RVU-COM (Rocky Vista - Colorado) Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is child's play - oh yea, you need to study! Get to it. Truth be told, I pop on for some entertainment and typically seek out users who try to dish it out but can't take it... those are my fave. See you at KCUMB.

OMG :eek:, you're going to be my classmate? :D We might just have to start an off-roading Jeep club or something. :)

Bring it on, Big Man!!!

Hey, my info is straight from the Big Cheese himself. Didn't you hear him discuss this at your interview??? Its OK... you were probably too nervous and doing all you could to keep from wetting yourself. :D I'm teasing, of course!

But... in the highly unlikely chance that I am wrong... YOU'RE ON!! ;)

I'm going to need references, literature citations, and the like, though. None of this, "a friend of a friend told me..." :rolleyes:

I thought "a friend of a friend" is how all information gets passed here on SDN.:smuggrin: You mean to tell me that if you actually look at the school's website and contact real people at the institution, you can get accurate and truthful information? Who would have thought...:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
To put the financial aid question to rest...I talked to Kathy and she stated that the time frame for procuring federal lending has nothing to due with for-profit status. Instead, it all hinges on when they graduate their first student. She said, plan on using private lenders, but maybe that will change before our class graduates.
So that puts an end to that. Somebody owes somebody a beer. Maybe you can just buy each other one at our next get together!

To put the financial aid question to rest...I talked to Kathy and she stated that the time frame for procuring federal lending has nothing to due with for-profit status. Instead, it all hinges on when they graduate their first student. She said, plan on using private lenders, but maybe that will change before our class graduates.
So that puts an end to that. Somebody owes somebody a beer. Maybe you can just buy each other one at our next get together!

I prefer a martini. ;)

Whatever floats your boat! When are we getting together? Something not so formal this time.:)

Yeah, my cocktail dress is at the cleaner ;)

Why don't we plan for a Friday night or Saturday in April. How about the first Friday night in April? If not a Friday, we can do another Saturday. Lets take a count of people...

Yeah, my cocktail dress is at the cleaner ;)

Why don't we plan for a Friday night or Saturday in April. How about the first Friday night in April? If not a Friday, we can do another Saturday. Lets take a count of people...

I already have big plans for First Friday in April, so that day won't be the greatest. Maybe Saturday the 5th?

I already have big plans for First Friday in April, so that day won't be the greatest. Maybe Saturday the 5th?

OK - that sounds good. Saturday, April 5th at 6pm?

Same place (the Cork House) or do you want to go somewhere different?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UT8IBK_esM[/YOUTUBE]

OK - that sounds good. Saturday, April 5th at 6pm?

Same place (the Cork House) or do you want to go somewhere different?

You got any other places that you like to hang out? Cork house would be cool, but it wouldn't be bad to check out someplace else.
Did you put it on Facebook?

You got any other places that you like to hang out? Cork house would be cool, but it wouldn't be bad to check out someplace else.
Did you put it on Facebook?

I will put it up as soon as the details are worked out. I also think that Bar Luxe in Cherry Creek is awesome - they have $2.50 Stoli specials for happy hour until 8 or 9. Plus, its a really great atmosphere. That's my vote!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will put it up as soon as the details are worked out. I also think that Bar Luxe in Cherry Creek is awesome - they have $2.50 Stoli specials for happy hour until 8 or 9. Plus, its a really great atmosphere. That's my vote!

Sounds great! I know you like your cosmos girl! I think I can talk my sweet Rachel into joining too!:thumbup:

Sounds great! I know you like your cosmos girl! I think I can talk my sweet Rachel into joining too!:thumbup:

Awesome!

OK - so the 2nd Official RVUCOM Happy Hour will be:

Saturday, April 5th

6pm

Bar Luxe
between 2nd & 3rd on Milwaukee in Cherry Creek North

RSVP if you are coming!!!!!

Awesome!

OK - so the 2nd Official RVUCOM Happy Hour will be:

Saturday, April 5th

6pm

Bar Luxe
between 2nd & 3rd on Milwaukee in Cherry Creek North

RSVP if you are coming!!!!!

1 + guest!

Does this mean I am freed up to wearing a red cocktail dress:confused: and how does that fit in with the dress code at school anyway:scared: Count me in whenver though I may leave the wife and child at home or find a babysitter so Big Bad GG doesn't totally freak her out again by telling her there is monsters in the closet. :p me and Traci still :laugh: about that.

Does this mean I am freed up to wearing a red cocktail dress:confused: and how does that fit in with the dress code at school anyway:scared: Count me in whenver though I may leave the wife and child at home or find a babysitter so Big Bad GG doesn't totally freak her out again by telling her there is monsters in the closet. :p me and Traci still :laugh: about that.

Libo, didn't you hear that our new dress code is for the boys to wear dresses?:laugh:
You should bring Traci and Charlie. I can give GG a lesson about what not to say to a two year old before we meet.:thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZmr9LB4Wo[/YOUTUBE]

LOL...Gas, where do you find this ****?

And GG, you looked nothing like "her". I mean first off, you have dark hair. And secondly, I think you shave your legs.

And GG, you looked nothing like "her". I mean first off, you have dark hair. And secondly, I think you shave your legs.

I'm not sure she does; it's possible there's hair on subject's legs and chest. I'll need proof to dispel such rumors.

I'll take a verbal from you, Paramedic, but GG needs to send proof directly to my e-mail address which she has on file.
You can do the same with covert reconaissance acquisition as well. :thumbup:

Hey guys! I am SO glad that another happy hour has been scheduled! Count me in for sure! I don't know if Ted will be able to come, but definitely me! Can't wait!!

I'll take a verbal from you, Paramedic, but GG needs to send proof directly to my e-mail address which she has on file.
You can do the same with covert reconaissance acquisition as well. :thumbup:

:laugh: I'll get right on that!

I still feel bad about saying that!!! Pediatrics may not be one of my strengths! :laugh:

Hey all...looks like things are going well...nice to see people getting excited about acceptances and the upcoming start of classes in August :)

I have a question regarding the waitlist...and where my status on it is likely to take me.

Feel free to check out my mdapps profile...but basically I interviewed 1/15, I didn't interview all that well, but did 'o.k.' considering I admittedly wasn't as prepared as I should have been. Anyways, loved the location, the people, and the school, and can definitely see myself spending 4 years there. Hadn't been thru Denver since I was little...and forgot how gorgeous the area is...what a beautiful place to live for 4 years. So many people seem to get caught up in mindless arguments about this school...all the while forgetting that there IS a life outside of the classroom...and what an amazing place to get to spend it!

Anyways...at our interview day we were told there were 3 basic results post-interview. 1. you would get a call offering and acceptance. 2. you would be 'waitlisted' and your app would continue to be reviewed each time the adcom meets. 3. no call, no letter...take the hint ok?

Well...no call for me+pity+...but I did get a letter from Kerri a couple days later informing me that the adcom would continue to review my app each time they meet. I took this to mean I'd been essentially 'waitlisted.' :love: Hooray for me! With my stats I honestly never thought a US med school would have ever touched me...and to actually be on a waitlist is incredibly exciting for me...it means that I could actually be a doctor...from a US school!!!

Ok...that was 2 months ago...and no word from RVU. Anyone have any tips as to what should be my next move? Should I call regularly just to keep name recognition with the admissions people? send a LOI? or just wait it out and see what happens? Is it inappropriate to call and ask if I'm at a particular place on the waitlist?

Taking any and all advice...even if that advice is..."You idiot...they waitlisted you simply as a courtesy...you're never gonna get it...are you stuid or something?"

Thanks in advance..:)

Letter of intent, containing the following, non-ambiguous language:

"If I am accepted, it is my intention to immediately withdraw my application from consideration at all other schools, and begin preparation to matriculate at your school."

Or something along those lines.

Hey all...looks like things are going well...nice to see people getting excited about acceptances and the upcoming start of classes in August :)

I have a question regarding the waitlist...and where my status on it is likely to take me.

Feel free to check out my mdapps profile...but basically I interviewed 1/15, I didn't interview all that well, but did 'o.k.' considering I admittedly wasn't as prepared as I should have been. Anyways, loved the location, the people, and the school, and can definitely see myself spending 4 years there. Hadn't been thru Denver since I was little...and forgot how gorgeous the area is...what a beautiful place to live for 4 years. So many people seem to get caught up in mindless arguments about this school...all the while forgetting that there IS a life outside of the classroom...and what an amazing place to get to spend it!

Anyways...at our interview day we were told there were 3 basic results post-interview. 1. you would get a call offering and acceptance. 2. you would be 'waitlisted' and your app would continue to be reviewed each time the adcom meets. 3. no call, no letter...take the hint ok?

Well...no call for me+pity+...but I did get a letter from Kerri a couple days later informing me that the adcom would continue to review my app each time they meet. I took this to mean I'd been essentially 'waitlisted.' :love: Hooray for me! With my stats I honestly never thought a US med school would have ever touched me...and to actually be on a waitlist is incredibly exciting for me...it means that I could actually be a doctor...from a US school!!!

Ok...that was 2 months ago...and no word from RVU. Anyone have any tips as to what should be my next move? Should I call regularly just to keep name recognition with the admissions people? send a LOI? or just wait it out and see what happens? Is it inappropriate to call and ask if I'm at a particular place on the waitlist?

Taking any and all advice...even if that advice is..."You idiot...they waitlisted you simply as a courtesy...you're never gonna get it...are you stuid or something?"

I would call and ask if there has been a change in your status. Ask if your file is still being reviewed, and ask if you can/should send a LOI to strengthen your case. They are so friendly - don't be afraid to communicate with them! Good Luck OLYWA - I know you've been waiting to hear for awhile! :luck:

I would definitely send in a LOI, and it wouldn't hurt to call. I agree with GG. You want to let RVU know that you are still very interested in attending. I don't know if they have ranked the waitlist, they usually don't do that until they are done interviewing. If you want to ask where you stand and what the ranking criteria is, then I think it is acceptable to do this (what does everyone else think?)
Hope that it works out for you :)

I would definitely send in a LOI, and it wouldn't hurt to call. I agree with GG. You want to let RVU know that you are still very interested in attending. I don't know if they have ranked the waitlist, they usually don't do that until they are done interviewing. If you want to ask where you stand and what the ranking criteria is, then I think it is acceptable to do this (what does everyone else think?)
Hope that it works out for you :)

Three votes...call or email...let them know that you are interested. Send that LOI. Good luck Olywa...hang in there.:luck:

I looked at your stats here, so if you don't get in, I recommend you retake the MCAT and do a whole lot better than you have to offset your low GPA in order to be considered at most schools. Either that or deliver one heck of an interview and look like someone who just can't be passed up because of what you will bring to the school and the world of osteopathic medicine. Good luck, and remember it isn't unusual for it to take a couple years to get accepted to med school, but you have to make yourself look better each year. Hence why there are so many post-bach programs out there these days.

Does anyone have any recent pics of the building since the web-site hasn't been updated?

Hello. Can anyone recommend apartments in/near Parker, CO that will allow large dogs? I'd like to find a suitable temporary location while I search for a house...thanks

Hello. Can anyone recommend apartments in/near Parker, CO that will allow large dogs? I'd like to find a suitable temporary location while I search for a house...thanks

Hey White Rabbit...welcome to the RVU discussion.

I would just try to google apartments in Parker Colorado. You can try www.rent.com also. Don't just limit yourself to Parker, search in Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Greenwood Village and Centennial.

Look into joining the facebook group too. There is already some information there and other students looking for roommates.:thumbup:

Hey White Rabbit...welcome to the RVU discussion.

I would just try to google apartments in Parker Colorado. You can try www.rent.com also. Don't just limit yourself to Parker, search in Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Greenwood Village and Centennial.

Look into joining the facebook group too. There is already some information there and other students looking for roommates.:thumbup:

Thanks for the response and info. I have looked in surrounding areas and via the website you mention. I'm not sure when I'll be able to visit prior to my actual move date so I'd like to also rely on word-of-mouth rather than just internet if possible. And FWIW, no roommate for me. Thanks again.

Thanks for the response and info. I have looked in surrounding areas and via the website you mention. I'm not sure when I'll be able to visit prior to my actual move date so I'd like to also rely on word-of-mouth rather than just internet if possible. And FWIW, no roommate for me. Thanks again.

Cool...I don't know specifically of any that allow you to have larger pets. My g/f and I own in South Aurora, so I don't have too much first hand knowledge about rentals. I wish I could be a bigger help.

Cool...I don't know specifically of any that allow you to have larger pets. My g/f and I own in South Aurora, so I don't have too much first hand knowledge about rentals. I wish I could be a bigger help.

Yes, I haven't rented in a long time so it will be an adjustment, for me and the dogs - and at least only very temporary until I can decide on a house and get to closing before class starts.

Thanks for giving it a go. We'll see if any other "regulars" or even fellow "lurkers" pop-in to the discussion.

I don't know about renting, but it looks like we will be living in Colorado Springs, and I will be commuting:thumbdown:. Anyone else in the same boat? We should look into a car pool.

I don't know about renting, but it looks like we will be living in Colorado Springs, and I will be commuting:thumbdown:. Anyone else in the same boat? We should look into a car pool.

Wow...the Springs? That's kind of a bummmer. I mean, it's not too far, but it will be a drive.

Hey y'all,
I am assuming the meet and greet is still on for saturday? If so, hopefully I will get to meet everyone. I have tickets to the Rockies/Diamondbacks game (go diamondbacks!) :) but I am still going to come after. Hopefully everyone will still be out and about.

Hey y'all,
I am assuming the meet and greet is still on for saturday? If so, hopefully I will get to meet everyone. I have tickets to the Rockies/Diamondbacks game (go diamondbacks!) :) but I am still going to come after. Hopefully everyone will still be out and about.

What's up kid???? D-backs:thumbdown:...girl,I thought we were friends. I got tix for opening day!!! It's okay, you can be jealous. Hope to catch up with you Saturday. I'm sure GG and libo will be partying all night long. LOL.:laugh:

What's up kid???? D-backs:thumbdown:...girl,I thought we were friends. I got tix for opening day!!! It's okay, you can be jealous. Hope to catch up with you Saturday. I'm sure GG and libo will be partying all night long. LOL.:laugh:

;):thumbup:

Saturday will ROCK! RSVP on facebook everyone!

Yes, I haven't rented in a long time so it will be an adjustment, for me and the dogs - and at least only very temporary until I can decide on a house and get to closing before class starts.

Thanks for giving it a go. We'll see if any other "regulars" or even fellow "lurkers" pop-in to the discussion.

How big and what breed are your puppies? Most of the apartments that I have seen lately have a 50-75lb weight restriction. Most also have breed restrictions.

In what area are you interested in living? Parker, Centennial, Aurora???

A little more info from you and I might be able to help you out. :)

WHAAAASSssUUUUP?! :D