RVU-COM (Rocky Vista - Colorado) Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tanvi

Sure can take you rock climbing. I have been doing it for several years and take up lots of newbies. I really enjoy the sport and though am no expert (have never climbed anything beyond a single pitch 5.10) I like the idea of an outdoors club sounds like we all have different things to bring. Things I enjoy and are good at:
Skiing (since I was four offered a spot on Mary Jane ski patrol turned it down cause of financial reasons)
Water Skiing (dont own my own boat but take anybody willing to nebraska to do it with my family during the summers)
Camping (boy scout extrodinaire winter summer when ever where ever)
Climbing( have enough equipment to take six people me and my wife enjoy nice easy climbs in local areas)
Kayaking (just got into it don't own a thing but love to explore it more)
Off-roading (Just plain fun nothing a stock vehichle and nerves of steel can't handle though.)
Can't think of any others at this early hour but let me know what everyone else can do would be interested in or what not.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys....I accidentally hung up (phone died while it was being passed) on a call from RVU the other day.... I called back the number but got a general message. Did anyone else receive a call? I'm nervous about what I missed (left message there as well)!

I would either call back and talk to Kerri, or email her. I'm sure it's not anything to be concerned about. :)

So glad to hear our campus is beautiful!

I got to work with a traditional Ojibwe medicine man for four months, and he would say that, yes, indeed, there is a great deal of significance in seeing a pair of bald eagles in the adjacent field. He would view it as a wonderful sign of sorts, in fact. On a different note, that's awesome that you saw bald eagles in the adjacent field. They are such beautiful, magnificent birds!

I would so love to form an outdoor adventure club! I pretend that I know how to ski, when really, I'm just trying to slowly improve myself (being from the flatlands doesn't give me too many opportunities). I think it's a fantastic idea to form an outdoor adventure club. We should definitely do it.

I thought it was significant and magnificent as well. I just wish that I would have had my camera with me. I will try to make it by the area again on my next day away from work to see if they are there again. I was completely taken by surprise by them. I've seen one at a time before, always sitting atop the tallest tree or power pole, but never two at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tanvi

Sure can take you rock climbing. I have been doing it for several years and take up lots of newbies. I really enjoy the sport and though am no expert (have never climbed anything beyond a single pitch 5.10) I like the idea of an outdoors club sounds like we all have different things to bring. Things I enjoy and are good at:
Skiing (since I was four offered a spot on Mary Jane ski patrol turned it down cause of financial reasons)
Water Skiing (dont own my own boat but take anybody willing to nebraska to do it with my family during the summers)
Climbing( have enough equipment to take six people me and my wife enjoy nice easy climbs in local areas)
Off-roading (Just plain fun nothing a stock vehichle and nerves of steel can't handle though.)
Can't think of any others at this early hour but let me know what everyone else can do would be interested in or what not.

That's one heck of an outdoor resume libo.:thumbup: And I just thought you were the brewmaster!:laugh:

That's one heck of an outdoor resume libo.:thumbup: And I just thought you were the brewmaster!:laugh:

Only if I didn't get into medical school:D You know if I couldn't make people better I would at least make them feel better.

I just talked with Kerri and she said that "My Vista" should be up and running by Friday of this week! When we log in we should have all the information regarding background checks, drug testing, etc. Just to let everyone know...

I just talked with Kerri and she said that "My Vista" should be up and running by Friday of this week! When we log in we should have all the information regarding background checks, drug testing, etc. Just to let everyone know...

Thanks for the update CSU...I had noticed that they had revised the website and that there was a new link for MYVISTA at the right side of the web page.

:thumbup:

Good stuff!

I am new to SDN and just want to say hi! I think I am going to go to RVU for school this year, and thought I would say hi. :)

I am new to SDN and just want to say hi! I think I am going to go to RVU for school this year, and thought I would say hi. :)

Hi Montana!!! Welcome to the RVU thread. I hope to see you at orientation in July.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Congrats to all who will be representing RV in it's inaugural class. I have no doubt we will do our school proud! I'd like to toast the 2008 year but won't be in CO until July, perhaps a second meet-n-greet for us out-of-staters?

Congrats to all who will be representing RV in it's inaugural class. I have no doubt we will do our school proud! I'd like to toast the 2008 year but won't be in CO until July, perhaps a second meet-n-greet for us out-of-staters?

Welcome to the group DOdrwho!

We will definately make this happen. Look for details on facebook (RVU group) in later months. Where are you coming from?

We will definately make this happen. Look for details on facebook (RVU group) in later months. Where are you coming from?

YES! We will be arranging another get together when people start moving into Colorado - it will be perfect because there is nothing quite like sitting on a patio in summer at a LoDo bar having cocktails!

Members don't see this ad :)

I did my undergrad at OU, so basically the same landscape as CO. Rocky Mts. dusty plains = pretty much identical:D:D

I did my undergrad at OU, so basically the same landscape as CO. Rocky Mts. dusty plains = pretty much identical:D:D

That sounds great! You will fit right in with our landscape.

Have you joined our facebook group?

You still want a meet and greet after all the debauchery that happened at the first one:eek:. I couldn't believe the acrobatics that GG put on swinging from the chandeliers, and when paramediclizard smashed those bottles I was...really entertained sounds great lets do it again.:p

Not on facebook, I guess i could register, it would require a bit of effort on my part, perhaps I can muster it.

BTW, (this is a 4 years down the road) but i'll be trying to get into a flight surgeon residency which only accepts you if, from what I hear, you're in the top 10% of your graduating class. So i'm gonna have to ask 135 of you knuckleheads to do worse than me on our exams and clinicals:D:D

of course i'm just kidding. anyone else doing the HPSP thing??

Not on facebook, I guess i could register, it would require a bit of effort on my part, perhaps I can muster it.

BTW, (this is a 4 years down the road) but i'll be trying to get into a flight surgeon residency which only accepts you if, from what I hear, you're in the top 10% of your graduating class. So i'm gonna have to ask 135 of you knuckleheads to do worse than me on our exams and clinicals:D:D

of course i'm just kidding. anyone else doing the HPSP thing??

I recommend doing the facebook thing. If you have a valid email address, it's super easy. It's a great way for us to communicate and you get to see what some of your classmates look like, where there coming from etc. We have discussions going about HPSP already.

I love a little friendly competition! I'm not HPSP, but I still plan on doing my absolute best in all of my classes and clinicals.

You still want a meet and greet after all the debauchery that happened at the first one:eek:. I couldn't believe the acrobatics that GG put on swinging from the chandeliers, and when paramediclizard smashed those bottles I was...really entertained sounds great lets do it again.:p

Hey libo...that was a secret between the three of us....:laugh:

Those of you who live in colorado, are you close enough to RV that you'll continue to live at home? If not, what are some names of good apts/condo's i can check out in the area?

Those of you who live in colorado, are you close enough to RV that you'll continue to live at home? If not, what are some names of good apts/condo's i can check out in the area?

I live 10 minutes away from campus, so I won't have a need to move.

I'm going to defer again to the facebook page, as we have a discussion going and some very helpful information getting posted. It also allows you the opportunity to chat and potentially meet a roommate, if that is what will work best for you! You can also check the links that have been posted on www.rockyvistauniveristy.org under prospective students and housing.

Hope this helps.

YES! We will be arranging another get together when people start moving into Colorado - it will be perfect because there is nothing quite like sitting on a patio in summer at a LoDo bar having cocktails!

Denver is awesome. I'm lucky I picked up one of the handy Denver Official Visitor's Guides when I was en route to the High Country so I do know where/what LoDo is now... ;)

Denver is awesome. I'm lucky I picked up one of the handy Denver Official Visitor's Guides when I was en route to the High Country so I do know where/what LoDo is now... ;)

I'm sure that after I get ahold of all of you, you will all be well versed in the offerings of Denver! Muah ha ha ha :smuggrin: (that was my evil laugh, if you couldn't tell!)

Yeah, its great! In the summer, we can catch a Rockies game then hit up one of the LoDo bars (with a patio of course). In the winter, its off to the slopes!

When are you planning on moving... that is, IF :rolleyes: you attend RVU, when do you plan on moving?

And, did you join the facebook group?????

I'm sure that after I get ahold of all of you, you will all be well versed in the offerings of Denver! Muah ha ha ha :smuggrin: (that was my evil laugh, if you couldn't tell!)

Yeah, its great! In the summer, we can catch a Rockies game then hit up one of the LoDo bars (with a patio of course). In the winter, its off to the slopes!

When are you planning on moving... that is, IF :rolleyes: you attend RVU, when do you plan on moving?

And, did you join the facebook group?????

LOL :laugh:

Will probably be moving somewere for med school in the upcoming months - probably no later than May/June. :smuggrin:

Nah, no Facebook for me yet. I noticed Paramedliz retained her anonymity somewhat on Facebook. ;)

LOL :laugh:

Will probably be moving somewere for med school in the upcoming months - probably no later than May/June. :smuggrin:

Nah, no Facebook for me yet. I noticed Paramedliz retained her anonymity somewhat on Facebook. ;)

Haha! You must be joking, right?:laugh:

I found you girls out there! :D:thumbup:

NM - for some reason I thought you were "Kat Anyone"... :idea:

That's funny! I have a ton of pics and some videos posted, so I didn't think there was any secret identity that I trying for.

I found you girls out there! :D:thumbup:

Yay!!! I was hoping to remain completely anonymous, but I guess you're OK. Liz, however, is trying to keep her identity a secret. :laugh:

If you join facebook we can peek at you, too! :p

Yay!!! I was hoping to remain completely anonymous, but I guess you're OK. Liz, however, is trying to keep her identity a secret. :laugh:

If you join facebook we can peek at you, too! :p

Yeah, I want to see what gas looks like! Haha.

Tanvi

Wow! That sounds amazing! I definitely will be taking you up on this during orientation and afterwards.

Welcome to everyone else! It's so nice to see that everyone is excited about the school. Regarding a get together, we absolutely must do one in July, or whenever. Also, I'm probably going to come down to CO at some point before then to find a place to live. If the locals don't mind, can I contact some of you to help me find a nice area to live in?

This is totally random and not related to anything we've been talking about, but...does anyone like to cook? I was thinking it might be fun to do a "dinner club" type thing, something like we get together for dinner or go restaurant exploring or something like that. I love cooking, and like to think that I'm pretty good at it, and more importantly, I like to feed people! I also love to try out new and different restaurants. So, I was thinking that might be fun.

Wow! That sounds amazing! I definitely will be taking you up on this during orientation and afterwards.

Welcome to everyone else! It's so nice to see that everyone is excited about the school. Regarding a get together, we absolutely must do one in July, or whenever. Also, I'm probably going to come down to CO at some point before then to find a place to live. If the locals don't mind, can I contact some of you to help me find a nice area to live in?

This is totally random and not related to anything we've been talking about, but...does anyone like to cook? I was thinking it might be fun to do a "dinner club" type thing, something like we get together for dinner or go restaurant exploring or something like that. I love cooking, and like to think that I'm pretty good at it, and more importantly, I like to feed people! I also love to try out new and different restaurants. So, I was thinking that might be fun.

Hey! You can always contact me if you need to know a nice place to live. I've been looking, and I know the area really well, so just let me know! Oh, and I am an awful cook, so something like a dinner club is a GREAT idea! Maybe you can teach me how to cook :D When are you thinking of coming out to look for a place??

You can feel free to contact me too tanvi! PM me or chat via facebook, whatever is easier for you. When are you thinking about visiting CO?

To all you local people, I have no idea when I'll be coming in. I know that when I was looking for college apartments, we signed leases in January for an apartment that we were going to move in to in September. I imagine/hope things will be different for this, otherwise it looks like I already won't have a place to live! It looked like some people were suggesting April or May for aparments starting in July, so maybe I'll come down then. Does that seems like a reasonable time?

Oh you are! You have the pictures to prove it.

Oh stop. I'm going to blush :p!

Tanvi, the availability of apartments in Denver is fairly high. I think that you should have no problem finding a place if you come out this summer.

To all you local people, I have no idea when I'll be coming in. I know that when I was looking for college apartments, we signed leases in January for an apartment that we were going to move in to in September. I imagine/hope things will be different for this, otherwise it looks like I already won't have a place to live! It looked like some people were suggesting April or May for aparments starting in July, so maybe I'll come down then. Does that seems like a reasonable time?

Hey tanvi...I think that you should have no problem finding housing near campus within that April or May time frame. I would certainly suggest not to leave it until July. On a plus side, there are fun things to do around Denver during that time. Spring is the best for white water rafting and kayaking. Take care!

Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody knew what the class size was going to be for 2012 and if anybody knows how full it already is...I decided to apply here last minute...I just want to get out of the northeast!

Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody knew what the class size was going to be for 2012 and if anybody knows how full it already is...I decided to apply here last minute...I just want to get out of the northeast!

The class size will be 150 students, and I think that spots at this point are going for a premium! Before the beginning of the year, there were already over 100 offers and I think that there have been quite a few since then. I'd get your applications & secondary materials in ASAP.

GG gives accurate info as usual. I would say that you can contact Kerri in admissions for a more firm number on the number of spots still open, if you still have questions.
Welcome to the SDN thread and let us know if you have any more questions. Good luck.:luck:

That sounds like fun! I like to eat, but I am not that great at cooking!

Hey all! I just realized that FAFSA is due on March 1st. We don't have to fill one of these out for RVU do we?? I didn't think so, but just wanted to be sure! Thanks :)

Hey all! I just realized that FAFSA is due on March 1st. We don't have to fill one of these out for RVU do we?? I didn't think so, but just wanted to be sure! Thanks :)

You don't have to fill one out for the private loans, but I was told by a loan counselor at SallieMae to fill one out anyway. The only problem is that when I went to fill out the FAFSA form, RVUCOM was not a school option. This led me to believe that we don't need to fill one out - for a private loan, you just fill out the borrower application. To be sure, I would just check with Kathy in financial aid at RVU.

I hope this helps - let me know what Kathy says if you don't mind! :)

Does anyone know how much money we can get a year for the Sallie Mae loans?