Sackler Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akitman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone for their interview with Sackler yet?

Mine is on tuesday 1/29 with Dr. Coriell, and I was wondering what to expect.

How should I, or anyone else, prepare specifically for Sackler?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

mine is 1/29 too, at 11:00am. when is yours??

11:45, I guess theres a good chance Ill bump into you.

I have a feeling we may be the first interviewees...

Meaning I am not sure if we'll get much response from this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you happen to know how official a sackler interview is?? i mean compared to US schools, for example, do you need to dress the same way? or maybe the whole thing is more laid back...

do you happen to know how official a sackler interview is?? i mean compared to US schools, for example, do you need to dress the same way? or maybe the whole thing is more laid back...

I have my interview this monday 1/28. I am going to wear a suit.

Wear a suit... can't go wrong.

hi, does anyone know when to expect final decisions from Sackler? I interviewed on 1/31 and am not sure how long i now have to wait. thanks.

they dont start sending out any notices till mid march (or so i've heard)...but last year i interviewed end of feb. and didnt find out that i got in till first week of may

When did you guys apply their if you dont mind answering? I have been complete Since December and havent heard back fromk them and was just wondering. I mean do they do this in order random?

hey big bill, i do not think they do it randomly. i applied at the same time i was applying to US schools, so around late summer. i think i interviewed relatively early in the process (on their website they say Feb is the beginning of interview season, but mine was in late Jan). good luck. fyi, i know a lot of people that haven't heard anything yet, i think you're in the majority.

I started my application in late november...but I called on January 22nd to check on the app and apparently they didnt accept the mcat scores to be sent through AAMC. So I completed on Jan 22nd and was offered an interview three hours later for Feb 1st. It might just be luck of the draw based on timing, but I'd call the office and check on the application status.

From what I've noticed and heard, Israelis love assertiveness.

Now I get to play the waiting game and hope that I get in, since this is one of my top choices. I don't think I can handle being in the US for another 4 years, being surrounded by crazy pre-meds that would pour acid on your face and lobotomize you in your sleep just to get ahead of the game.

speaking of which...are any of y'all like that?

If anyone needs advice on the interview - you dont need it. They want to know nothing more than "Can this kid handle living in another country for four years?" If they invite you for an interview - thats all you need to prove.

in your opinion does that mean an interview = an acceptance, providing that youre not a freak and can handle living abroad?

In my opinion, i have no idea. that is what it sounded like, though...my interviewer said verbatim, "So, the real point of this interview is to determine whether or not you can handle living in another country."

she said some people end up leaving because they get homesick...in my case, I am sick of home.

Haha. I'm also more than ready for a change. Good luck to you...perhaps I'll see you in Tel Aviv this Fall.

Thanx for the information, I am going to send an update letter and then call to make sure that I am complete again. It looks like they will interview through june so there is time. I really like the idea of this school. Having 30 year physicians teach you when you are a student is a great idea.

Most peoples interviews for my class were chill, essentially, welcome to Sackler. Mine perhaps was the same, but I was asked some pretty tough/standard med school interview questions. After nailing one of them she dropped it and asked me if I had questions for her. I asked some solid questions about how safe she felt, how easy it was to get to the hospitals, how was the language barrier.

As for 30 year old physicians teaching you, thats of course your 3rd year. In the past, an interview was a very good sign. But apparently the program is competitive so bring your A game to the interview.

Oh, and as far as cut throat students, they exist in every class. There are people who care far too much about certain aspects of their education, but really they have no impact on your own success.

I just withdrew my application and canceled my upcoming interview. I hope someone else gets my potential spot. ;)

I just withdrew my application and canceled my upcoming interview. I hope someone else gets my potential spot. ;)

boo... i was looking forward to meeting TopDocChick.... her avatar was intriguing... oh well