RowanSOM opening second med school campus.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxwood

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Does any anyone know the point of this? The two campuses are 20 minutes from each other. Did they want to expand but didn't have enough room at their current location? Ive been curious for a while. Usually when a school expands the second location is in a completely different geographical location or in a different urban--rural population.

Good. We need every DO school to do the same and displace the for-profit Caribbs. The more residency spots DOs take the less people will go to for-profit diploma mills
Nah. As they expand and build more schools, they will be getting more and more caribean caliber students to add to the DO brand, not to mention the matching **** show that will come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Create more doctors to fill the primary-care gap!!!
I know. Usually new campuses seem more strategic though, in a different applicant population. Like it feels like they should have the second location way more south in a rural population, or more urban closer to NYC. These locations are both in the Philly suburbs.

State schools do have the ability to get new residency programs built.

I suspect that they want to increase their class size but the current campus can't pull that off.

Reactions: 1 user
State schools do have the ability to get new residency programs built.

I suspect that they want to increase their class size but the current campus can't pull that off.
Goro, to your point the local Philly and South Jersey media reports indicate Rowan wanted to expand class size and with the expansion become the largest med school in NJ.