General Admissions & OTCAS Samuel Merritt Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you accepting or rejecting your seat?

• Total voters
Hi I got an acceptance call this morning (December interview) I know it was really stressful, and found relief from reading comments from you guys. So I am leaving my comment as well ☺️ Don’t worry too much if you are still waiting, and see you guys in few months!

Members don't see this ad.

I really hope so!

Waitlist is better than nothing, what number are you? And is Samuel Merritt your first choice?
I am 26th on the waitlist! So I’m not sure if I’ll make it haha. Yeah its one of my top choices. What about you?

I got the call yesterday afternoon and I interviewed back in December. I’m going to accept the offer.

Kasie mentioned they’re doing their best to quickly get all the decisions out and apologized for the wait. I’m sure more phone calls are coming. I’ll see you guys in the fall 😊

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am 26th on the waitlist! So I’m not sure if I’ll make it haha. Yeah its one of my top choices. What about you?
Aww I'm crossing my fingers for you! Samuel Merritt is my first choice :)

Hi! Has anyone who recently got accepted (via call) this week received their acceptance email yet?

Hi! Has anyone who recently got accepted (via call) this week received their acceptance email yet?
I got my acceptance call earlier this week (January Interview) and already received my acceptance email. I plan on accepting the offer. For those of you who are still waiting to receive a response or are waitlisted, I'm crossing my fingers for you!! And if you got the call and did not receive the email yet, I'm sure the email will get to you soon! :)

I had my interview on 12/5 and got the call a week after that I was accepted for Fall 2021 OTD at Samuel Merritt!
has anyone else heard any supplemental information on when we’ll hear from financial aid, meet our cohort, etc?
I think it would be cool to suggest a FB group or something to get everyone connected especially for those who will be looking for roommates later on!

Please vote on the poll about your admission decision! Much appreciated!!
[should be on top of page]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone from out of state and worries about the cost of living + tuition?

Anyone from out of state and worries about the cost of living + tuition?
I’m in state but it’s still a little concerning. Samuel Merritt has a heavy price point & living in Oakland would be interesting, things I’d factor in if I got in. I’m leaning more towards Dominican because of those reasons. But I’d hope the education is worth it.
Is that why you’re declining your seat?

I had my interview on 12/5 and got the call a week after that I was accepted for Fall 2021 OTD at Samuel Merritt!
has anyone else heard any supplemental information on when we’ll hear from financial aid, meet our cohort, etc?
I think it would be cool to suggest a FB group or something to get everyone connected especially for those who will be looking for roommates later on!
Congratulations! I got accepted a while back as well :)
I was also curious about financial aid and if I should contact someone about that...
I also think making a FB group would be a good idea!!

I’m in state but it’s still a little concerning. Samuel Merritt has a heavy price point & living in Oakland would be interesting, things I’d factor in if I got in. I’m leaning more towards Dominican because of those reasons. But I’d hope the education is worth it.
Is that why you’re declining your seat?
I’m actually accepted into the DPT program and noticed there wasn’t much difference in price for OT. I’m considering other acceptances as Bay Area rent is so expensive.

Has anyone heard anything from Dominican about the interviews in February? Also do people think they will inform us if we are not chosen for an interview?
I haven’t heard anything back from Dominican yet either!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from Dominican about the interviews in February? Also do people think they will inform us if we are not chosen for an interview?
Hey! I also have not heard back from them. I tried to email them but they never replied :/ best of luck!! :)

Hello! I just got an email from Dominican for my interview!

Congrats everyone! I am number 1 on the waitlist, so I am very eager. I will be taking the seat (if I get one), IF im not accepted into SJSU. SJSU's costs are just unbeatable. I also have not heard anything form Dominican.

Congrats everyone! I am number 1 on the waitlist, so I am very eager. I will be taking the seat (if I get one), IF im not accepted into SJSU. SJSU's costs are just unbeatable. I also have not heard anything form Dominican.
Congrats on being #1 on the waitlist! If they email/call you for your acceptance, can you please update us? Because a few of us are on the waitlist and I want to know when they start accepting people off the waitlist. Thank you!

Please vote on the poll if you peeps have a chance! (Denying or accepting your seat or waitlist)

Congratulations! I got accepted a while back as well :)
I was also curious about financial aid and if I should contact someone about that...
I also think making a FB group would be a good idea!!
Hello 😊 I made a FB group for those of us who will be accepting the offer! I’m excited to meet everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Hello! I just got an email from Dominican for my interview!
Awesome, they're finally sending out invitations! When is the date for the interview? I hope they send rejection letters if we are not offered an interview instead of us having to wait for an answer

Awesome, they're finally sending out invitations! When is the date for the interview? I hope they send rejection letters if we are not offered an interview instead of us having to wait for an answer
Dominican interview dates are this Friday and Saturday.

Congrats on being #1 on the waitlist! If they email/call you for your acceptance, can you please update us? Because a few of us are on the waitlist and I want to know when they start accepting people off the waitlist. Thank you!
Thanks so much, I wish you luck! I was hoping to maybe hear something last week but seems like it hasnt moved yet. I know st augustine gave me 21 days to decide, so hopefully it'll start moving this week or next.

Hello 😊 I made a FB group for those of us who will be accepting the offer! I’m excited to meet everyone

Yay! Thank you so much for starting this!

Has anyone gotten rejection letters from Samuel Merritt? I haven't heard anything back since my interview in December.

Has anyone gotten rejection letters from Samuel Merritt? I haven't heard anything back since my interview in December.
I can't answer your question, but try checking your spam folder. After looking back at old discussions, I saw that some people found their e-mails from Samuel Merritt in their junk folder

Definitely follow up. I received a call then email 24 hrs after.

Congrats everyone who has been accepted! And sending good vibes to those on the waitlist!
I was accepted back in December, and while Samuel Merritt has an amazing program, I have turned down the offer due to its location :(
Hopefully this gives those on the waitlist some hope. Good luck everyone!!🍀

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, congrats on being #1!
I was accepted and have turned down the offer, so hopefully they reach out to you soon!!

I dropped from the waitlist and was in the upper part of it. I'm in southern California and got into two schools there. Best wishes to those on the waitlist. My advice for hopefuls is if you are waitlisted and confidant you want to attend a specific school and also waitlisted from your long-distance schools, ask to be removed from the schools you are waitlisted long distance etc. etc. because that free's up space for a potential acceptance in general for both regions for people to get into their school of preference. People tend to apply to all of the same in-state schools if they are a native.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I received a call last night that an interview spot opened up last minute for an interview the following morning (2/5/21). I finished that interview.
I am not completely sure if they will inform people or not regarding interview invitations. Good luck!

Last edited:
Congrats everyone who has been accepted! And sending good vibes to those on the waitlist!
I was accepted back in December, and while Samuel Merritt has an amazing program, I have turned down the offer due to its location :(
Hopefully this gives those on the waitlist some hope. Good luck everyone!!🍀
Hello! Which other school(s) are you looking to accept?
I definitely agree that Samuel Merritt’s location is less than ideal. And did the cost also discourage you from attending?

Last edited:
I too got a call on Friday for Dominican, the day before interviews. But honestly, SMU and SJSU are my top choices so I too turned down the interview in hopes of giving my spot to someone else!

Wow, congrats on being #1!
I was accepted and have turned down the offer, so hopefully they reach out to you soon!!
thank you!! i've now seen a few people reject their offers, so im checking my email daily LOL

Hello! Which other school(s) are you looking to accept?
I definitely agree that Samuel Merritt’s location is less than ideal. And did the cost also discourage you from attending?
Hi!
I'm living in SoCal, so I just really want to stay in the area! (mostly because I want to commute and not have to pay for room and board).
Right now, I'm trying to decide between USC and Loma Linda.
Tuition itself is pretty expensive, and having to pay for room and board really discouraged me from attending.
Are you planning to attend Samuel Merritt?

Hi!
I'm living in SoCal, so I just really want to stay in the area! (mostly because I want to commute and not have to pay for room and board).
Right now, I'm trying to decide between USC and Loma Linda.
Tuition itself is pretty expensive, and having to pay for room and board really discouraged me from attending.
Are you planning to attend Samuel Merritt?
Oh yeah, that totally makes sense. I’m sure you’ll make a good choice with either of those amazing schools!
I’m waitlisted but still waiting to hear back from a few other schools.

Update on waitlist: just got an email saying that the waitlist has not moved at all...and that she will update monthly. I actually emailed back because I personally know people who have given up their spot. Will let you know what she says. ://

Update on waitlist: just got an email saying that the waitlist has not moved at all...and that she will update monthly. I actually emailed back because I personally know people who have given up their spot. Will let you know what she says. ://
I was so confused when I saw that email! Especially when a few people here denied their offer.. there should have been some movement.

I was so confused when I saw that email! Especially when a few people here denied their offer.. there should have been some movement.
Right, can’t help but feel a little frustrated. I emailed her!

Oh great thanks so much for doing that! Can't wait to meet you all :)

Did anyone happen to ask during the Dominican interview about the timeline of acceptances? Or has anyone heard anything yet?

Did anyone happen to ask during the Dominican interview about the timeline of acceptances? Or has anyone heard anything yet?
Some current students said that they heard anywhere from as soon as 3 days after the interview to around August. Those who heard in august were on the waitlist though, so must’ve been a last minute thing.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has gotten any rejection emails or anything from Dominican? I haven’t heard from them regarding any interviews, so I’m assuming I didn’t get in. But I was just wondering :)

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has gotten any rejection emails or anything from Dominican? I haven’t heard from them regarding any interviews, so I’m assuming I didn’t get in. But I was just wondering :)
I interviewed on 2/5 with 20-25 other candidates. Another round of Interviews were held on 2/6 as well. No word on if they’re still conducting interviews but it’s possible! Good luck🤞🏼

Has anyone heard back about waitlist movement? Also is anyone else dropping their name from the waitlist or class seat? Any update would be appreciated!

Has anyone heard back about waitlist movement? Also is anyone else dropping their name from the waitlist or class seat? Any update would be appreciated!
Not yet. I think we should be getting an update this week since they said they’ll give us monthly updates from their last email on feb 8th.

I accepted my spot at SMU, but will be pulling out from it since I got off the waitlist for USC. Hopefully someone from the waitlist will hear soon as a result! :)

Hi y'all!

I removed myself from the waitlist. I was within the top 10 on the waitlist so hopefully that helps someone out!

Good luck, everyone :)

Has anyone heard anything new about the waitlist? I still haven’t received the monthly update