supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I would reach out to them personally and explain the situation. Despite what their website says, if you have a medical reason, they may make an exception in a case-by-case basis. Atleast that is what I would do before totally eliminating them as an option. If they say no, then yes, remove them from your list!Quick question about prerequisite requirements for Rowan: their admissions page says that all lab components after Spring 2022 must be completed in person. Due to a cardio health diagnosis that took up most of my 2021-2023 to manage, some of my labs are online from the fall 2023 and spring 2024 semesters. This is depicted in my explanation statement but Rowan's website states no exceptions on this in person lab policy. Is it even worth spending the money to apply given this circumstance?
Ooh this is a super smart approach. I will reach out to them today thank you!!!I would reach out to them personally and explain the situation. Despite what their website says, if you have a medical reason, they may make an exception in a case-by-case basis. Atleast that is what I would do before totally eliminating them as an option. If they say no, then yes, remove them from your list!
I think that was the application for last cycle because it opened after the VMCAS deadline. I could be wrong but I don't think there is a supplemental application.Hi,
Is this the correct link for the supplemental application? It says 2024 deadline on the website.
To include, do we have to send transcripts directly to Rowan, even if they were sent to VMCAS?
Thanks!
On VMCAS it says on Rowan's home page "Supplemental Application: No"Hi,
Is this the correct link for the supplemental application? It says 2024 deadline on the website.
To include, do we have to send transcripts directly to Rowan, even if they were sent to VMCAS?
Thanks!
Last year you had to apply directly to Rowan because they started accepting applications after VMCAS closed so the $150 fee was a reflection of what people usually pay to apply through VMCAS. It doesn't appear that there's a fee this year, it's not listed anywhere on their VMCAS program information and I submitted about ~2 weeks ago and haven't gotten an email regarding a fee (and usually schools are pretty quick to send those types of emails out)Does anyone know if there’s an extra fee this year? I saw that last year it was $150, but there’s no mention of it on their VMCAS homepage or their application information webpage. I’m super paranoid about missing a fee lol
they didn't for me last year (waitlisted), I also have a lot of online courses I took, a few onlineDo they look down on several online prereqs? I have 9 so far
I got told in an email that interviews are set to take place virtually in January. Invites will be “in the next couple months”Anyone know when interview invites are? I didn’t see anything online and hard to discern from last year
I got told in an email that interviews are set to take place virtually in January. Invites will be “in the next couple months”
Really difficult to say what their timeline is based on the previous cycle, as they received their accreditation post September.It looks like people were rejected today. Do we think if we didn’t receive a rejection we will get an interview invite?
I have the same question!! The rejections I've seen seem to be low GPA applicants so they might just be doing GPA cuts right nowIt looks like people were rejected today. Do we think if we didn’t receive a rejection we will get an interview invite?
Where were you able to see the rejections that came out today? I can't find any updates @purpleeventerIt looks like people were rejected today. Do we think if we didn’t receive a rejection we will get an interview invite?
I saw a couple people posting about being rejected in the APVMA Facebook groupWhere were you able to see the rejections that came out today? I can't find any updates @purpleeventer
Ty!I saw a couple people posting about being rejected in the APVMA Facebook group
I believe those that were rejected received an email but not totally sure.Does anybody know how they are reaching out to applicants for rejection or acceptance? email, or postal mail? Last year, they sent postal letters to everyone for accepted, rejected and waitlisted applicants.
The ones I saw on FB said email!I believe those that were rejected received an email but not totally sure.
Just got the same email! I’m OOS in NC.I received an email today saying I made it past stage 1 (this is my instate school)
I have not!Hi guys! Anyone heard from Rowan since the “passing stage1” emails a few weeks ago?
We likely won't hear anything soon since they'll now review files. Most likely late Dec/early Jan?Hi guys! Anyone heard from Rowan since the “passing stage1” emails a few weeks ago?
That’s what I was thinking. Just wanted to double check. Thank you!We likely won't hear anything soon since they'll now review files. Most likely late Dec/early Jan?
same, sucks its only week days because thats all the days i workthat email scared the crap out of me lol
I would love an application update before then. I don’t wanna schedule a tour if I’m gonna get rejected 😂😂that email scared the crap out of me lol
I haven't heard of anyone else (both on here and FB hearing anything), so I would take that with a grain of salt personally!) Its also a weekend too!I’ve heard some people on reddit got emails about making it to “second round”… if I didn’t get one can I assume I didn’t?
I emailed admissions about a question as well and they told me next communications would come in January. I agree with the statement to take it with a grain of salt.Is this referring to the email sent in November or a more recent one? In nov I got one saying I’ve advanced to the second round and will hear about stage 3 (MMI) I’ll be notified by email. Someone on this thread said someone in admissions told them we’d hear in January for those.
Did they say when they would release decisions then?I spoke with the admissions team yesterday and was notified that interview invitations will be sent out by the end of January, and interviews will be scheduled/conducted by the end of February. They are currently hosting building tours - hopefully some other folks that visited have additional information to post!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.