Rutgers out of state to in-state tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Namelessking

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ironically someone at work found out I got into some dental schools in 2016 and they had a relative in their family who wanted to apply to Rutgers (a school I also applied to back in 16). I don't remember 100% but I believe Rutgers allows a residency change after 1 year for oos students. I just wanted to make sure because this guy got terrified when I told him Rutgers might cost his son/daughter over 400k since they'd be an out of stater. I told him I'd double check on the in-state thing but is it impossible to change one's residence status if you're doing so solely for tuition purposes? Thanks fellows.

Members don't see this ad.

Ironically someone at work found out I got into some dental schools in 2016 and they had a relative in their family who wanted to apply to Rutgers (a school I also applied to back in 16). I don't remember 100% but I believe Rutgers allows a residency change after 1 year for oos students. I just wanted to make sure because this guy got terrified when I told him Rutgers might cost his son/daughter over 400k since they'd be an out of stater. I told him I'd double check on the in-state thing but is it impossible to change one's residence status if you're doing so solely for tuition purposes? Thanks fellows.

I am attending Rutgers this year. You can get in-state after one year.

Reactions: 3 users