like these are unheard of in the past ten years. I'm really taken aback at how fast the industry has changed in 2017-2018. I hope you are right that there always will be good job availability in certain areas. However don't you think people who have difficulty finding jobs in saturated areas will eventually move to unsaturated areas and thereby making those places saturated as well? I mean there are about 15,000 new PharmDs graduating every year, and I highly doubt there are 15,000 newly created positions/retiring pharmacists per year. But that's just my estimate, what are yours?

You're right it's location and company dependent for now, but Smith's (Kroger's) is one of the largest chain in the nation so let's hope this trend doesn't spread. Good luck to you, I'm glad to hear you are in a good enough financial situation to take on this career!

I never lectured anybody or even told anybody what to do. Just trying to console those who didn't make it as it may be a blessing in disguise. I also wanted to crunch the numbers for those of you who did not (I know I didn't when I was applying to pharmacy school).

I don't have secret intel, everything I know is from colleagues IRL and posts on these forums by new grads. In fact I was even surprised 20 hours/week is the new norm for new grads. You're right, job availability is location dependent and has been for years now, but cuts like these are unheard of in the past ten years. I'm really taken aback at how fast the industry has changed in 2017-2018. I hope you are right that there always will be good job availability in certain areas. However don't you think people who have difficulty finding jobs in saturated areas will eventually move to unsaturated areas and thereby making those places saturated as well? I mean there are about 15,000 new PharmDs graduating every year, and I highly doubt there are 15,000 newly created positions/retiring pharmacists per year. But that's just my estimate, what are yours?

I don't think any of us are oblivious to the current job landscape. But I agree with Lovefood88 that you're just on this thread to lecture and not help. Roseman ran us through the numbers at the interview orientation so we don't need the math lesson. While I appreciate your insight, raining on the newly accepted's parade isn't appreciated. What I liked about this thread was that everyone was encouraging each other while we're on this crazy journey toward pharmacy school. And as someone who was waitlisted for Roseman, I did not find your financial stats "comforting."

Lol, okay lets all remember we all have a right to post our thoughts, so long as they don't violate the rules of this forum, and I don't think anyone has done that. If I instigated something, my mistake, but I vote we continue to congratulate, console and hope for each other (as the case may be). That will come in different forms from different people... and now I'm done lecturing...

Oh, and thanks Timbo. Good luck to you as well!

I don't think any of us are oblivious to the current job landscape. But I agree with Lovefood88 that you're just on this thread to lecture and not help. Roseman ran us through the numbers at the interview orientation so we don't need the math lesson. While I appreciate your insight, raining on the newly accepted's parade isn't appreciated. What I liked about this thread was that everyone was encouraging each other while we're on this crazy journey toward pharmacy school. And as someone who was waitlisted for Roseman, I did not find your financial stats "comforting."

I'm sorry if you feel that way. My intent was not lecture but to help. That is great you don't need help with math, but I'm assuming there are some of you here who would appreciate it. I know I didn't bother to crunch the numbers when I was applying to pharmacy school and I kind of regret it now. Also I'd like to reiterate my blessing in disguise comment. You said you were waitlisted... I was waitlisted from a private school too (USC) but ended up getting accepted to CU which was still a top 20 school at the time. And that was indeed a blessing in disguise because I would have ended up with twice the amount of debt had I gone to USC instead. Hopefully you find that comforting at least. Curious when Roseman ran you through the numbers, what did they say about your expected salaries post graduation?

I usually just come to the forums to read what everyone else has to say, but I had to create an account so that I could comment on this post. These stats are ridiculous. I have a friend who graduated pharmacy school last year, who works in a retail pharmacy. He started out making over $130,000 and has already been given a raise. He actually works well over 40 hours a week (pro or con?) and his monthly loan repayment is NO WHERE NEAR $2000! Granted he works in our home state of North Carolina, so maybe the stats listed above are accurate for Utah, but I still don't believe them. Not to mention that there are SO many other things you can do with a pharmD besides becoming a retail pharmacist. So what I am trying to say to all the others here excited and hopeful about becoming a pharmacist, do NOT let this person bring you down! All my fellow classmates going to South Jordan, See you soon!

Reactions: 3 users
I usually just come to the forums to read what everyone else has to say, but I had to create an account so that I could comment on this post. These stats are ridiculous. I have a friend who graduated pharmacy school last year, who works in a retail pharmacy. He started out making over $130,000 and has already been given a raise. He actually works well over 40 hours a week (pro or con?) and his monthly loan repayment is NO WHERE NEAR $2000! Granted he works in our home state of North Carolina, so maybe the stats listed above are accurate for Utah, but I still don't believe them. Not to mention that there are SO many other things you can do with a pharmD besides becoming a retail pharmacist. So what I am trying to say to all the others here excited and hopeful about becoming a pharmacist, do NOT let this person bring you down! All my fellow classmates going to South Jordan, See you soon!
I think you misunderstood my post.

1. Your friend graduated last year, so 2017? Most cuts occurred in 2018. Here are a few reports of recent struggles:
2. Also I acknowledge that these cuts are only occurring in certain areas, but don't you think the trend will continue to spread and wages will keep going downward? There are almost 15,000 new PharmDs per year but BLS only predicts 1,740 new jobs per year for the next 10 years. As you can tell surplus growth far outpaces demand growth. This means that unemployment and wage depression will occur. My prediction is that if people can't find jobs in low-paying, highly saturated areas they will not sit around unemployed - they will move to non-saturated areas until eventually the entire country becomes saturated. I know I had to move for my first job a few years ago. I hope I'm wrong, but let me know what your prediction is?
3. Which school did your friend go to? What were his living expenses during pharmacy school (I used $1500/month which I think is reasonable if you have a roommate and keep entertainment expenses low)? How much debt did he graduate with? If he went Roseman and graduated with $220k debt as estimated and say he's only paying $1500/month towards loans then he's extending his loan term to 28 years. This means he'll end up paying almost $200k more in interest than if he had chosen to pay it over 10 years. Not a smart financial decision unless he has very low interest loans and is better off investing his money elsewhere or if he's aiming for PSLF. However for my calculations I'm assuming 7% interest rate which is about what it is for federal graduate loans. Here's a loan calculator if interested: https://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mortgages/loan-calculator.aspx
4. There are actually not that many things people do with a PharmD. If I remember correctly ~70% of graduates go to retail and ~30% go to hospital (where more and more positions require residency nowadays). Less than 1% end up in other setting such as industry, academia, research. If you have a pie chart or something from a study that shows otherwise, I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
Hey Futurepharmd. It will be great to meet everyone going to South Jordan! I'm really excited too! Also you're going to have change you're screen name Future... to something else in a few short years. :)

I think you misunderstood my post.

1. Your friend graduated last year, so 2017? Most cuts occurred in 2018. Here are a few reports of recent struggles:
2. Also I acknowledge that these cuts are only occurring in certain areas, but don't you think the trend will continue to spread and wages will keep going downward? There are almost 15,000 new PharmDs per year but BLS only predicts 1,740 new jobs per year for the next 10 years. As you can tell surplus growth far outpaces demand growth. This means that unemployment and wage depression will occur. My prediction is that if people can't find jobs in low-paying, highly saturated areas they will not sit around unemployed - they will move to non-saturated areas until eventually the entire country becomes saturated. I know I had to move for my first job a few years ago. I hope I'm wrong, but let me know what your prediction is?
3. Which school did your friend go to? What were his living expenses during pharmacy school (I used $1500/month which I think is reasonable if you have a roommate and keep entertainment expenses low)? How much debt did he graduate with? If he went Roseman and graduated with $220k debt as estimated and say he's only paying $1500/month towards loans then he's extending his loan term to 28 years. This means he'll end up paying almost $200k more in interest than if he had chosen to pay it over 10 years. Not a smart financial decision unless he has very low interest loans and is better off investing his money elsewhere or if he's aiming for PSLF. However for my calculations I'm assuming 7% interest rate which is about what it is for federal graduate loans. Here's a loan calculator if interested: https://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mortgages/loan-calculator.aspx
4. There are actually not that many things people do with a PharmD. If I remember correctly ~70% of graduates go to retail and ~30% go to hospital (where more and more positions require residency nowadays). Less than 1% end up in other setting such as industry, academia, research. If you have a pie chart or something from a study that shows otherwise, I'd love to see it.

You are referencing other ppls experience on this forum. I know pharmacy is supposed to have only a 5% increase as far as the job market over the next 5-7 years (dont quote me on the exact time frame). But it’s good to know whoever’s forum posts can speak for the career field w/n the whole country. Thanks for the useful advice. Hopefully spreading this good word makes ppl turn to being nurses or doing something else they are completely uninterested in.