You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Admissions & OTCAS Samuel Merritt Fall 2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don’t think they’re pulling people off from the waitlist yet.. since it took them over a month to tell us we only moved up a few spots 🙁Just got word that I am "1 of 67" on the waitlist...so I guess no one has given up their spots, other than on the waitlist
simplynihada
Full Member
anyone else concerned about how the waitlist has just...not moved at all?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes it seems really weird that there has been no movement..hopefully with the monthly update we get some better newsanyone else concerned about how the waitlist has just...not moved at all?
simplynihada
Full Member
I spoke with Kasie today and she said still no movement, but she anticipates some in the summer months. yikes.Yes it seems really weird that there has been no movement..hopefully with the monthly update we get some better news
Wait, really.. No movement to this day? I find that hard to believe since someone who got accepted here is going to SJSU instead 😞I spoke with Kasie today and she said still no movement, but she anticipates some in the summer months. yikes.
simplynihada
Full Member
That’s what I thought too. That’s what she said. 🙁Wait, really.. No movement to this day? I find that hard to believe since someone who got accepted here is going to SJSU instead 😞
oughtabeOT
Full Member
I denied my spot but never got a response from the school. It seems like spots should be opening up for the waitlist!
I also just rejected my seat on Tuesday with no response from Kasie yet. I'm not sure if I should call and speak with her directly or just wait for a response over e-mail. Either way, I hope she reaches out to people on the waitlist soon about the open spots!I denied my spot but never got a response from the school. It seems like spots should be opening up for the waitlist!
It seems like there should be more movement than there is at the moment. I don't know if this is something they're intentionally doing or if they are swamped at the moment. Even so, I feel like they should at least make some sort of effort to reach out and explain what is going on. Something about this wait-list situation doesn't really sit right with me.
simplynihada
Full Member
the weird thing is, kasie assured me that there hasn't been any movement and that the second a seat opens up she'd call me immediately. I have not received any calls lol (1 of 67 on list). I just got into SJSU though so I will be giving up my spot on the waitlist.
That is weird. Congrats, now you don't have to worry about this situation anymore haha.the weird thing is, kasie assured me that there hasn't been any movement and that the second a seat opens up she'd call me immediately. I have not received any calls lol (1 of 67 on list). I just got into SJSU though so I will be giving up my spot on the waitlist.
simplynihada
Full Member
I feel for you, best of luck!!That is weird. Congrats, now you don't have to worry about this situation anymore haha.
Nope. Nothing useful at least.Months later, has anyone heard anything from Samuel Merritt?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I am a current second year OT student at Samuel Merritt. I've been following this because I was interested in the incoming class. I've seen that there was a lot of confusion and contradictory information about the waitlist. Over the summer, I heard from a professor that the fall 2021 class is huge. She said that the school typically accepts about 60 students with the expectation that many will drop, and the class size usually resolves to around 30 or 40 students. Once the amount of initially accepted students drops below the 30-40 range, then they go to the waitlist. Apparently, very few students dropped from the initial acceptance list (the incoming class has about 55 students), so the school never really got to the waitlist. I thought you guys might be interested to know what happened. Sorry that you guys had to suffer through that.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 622
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K