General Admissions & OTCAS Samuel Merritt Fall 2021

Are you accepting or rejecting your seat?

• Total voters
About the Ads

OT.2021

Oct 14, 2020
    I denied my spot but never got a response from the school. It seems like spots should be opening up for the waitlist!
    I also just rejected my seat on Tuesday with no response from Kasie yet. I'm not sure if I should call and speak with her directly or just wait for a response over e-mail. Either way, I hope she reaches out to people on the waitlist soon about the open spots!

Charlye6

Feb 12, 2021
    1. DPT / OTD
      It seems like there should be more movement than there is at the moment. I don't know if this is something they're intentionally doing or if they are swamped at the moment. Even so, I feel like they should at least make some sort of effort to reach out and explain what is going on. Something about this wait-list situation doesn't really sit right with me.

Reactions: 1 user

simplynihada

Jan 18, 2021
        the weird thing is, kasie assured me that there hasn't been any movement and that the second a seat opens up she'd call me immediately. I have not received any calls lol (1 of 67 on list). I just got into SJSU though so I will be giving up my spot on the waitlist.

Charlye6

Feb 12, 2021
        1. DPT / OTD
          the weird thing is, kasie assured me that there hasn't been any movement and that the second a seat opens up she'd call me immediately. I have not received any calls lol (1 of 67 on list). I just got into SJSU though so I will be giving up my spot on the waitlist.
          That is weird. Congrats, now you don't have to worry about this situation anymore haha.

Charlye6

Feb 12, 2021
          1. DPT / OTD
            I emailed Kasie yesterday and she said she doesn't expect anyone to drop from the class so she basically told me to move on. I thought I would pass it on to everyone that is still holding out hope on the waitlist. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Lizufin

2+ Year Member
            Nov 23, 2019
            1. Occupational Therapy Student
              Hey guys. I am a current second year OT student at Samuel Merritt. I've been following this because I was interested in the incoming class. I've seen that there was a lot of confusion and contradictory information about the waitlist. Over the summer, I heard from a professor that the fall 2021 class is huge. She said that the school typically accepts about 60 students with the expectation that many will drop, and the class size usually resolves to around 30 or 40 students. Once the amount of initially accepted students drops below the 30-40 range, then they go to the waitlist. Apparently, very few students dropped from the initial acceptance list (the incoming class has about 55 students), so the school never really got to the waitlist. I thought you guys might be interested to know what happened. Sorry that you guys had to suffer through that.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.