RVU-SU vs ACOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KAdoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have interviewed and been accepted to both of these schools... and December 14th is coming and I still don’t have my decision.
There are many pros and cons for both as I am sure many of you know. RVU-SU is new (but est. from RVU-CO which has great board scores), has great facilities, 54,000/year or so...while ACOM is less new, 43,000/year, and still great facilities. I am married with two little kids and from Texas. Alabama is far away (could be an adventure) while in Utah we would be 3 hours away from a bunch of family...what are ya’lls thoughts?!?!? ACOM OR RVU-SU?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m from a Texas with one daughter! Paid my deposit to ACOM, currently had 4 II but after seeing the school turned down two so far. I’d pick ACOM plus the price is a lot less

Reactions: 1 users
I'm at RVU-SU.

I honestly love it here. I don't know how it compares to the other school, but I think RVU Utah is amazing. It's in a beautiful area, the campus is great, this winter is amazing without the snow, and if you have kids then you're in good company: there are so many families in our class, more compared to other schools I would imagine due to the high Mormon population.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank ya’ll for the reply. I think I’m going to go with RVU because I really did love the school and to help keep my wife sane by living near family. I really did love ACOM though, glad I was accepted into two awesome schools

Thank ya’ll for the reply. I think I’m going to go with RVU because I really did love the school and to help keep my wife sane by living near family. I really did love ACOM though, glad I was accepted into two awesome schools
Student at RVUSU as well, I don't think you'll be sad about it. Helping keep the wife and family happy and comfortable during school is a huge part, especially since the adjustment to medical school is so big for the family.

The thing that steered me away from RVU during application process was that it is the only "for profit" medical school in the country. I am currently a student at ACOM and I turned down acceptances at several other DO schools because of how impressed I was with ACOM. However, I did not apply to RVU due to the reason I listed above, something just did not sit right with me in attending a "for profit" medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
The thing that steered me away from RVU during application process was that it is the only "for profit" medical school in the country. I am currently a student at ACOM and I turned down acceptances at several other DO schools because of how impressed I was with ACOM. However, I did not apply to RVU due to the reason I listed above, something just did not sit right with me in attending a "for profit" medical school.

Not the only for profit in the US anymore with CNUCOM